Indonesia Open 2007 - 13 May, FINALS

Discussion in 'Singapore Open 2007 / Indonesia Open 2007' started by ants, May 12, 2007.

1. khloe

khloe Regular Member

student
    MAS's men doubles will win in the Indonesia super series?

i think if Zakry and fairuz keep the performance like today (semi final), they can win tomorow.
    i have a bit disappointed about KKK and TBH's performance. They dint have thier strategy when playing with CAi and Fu today.:crying:
    anyway, hope they can improve in the following super series.

2. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

if CY/FHF played like today, hard for Zakry/Fairuz to win too.. anyway, may the best pair win. no doubt, it will be interesting for badminton fans from all over the world tomorrow..

3. vellin

vellin Regular Member

Undergraduate student
    I'm sure Bao will bt LCW and be the winner. Because he has a very strong mentality. Just like today when he played against TH. Although he has only a few of supporter, not like TH who has a lot of supporters, he still can won that match. And of course he is in the best performance now. I will always support Bao. Jia you!! Jia you!!

#63 vellin, May 12, 2007
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  4. vellin

vellin Regular Member

Undergraduate student
    I'm sure Bao will bt LCW and be the winner. Because he has a very strong mentality. Just like today when he played against TH. Although he has only a few of supporter, not like TH who has a lot of supporters, he still can won that match. And of course he is in the best performance now. I will always support Bao. Jia you!! Jia you!!

5. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

it was a miracle he can dominate the match and make taufik catch up from behind. in terms of skills, taufik is superior but bao chunlai manage to beat taufik. tough work for LCW and i hope LCW can give his 200% tomorrow..

6. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

We calculated the MD rankings on this coming Thursday in the IO sf thread and now I'm calculating the MS rankings.

No matter who wins on tomorrow, the rankings should be (1) LD (2) CH (3) LCW (4) CY (5) BCL (6) PGC (7) Boonsak (8) Hafiz (9) Shoji (10) KJ (11) Taufik

Why Taufik will be kicked out of top-10 despite of his sf appearance in IO'07? He's the victim of the rule "points awarded in the previous edition of a tournament will be expired when the present edition is wrapped up". He was the IO'06 champion. Therefore, his loss in IO sf means that he will lose 2600 points, thus being knocked down.

7. bananaboy

bananaboy Regular Member

business owner
    Would you mind explaining why Chen Jin is not even in Top 10 anymore???:confused::confused::confused:

8. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

then LCW loss in MO makes him lose a lot of points too.. hard to catch up with Lin Dan now..

9. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

> No matter who wins on tomorrow, the rankings should be (1) LD (2) CH (3) LCW (4) CY (5) BCL (6) PGC (7) Boonsak (8) Hafiz (9) Shoji (10) KJ (11) Taufik

Sorry for the typo. CJ should stay in No.2. Just push the rest one rung down.

LCW's qf appearance in MO'07 means that he had lost 4000 points. However, I remember he only dropped one rung at that time - from 2nd to 3rd. That was probably that it was a big point gap between him and the 4th ranked player. On the other hand, Taufik is ranked 11th right now anyway (not 10th) and his points are very close to the 12th ranked Shoji (about 2700 points apart). Therefore, on coming Thursday, the two players will swap place (as Shoji will gain 800 points while Taufik will lose 2600 points).

#69 Inky2000, May 12, 2007
    Last edited: May 12, 2007
  10. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Bao beware...

I am too broken hearted today after Taufik :crying: and Tony-Chandra's loss....:crying: :crying: I won't watch the finals tomorrow... :( I could not bear any more dissapointments this week... :crying: Even though my heart goes to Lily-Nova, I cannot face a possible reality that Gao Ling & Zheng Bo can very well beat them tomorrow.....

My sin is that I thirst for Indonesian badminton glory... Not enough glory today... :crying: [actually not much in the past 6 months] :p

I will just play badminton with my friends tomorrow. They are all very sad after witnessing the tragedy... :crying: We want to practice the moves we learnt this week [an unrealistic ambition, but hey, we are amateurs, we can dream whatever we want]... :D

As for Bao... the other Chinese players who were watching the game in the player's corner praised Bao's FANTASTIC performance today. Taufik didn't play badly, but Bao was just superior. I admire his progress compared to last year's performance. His net play was as good as Taufik's today. Superb!

