Indonesia Open SSP 2012 - Final

Discussion in 'Thailand Open / Indonesia Open / Singapore Open 20' started by kwun, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

First of all,you owe Singapore and yourself an apology,never mind about me.

Second,we are not different class, we are all Singaporeans and we don't think we cannot behave as idiots sometimes - we are all human like people all over the world, sometimes wise,sometimes foolish irrespective of social "class" differences; that's not the way to defend your stand.

Third,herd instinct is a very dangerous thing. We must be able to think for ourselves and take responsibility for our own thoughts,words,and deeds - and not follow others blindly. That's how timid people are emboldened to do unimaginably harmful things.

Fourth,when Team SG was accused of conspiring with CHN to betray our nation,why did you join in the fray? Our national honour is at stake,you know. Apparently,you were blinded by something and took it out on me without realising what you were doing,the other guy must be shocked too. Please,we don't even know each other,we can attack each other's viewpoints but not personalities, there is no personal animosity at all. I and my friends feel sad that the whole world may be laughing at us.

#861 Justin L, Jun 17, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  2. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

See u all in Sin next week...

3. HappySachs

HappySachs Regular Member

Yep, see you all then

4. aeksit

aeksit Regular Member

Hahahahahahahahaahahahhahahaha
    what? easy work for INA?
    :D

5. robin7

robin7 Regular Member

Dreamer
    That's why I chose not to watch the last match. Tantowi Ahmad is the "Andy Murray in Badminton", always showing negativity on court when things not going his way.

6. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

it's rare ocassion, Super Series event with 5 different winners for each event.
    what the great matches during this week.

for last match, it seems quite fair enough
    Sudket/Saralee defeated first seed, so they are awarded as champion
    Towi/Butet defeated second seed, so that is runner up
    :D

waiting for OLY next month
    where I wish Saina, SJH, Simon Santoso, and some dark horses keep up the pace

just checked and quite surprised that line up for Singapore SS next week is not strong enough
    :(

#866 mr.bulutangkis, Jun 17, 2012
  7. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

What a long and superb badminton actions day;)
    BRAVO INDONESIA... u did a great job.. BISA!:)

8. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    In all my years Djarum Indonesia Open, this must be the longest finale. So long that I had to quit once Simon subdued Du Pengyu in 3 games.

.By the time I reached the airport, Sudket and Saralee were on the way to beat the All England champs. Probably the Thai pair's second best performance ever that I've seen live - after the epic losing battle against Emms and Robertson in the 2006 World Championships semi final. So much reduction of pace, that the Indonesians were unable to get their rhythm going. The Thais are not fast anymore but they are so smart.

Nice to see so many pockets of Indian supporters making the journey - and making me deaf too cos one group was seated right behind me. Their reward - Saina 2nd INA Open title in 4 years. By the skin of the teeth too ......

Which is probably what the Danish MD pair were feeling too - had they won game 1 after leading by huge margins. By the 3rd game it was always about Korean fitness.Congratulations to all winners and kudos to Djarum and the Indonesian public for making this tournament another one that eclipses the rest put together.

#868 abedeng, Jun 17, 2012
  9. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Sigh...it has to come....Tontowi Ahmad/Liliyana Natsir finally got beaten by Sudket Prapakamol/Saralee Thoungthongkam in yet another 3-set finale: 17-21, 21-17, 13-21. A bit disappointed by the outcome, despite the victory over Xu Chen/Ma Jin, but, it's always good to have a defeat before the London Olympics so that the coaches can reflect on the shortcomings of the INA pair.

Nevertheless, congrats to Sudket/Saralee.....they do deserve a big title and I would rather they win the title than any other pair.

As for Simon Santoso, he also deserves his biggest title so far and only his 2nd SS title after the Denmark SS 2009 about 1.5 years ago.

Big applause to the organizers (you know who you are!) and it has been yet another successful INA SSP this year.

10. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

Fantastic finals. For the last three matches, all H2H indications dashed. Who would have believed Saina could have beaten LXR having played an extra tournament and a marathon 90 min match. Where did she get the stamina? She has beaten two CHN WS and a top non-CHN WS in winning the title, an experience useful for OG. THA XD proves experience conquers youth as long as there s lasting stamina and confidence. Imagine THA and IND winning the OG gold...

11. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

It s important to get training in being laughed at. I get that quite often so I m immuned. This is just a forum, not a career or life threatening situation. Life goes on. Cheers.

12. Heong

Heong Regular Member

It's so good seeing 5 different countries take a title each :)

It's a very healthy occasion for badminton as Gillian Clark says

As opposed to China, China, China, China, China...

13. sari_nov

sari_nov Regular Member

Doctor
    Fiuhhhh.....congrats for Sudket and Saralee, they deserve the tittle today. I think it's okay for Owi/Butet to got beaten now, so they will not over confident when they play at OG. I was a little bit disappointed of course, but it was relieved by the victory of simon santoso...yeayyy!! :D :D. And another thing that makes me happy is because the winner from this edition is not dominated by CHN, no offense for CHN supporter.. Hehheeee

14. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Can't agree more. Loved the organisation this time around. Made the tournament and badminton itself look so epic and enjoyable to watch

Thanks and applause to the organisers, contributors and volunteers

15. lawrencecktang

lawrencecktang New Member

Student
    but they are all asian countries. it would be nice to see more other countries shining in badminton tournaments.

16. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Wow!!! How often does it happen? 5 Winners from 5 different countries.
    Most of the results as per my liking :D Saina, Simon, Jung/Lee. Great show indeed.

17. naistav

naistav Regular Member

And the Saina hater is silent? :D

18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

That's what we said there are rare true neutral fans in badminton. People's priority are not to cheer for good badminton. So sad for this sports...

19. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

Congratulations to Saina for winning the IO again. But again, apart from IO, what else big she won (other than talk) in the last few years? If without the fierce audience support at Istora........ :D

20. vpsingh

vpsingh Regular Member

The IT Guy
    Arrogant?!?!

You calling some fans arrogant just because they are happy that their player won. Now this is called arrogance. Peace man, but you can't even digest one defeat!!! No wonder Chinese players have difficulty winning fans in other parts of world:D.
    And how is it that when a Chinese is winning it is talent and skill while when they are losing it is luck, injury and "uncivilised" crowds.