India Badminton

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by limsy, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

Happy Diwali to my fellow BCers.

arjevo and rajat_remar like this.
  2. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

In Hungarian international, Maisnam Meiraba lost to Bulgarian player Daniel Nikolov in the Semifinals. I was expecting him to reach the finals
    In the another Semifinals, Satishkumar karunakaran defeated seasoned player from Germany Fsbian Roth in straight games and entered finals .
    All the best to him.

#4382 Baddyforall, Nov 6, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
    paroxysmal likes this.
  3. Baddyforall

4. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    One good win and another great win today.

Where is Agus? He is not with team in Hylo and also Indo open.

5. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  6. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
  7. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    PR lost in the quarters of Scottish open to a MAS player :( . Meiraba is not participating.

Lefty youngster Pranav rao is playing Welsh open next week.

8. badmuse

badmuse Regular Member

Yes, the news came out officially on Nov 20. Agus Dwi Park was not getting the success Mulyo Handoyo managed with the Indian team. Agus has been waiting to leave India. I think he may go back to Thailand.
    India is now without a top Level Foreign singles coach and Top Level Foreign doubles coach. It is too much load for Gopichand to manage on his own. Until India hires more top level foreign coaches, India will struggle in the big tournaments against top players.

Link: https://www.espn.in/badminton/story...-kidambi-srikanth-sai-praneeth-stranded-coach

9. Baddyforall

Yesterday, I watched the semifinals of Ishan/Tanisha @ scottish open.
    Denmark male player was so rude throughout the match to Tanisha. At one point he spoke something rude to her that she stopped the match and went near the net to confront him. I am pissed that how come umpire without asking the Denmark player to ask sorry instead he told both the players to continue. But after the match was over , indian pair did not want to say namaste to him instead Ishaan went near the net and showed " close your mouth" sign and went away. I wonder what happened exactly there.

10. Baddyforall

This is the first time that India has more representatives in WTF.

MS
    ----

1. Srikanth Kidambi
    2. Lakshya Sen

WS
    ----

3. P V Sindhu

MD
    -----

4. Satwik/Chirag

WD
    -----

5. Sikki/Aswini

Ranking points for WD
    ----------------------------
    rawinda 48720

stoeva 37620

nami/shida 42100

thinaah 31770

chloe birch 31690

aswini ponnappa 29780

kim/kong 32050

Just now calculated the points. If Olympics Champions Rahayu/Gresey Poli gets automatic qualification, Aswini/Sikki will be qualified as 7th pair similar to that of our beloved MD pair Satwik /Chirag

11. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Wait! How did Ashwini/Sikki qualify for the finale? :D I saw satvik's insta story and got the shock of my life :p

12. Baddie lover

Feels weird , right ? Especially when the same pair can't even win IC tournaments and then they write "satisfied with this performance". Joke.

samkool and arjevo like this.
  13. arjevo

arjevo Regular Member

student
    Undeserving is the word that comes to my mind.

Baddie lover likes this.
  14. Baddyforall

Siril verma just demolished kiran George in the semifinals of welsh international

15. mohans

mohans Regular Member

Accidentally came across this clip of Priyanshu. Apparently this kid has many problems, reminiscent of his senior pal in the academy- SK. No discipline, lazy attitude, no basic game, no defense, playing non existent net shots, easy errors. Looks like Gopichand academy is trying to produce only flashy players, not champions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Baddie lover

@Sumanth99 , want to say something lol ? Mohans, Priyanshu impressed me in PBL. I thought if polished well, he'll do well (apparently I have thought the same from Ashmita and others, but have been disappointed). Priyanshu since then has not been able to show results which expected of him.

17. Baddyforall

You can't say anything about Priyanshu here. You will be wronged. I already got that medicine some time back. Priyanshu is nothing but average player. No speciality at all. I felt like he is so monotonous long time back. So many drawbacks in his game. I don't think he will lead indian badminton in the future.
    We can't judge a player from his/her performance in PBL. In PBL, nobody will perform well as it was conducted in the gap of already heavy schedule for Top Players. Even Gayathri Gopichand took a game from Tai Tzu ying if i am not wrong. But what happened to her. She completely left singles department considering the competition in World arena. With his current standard, Priyanshu can't win a GP level tournament let alone Superseries.

18. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I think we have to agree to disagree and that is okay.

Priyanshu has Good smash, net game, basic game as well, but he also sometimes tend to be lazy (I used term laid back long ago), sometimes he plays fancy shots when it is not needed which may look like he doesn't have a basic game, those things need to be polished, I haven't seen a better backhand among juniors,, I've always said he has potential and also some rough edges. What I like about him is he he thinks one step ahead and tries to out maneuver the opponent which is good to see, that being said he needs more discipline in his game.

There aren't many tournaments for him to play and improve, I don't know what will happen in future and I sure don't want to jinx anything.

Let us hope future is bright for Indian badminton and MS.

Baddie lover likes this.
  19. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    We can always see potential in our own way, we can always say if we see some potential or do not see any potential. But it baffles my why we need to decide on the future of a 19 yo boy if he can win an IC or WC, what is the need to have such strong feelings for our own young player.

20. mohans

mohans Regular Member

I, as well, was impressed by his PBL debut. I agree he played some good matches during that edition. He has a good attacking style of play. However that is a different scoring format, and most of the pros don’t play to their full potential in the league. Getting to see him play these BWF tournaments, I get a feel his basic game is not solid even for a junior player, which we know is a perennial problem for SK. Having said all these, I still hope he works hard in the coming years to become more of a complete player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk