International badminton club "Badzone" welcomes visitors

Discussion in 'Thailand' started by Carlson99, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Hi all, Badzone has now been an established club for 3 years in the heart of Bangkok...one of the more central courts available. We have a regular 23-33 players every Sunday evening from many different countries (some Ex-Pats, locals and visitors) from Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Japan, Korea, New Zealand, France, U.K, Germany, Canada, Philippines.

We're a very friendly club and if you're a visitor, just let us know you're coming here or on Facebook (Badzone Bangkok). All games are hard and competitive, regular members must play over a certain standard to be accepted. The level is high, the sportsmanship is superb and you WILL go home happy.

The price is 200 baht per person and we play from 7-9.30pm every Sunday on 3-5 courts depending on numbers. You won't find a club getting you more games within 2.5 hours. Location is at 71 Sports Club, Pridi Banomyong soi 41 (Phra Kanong area). Shuttles included.

It's a walk away (or a short taxi ride) from Ramkamhaeng Airport Link station, or an 8 min taxi ride up Phra Kanong road from the BTS station of the same name. Easy. When you turn into Soi 41, it's the first right into the sports club...so very close to the main road. The club has a shop to hire rackets, buy shuttles and accessories and restring. Also drinks and showers there.

Join the best club in Bangkok, Badzone! Organiser: Carl (Carl.Bkk)

stanleyfm, Cheung and Fidget like this.
  2. YueChuan

YueChuan New Member

java
    I plan to visit Bangkok at the beginning of 2018. Can I join you?

#2 YueChuan, Sep 20, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2017
  3. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Of course Yue, just send me a message on Line (Carl.Bkk) or Facebook to let me know which Sunday it will be. We usually get new people wishing to try out or visitors every week.

4. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

Is it a easy walk from Phra Kanong BTS? Easy as in straightforward and under 15mins? TIA!

5. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Hi Sunscreen, no you cannot walk it...too far. From the BTS you have 3 choices:

1. little truck, cost about 20 baht, ring the buzzer for it stop when you see the junction of soi 41 on your left.
    2. Motorbike
    3. Taxi (50 baht maybe)

Each will take about 10-20 mins depending on traffic

6. sunscreen

sunscreen Regular Member

Thank you! :)
    I sent you a PM about this Sunday and how to find the venue.

7. Thebestbees

Thebestbees Regular Member

Hi, does this club still runs ?

8. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Yes it definitely does...every Sunday. The court has a drinks shop, showers, racket hire, restringing etc. etc. We just ask that guests let us know they're coming first. For those living in Bangkok and wanting to join regularly, first session is a trial just to make sure players are above the minimum level to keep games competitive.

You can see location details on our meetup.com listing (search for Badzone Advanced Games) or on Facebook.

Cheung likes this.
  9. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    The club continues to be popular with visitors (tourists) dropping in from China, Canada, Japan and England (some county players) over the last 2 weeks. We always welcome visitors who play to a good competitive standard and always looking to play friendly matches against local Thai or foreign clubs.

10. MidOne

MidOne Regular Member

Hi Carl is the session still on?

11. Carlson99

Carlson99 Regular Member

coach
    Hi, yes it certainly is...going from strength to strength. We are getting 20-24 players every Sunday at 7pm from different parts of the globe with good games. Lots of games in 2.5 hrs. I think most of us enjoy having new people to play against to keep things exciting.

If anyone wants to come regularly or just as a visitor Whatsapp me on +66 920565439

Cheung likes this.
  12. MidOne

MidOne Regular Member

Nice to hear that Carl, I am from Malaysia and will be seconded to BKK for work. I will be contacting you upon the confirmation of my arrival and with all my kits here. Thanks again.

Carlson99 likes this.