Ina's total failure in AE 07

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2007' started by indra, Mar 9, 2007.

1. DarrenS

DarrenS Regular Member

Company Director
    Will Taufik wake up one morning and realise that he has thrown away his career with all his shows of sulky petulance?

Everybody knows that on his day he is a fabulous performer, sadly his 'day' comes around less and less often.

Truly great players do not act in the way that he has, arguments with his governing body, walking off court after a supposedly bad line call. Grow up!

2. indra

indra Regular Member

In a short interview with Metro TV yesterday ( I watched the interview), it is true that he has wanted All England title, however, he did not have any regret at all for having not participated in the AE 07. He said that he does not have problems with PBSI. He is aware that PBSI has rarely talked to him recently. It does not matter with him. If PBSI has problems with him, please talk to me or my coach...He said that he would participate in the upcoming Asian Championship in Malaysia....:D

3. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    If it involves PBSI, TH will be a no-show and even if TH shows up, realizing there is no chance against CHN or even MAS, he will probably go through the motion...that is my opinion.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Failure story wasn't happen in All England/07 only but 2 previous SS plus last year World Champ, not quite shock about this.

TH factor exactly to give big contribution of this matter because INA depends too much from this guy. INA 100% certainly falls without TH participation in MS competition. Sony-Simon and Tommy have not yet ready to beat several top-names like LD and compatriots-PG-LCW.

About MD and XD, classic problem mental weakness and injured. Really doubted if they can reach victorious (again),both MD and XD divisions currently are more competitive because suddenly appear MD strong pair Malaysian KKK/TBH plus CHN wonder pair in XD.

WS -- keep silence after Susi retired.

WD -- China domination, who can defeat them?? Very slim chance for other countries.

5. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Do you foresee the newly forged veteran-youngster pairings (Sigit/Fran, Eng Hian/Rian to become world beaters and INA's saving grace in, say, a year's time? My definition of world beaters isn't as strict as "becoming the next KKK/TBH or CY/FHF" but at least at the same level of JJS/LYD or Kido/Setiawan.

#25 Inky2000, Mar 13, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. Joyous

Joyous Regular Member

If I look thru' the years, every country goes thru' a dry spell. In this instance, INA is experiencing it but given INA's badminton history, I believe they will bounce back. Hopefully, PBSI's problems with some players will be resolved asap.
    For Malaysia, KKK/TBH are new kids on the block. Again, hopefully they will maintain their form or improve further as other MD players will definitely scrutinise their game and work out a strategy.
    Denmark IMO will have to look for fresh blood. In the meantime, the Chinese players will still be dominant.

7. yy_ling

yy_ling Regular Member

Student
    well, the players at INA are not motivated at all, maybe because they are underpaid, but even if Taufik returns to play full form, he can only help in Men's Singles.

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

Simon and Sony are still not ready to take over Taufik.. The up n coming singles player is Tommy.. Hope he plays well like his dad..

9. utopia_imminent

utopia_imminent Regular Member

Student
    underpaid? if you knew how much land, houses and cars were given to their players who won WC in 05. not to mention, i bet you TH was given at least US$1 million for his victory in the 2004 Olympics.

although PBSI is stone broke, people often forget that Indonesian badminton is being backed up by cigarette companies like Djarum and Sampoerna. as you can see, Djarum is sending its top players (Sigit/Frans and Eng Hian/Sukmawan) directly to play in the international circuit. usually, these players would be playing for PBSI. the corruption in PBSI has become worse that Djarum has to step in and provide an opportunity for better players to go to the international circuit. it is so bad that Indonesia's only pride (other than TH and Nova/Lilyana) is two guys (Candra and Tony) who are self-sponsored. not to mention, one of them is no longer playing for the Indonesian flag.

i won't say that they are underpaid. they are probably underrated or unmotivated. :confused:

10. jurong_twister

jurong_twister Regular Member

None
    Sack all those PBSI officials. They are all rotten eggs.

It's just PBSI tactic to declare they dont have much money to get more fresh fund from donators. Oh well, that's how the corrupted Government/Official usually works.

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmmm..my personal opinion..

..IMO, no...:p
    ..that's what every INA badminton followers are hoping for..but i doubt it's going to change anytime soon..:p
    ..IMO, i doubt all 3 will make any "dent(s)"..at least as long as Taufik is still around..:p;)
    ..IMO, it's all 3 factors combined...Abt the rewards, they only get those IF and ONLY IF they win those titles..
    ..possible, but who will replace them??..new crew but same old mindset??..:rolleyes: :p

Bottomline, as mentioned in other threads, the realistic outlook is MODERATELY HOPELESS to BLEAK..:p

#31 ctjcad, Mar 13, 2007
  12. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    There is quick fix around this issue. But the Indonesian WD, XD, MD and MS division can still be salvaged, Taufik or no Taufik. I was very impressed with Sony's fitness against LD, he looked at his best.

But need a lot of serious work on WS division. A Sea Games champion not making the main draw of super-series? That's really poor.

13. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Hmm..

..abedeng, do you mind sharing with us what that "quick fix around the issue" is/are or could be??..and i assume that will be a *short term* "fix"??..:confused: ;)

#33 ctjcad, Mar 13, 2007
  14. indra

indra Regular Member

INA and PBSI ABSOLUTELY need TH more than the other round.

We need a figure with a TH-like character to manage PBSI....

Going to England (I don't know how many people) spending a LOT of MONEY, no single player even in the SF....what a waste of money!!!!

15. tjl_vanguard

tjl_vanguard Regular Member

Student
    my goodness... political issues again!!! if it could not be resolve, i believe big disaster is coming to PBSI soon enough.. another..sad..case... haihz.... :(