Hong Kong Open 2007 - Day 2 (27 Nov) - Final Qualification/Round 1

Discussion in 'Hong Kong Open 2007' started by robin7, Nov 26, 2007.

1. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Not a bad day for Team INA as Jo Novita/Greysia Polii thrashed their opponent 21-8, 21-9 in 18 mins, while Tony Gunawan/Candra Wijaya also beat the tricky Chinese-Taipei pair 21-13, 21-16 in just 20 mins. They will face either Tan Bin Shen/Ong Soon Hock or Simon Mollyhus/Anders Kristiansen in R16. Meanwhile, Jo/Greysia will face possibly the top-seed Wei Yili/Zhang Yawen on Thursday.

The biggest news is of course Taufik Hidayat triumphing easily over Chen Hong 21-11, 21-13 in an anti-climax match. He will face another tough tie in Park Sung Hwan on Thursday.

More actions to follow tomorrow with 7 matches involving INA players in R32.

2. Smichz

Smichz Regular Member

Student,Tour guide,Marketer
    Great run by the indonesians..hope that they can keep their paces..

3. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

WOW, Tony/Chandra trashed the Taiwan pair in just 20 minutes. In Japan, they trashed the Japanese pair that beat KKK/TBH in WC. The Malaysian MD should learn from Tony/Chandra, must be something in they game plan that works.

4. eaglehelang

For Doubles is it shared? The prize money is - for SS MD usually is USD14,400 for winner, shared between the two players (I think)

Anyway, sad to think Malaysia women players only get RM8k, half of what the men gets if they are World top 2. No wonder we often hear of female players are quiting and gone to full time study after they finish their junior career.
    Hopefully BAM is successful in changing that,WMC's win have made inroads. With a female sports minister who's very supportive of women in sports, our female players may get better support/incentive.

5. indra

indra Regular Member

I guess it's fair...males should get more than females as males have more financial responsibilities to shoulder than females

6. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yess!!! koo kien keat/tan boon heong through to the next round..

7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

why the organiser do until like that the schedule...now some more got so much time buy why they din include all the match in the 1st round 2day...
    some of the ppl might very confused..

8. eaglehelang

Not in these modern times where there are many single mothers(divorced, widowed, etc). Statistics show many men leave their families and leave the wife to shoulder responsibilities of the family. Often times, it's the daughter who end up taking care of aged parents - both financially and physically.

It's called Equal Opportunity. How would you feel if at work you only get paid half for doing the same work, shouldering the same pressure, just because of your gender, not due to ability.

In any case, beefing up the women's department is good as a whole. At least more junior players see a future as WS or WD. Before, they think the great wall cant be penetrated.

9. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Excellent point. You sound like a sensitive new-age guy.(indra's ancient, I can tell) wah, if you're not taken yet, you'll probably be surrounded....

10. eaglehelang

LOL, LOL, and more LOL. Of course I'm sensitive new age- I happen to be female, just not a young teenager like most of you. So, of course, I wouldnt tolerate that type of opinion, to put it mildly. I cant imagine what the other female BC members would say when they read Indra's post.

2) And being somewhat older also made me more forgiving to our young players - when I was 18 - 22, dont think I could have withstood the pressure our players go thru.

3) Also Reading between the lines, seeing things under the surface/bridge/whatever the proverb, not face value comes with errrr much 'real world' experience, in terms of PR, office politics, how to cope and counter. Sounds like Shu Tze art of war eh?

11. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

haha, you daydream.
    TH is nothing. even BCL can beat him.

12. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    ya.. ya BCL can beat TH.. en TH also can beat BCL... imposible is nothing for mr nothing :p :p

13. phaarix

phaarix Regular Member

BCL can also beat LD and LCW :), your point?

14. dannyang

dannyang Regular Member

my point is that indra is crazy.

15. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    Old

This 2 old war horse still got some old tricks that is usable…

16. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    $$$$$$$$

Is not about fairness, is all about MONEY! More money to the men because most people likes to watch the men games. Like tennis the women games is catching up so do their prize money :)

17. s1nn3r

s1nn3r Regular Member

Qs
    rrrrrrrrrrr

If there are too much certainity and no upset, nobody wanna match badminton already. Read books better! Kekeke

18. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    they played pretty well actually. the Taiwanese pair didn't have much response to them. Tony/Candra was pretty consistent, but not as powerful and fast as they used to be.

19. d65up2

d65up2 Regular Member

Student
    Hello guys I am back again.....lol...so how is everyone....I hope my favorite mens doubles Kidosetiawan can win again here....well slim chance really

20. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

ha,ha. apologies. Actually what does 'helang' mean? Sounds very guyish,this name....