How to know if your racquet is strung well?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by JustSmash, Dec 31, 2009.

1. JustSmash

JustSmash Regular Member

I was just wondering; seeing as many of the people here are experienced and knowledgeable in stringing, it would be nice if somebody told me how you can tell if a racquet has been properly strung. I've heard of "good" and "decent" stringers but what are some ways to identify if a racquet has been strung well?

And if there is an already existing thread about this topic, please link me to it as I have tried searching, but to no avail.

Thanks in advance!

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

Some general points to look out for:

a) All the strings are straight when you first get the racket back;
    b) No mis-weaves;
    c) Knots are compact, neat, and secure, with tie offs that are flush with, or slightly within, the frame;
    d) There are no instances of string going a long way around the outside of the frame - a three hole jump is the most there should be;
    e) (Racket has to be played with for this one) Tension does not fall off quickly.

It goes without saying that you should check the racket itself for frame damage and/or misalignment - if either of these is evident you should change stringers!

3. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Differentiation of good / bad string job

Have a read of this thread