The other Chinese players also comment one warning [based on facts]... Bao often played well in the semifinals but.... in the finals, he very very very often could not perform his best. Just look at Bao's overall career....
    Runner Up...
    Runner Up...
    Runner Up...
    popped out of his BWF record... Seldom a "Winner"... yes some, but not many...

Compare Bao's record with Lin Dan's record...
    Winner
    Winner
    Winner...

LCW has more
    Winner
    Winner
    Winner
    attached to his record... er... especially LCW in the Malaysian Open... :rolleyes: Jago kandang! :p

Sort of like our Taufik at the Indonesian Open eh?!? :p Just like LCW, Taufik does not win every single year at home, but I believe, by the end of Taufik's career, he will break Ardy's record by winning 7 Indonesian Open titles... :D

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Smart of LYB to line BCL up fresh only for the second tournament when the others would be half spent (except perhaps LCW) Add that to some claims that BCL just came back from knee injury and to be able to defeat PG and TH while possibly carrying an injury...BCL has to be out of this world!
    But I always feel sorry for LCW. If he wins, it will be because LD did not turn up! If BCL wins,it will prove that LYB knew there was no need for LD to turn up. Give LCW a break.

12. Krisna

Krisna Regular Member

General Management
    Inky2000,

What happened to Chen Jin in your calculation?!?

13. Inky2000

Inky2000 Regular Member

Posted correction already. Please go back to a few replies ago.

14. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

What's so important about catching up with LD on RP now? With SS, there's no big advantage in being WR1, is there? Maybe you may want to list out the pluses. Does being WR1 guarantee an easy draw?

15. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

chandler, the 1st game of the CH vs LCW match was not telecast 'live' so would you pls fill us in on it? Did CH lose because he was unlucky?

16. JaCk™

JaCk™ Regular Member

no advantage being at the top? then why does lin dan want to secure the world no.1? why malaysia keep saying LCW at world no.1 last year was great? why taufik wants to improve his ranking now?? ask yourself first..if there is no advantage at the top, then what are rankings for? why not stay at the bottom of the ranking??

17. maIRa

maIRa Regular Member

i'm supporting malaysia
    malaysia!
    malaysia!
    malaysia!

jia you jia you!!:D :D

18. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    admit it, bcl had improved alot during his absent. His win wasn't all due to because of resting. TH had rested alot too. He is famous for resting, playing only selected tournaments.

19. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Overall, I find the match quality btw cy/fhf vs kkk/tbh rather poor. I would put it under 'waste of time'. Don't you think so?

20. Makkem_1

Makkem_1 Regular Member

not an easy call, but LCW should take Bao tomorrow.#
    I have to say I expected Taufik to steamroller BCL butcredit to Bao for a great match....
    But.... Bao will be tired. He has had to take out Gade and Taufik and has played other tough games. LCW is very fit and sharp and has come through the easier half of the draw. It might have been another story if he'd had to play LD but i think Lin Dan isn't here because of fatigue more than anything. LD had a dip in form, LCW is coming out of his [it's all 'biorhythms'!]

And don't forget that LCW has a good head to head against Bao - the way he plays with angles and switching the play seems to work well against the big guy. I know he lost that WC quarter but there was nothing in that [at the time that was an upset]

Lastly I think though Bao has really improved he is fighting the constraints of a tall lanky frame. He's not got the raw power to blast LCW off court as LD can, he has to grind him down - I mean in terms of power BCL's smash is weaker than mine, and I'm not a pro. To throw 6ft3 inches of body around the court the way he does is very impressive, and he has made the most of what nature has given him, but I guess his body will pay the price over a tournament...... Thats why I guess he rarely wins tournaments.

Prediction: LCW loses the opener in a long battle, maybe in overtime in an effort to wear Bao out - lots of lifts and nets - basic stuff to make Bao tired, then goes for broke second set, and Bao eases off to conserve energy LCW takes the second to a cricket score [21-9 i guess] and then the real battle starts in the third game. Then Bao matches LCW initially before Chong Wei pulls away in the latter stages.