Junior badminton

Discussion in 'Malaysia' started by avidshuttler, Jun 6, 2007.

1. BadAddict

BadAddict Regular Member

Self employed
    My..my, what explosive remarks we have here, very intersting. I would like to add my opinion to the different "school of thoughts".

Firstly, as mentioned by Badgiler....there are many "flaws" in M'sian junior badminton scene......hope things get better in time.

Secondly, I was told there were only 4 boys selected for the u-15 MSSM tournament. Zulfadly, the obvious choice in singles....unless u guys out there think u can take him on. Azrin, the top ranked u-15 junior in BJSS. Jeeventheren, the MSSS singles champion & Lim, the MSSS doubles champion (partnering Jeeven). BTW, Zulflady toke both singles & doubles title (partnering Azrin)....so, can anyone blame the MSSM selection people for this line-up? bearing in mind Selangor will have 2 "sure" gold & MSSM only allows 2 singles & 2 doubles. Zulfadly & Azrin play singles, (Zul & Azrin) & (Lim & Jeeven) in doubles. Actually , there is only 1 BJSS junior involved & 2 more in their wings, Adib & Soong Joo Ven.

Thirdly, Avidshuttler only managed to play MSSS as a direct result of SJV, the champion FINALLY joining BJSS. He lost in the semi-finals of MSSD & the 2 players choosen would be the Champion & the runner-up.

Not to undermine Avid achievement (Any finals is a fantastic result), the MSSS have provided him a higher platform to perform. He should learn from this and come back stronger next year.

Satek....Avid is very upset as he was looking forward to this year MSSM (refer to his earlier postings) & not "boasting" in every sense. Me...I'm just an old man who loves to see top juniors in action.

2. NRTMember

NRTMember Regular Member

Aiya.....if u all are good enuf u will beat them no matter wat circumstances

all those BJSS training is juz crap....i dun think all this giv u an excuse to lose to BJSS player....Zulfadly is training on his own from young til now and still beat BJSS player who went into full time training

i agreed wif badgiler that action speaks louder than words....dun complain and start train harder...

3. Satek

Satek Regular Member

Student
    Each of us has our own point of view.
    I agree partially to whatever you all said.
    As BadAddict said, the line-up they chose for Selangor was probably the best?
    Avid, sorry for the harsh comments, but still I think, if you wish to represent the state in any tournament, you have to proove yourselves.
    Badgiler, im not as good as u think to qualify for MSSS.
    Just here to give my comments.

By The Way
    Better still, is allow them to compete together with the BJSS players from various states - in the MSSM. This way, these up & coming players will have a chance to gauge themselves and also spur them to work harder to match their counterpart in the BJSS. Coaches also can scout for new talented players to be included into their program at BJSS.

How is he going to compete with BJSS players if BJSS players are not allowed to play?

Instead of premature ending of a player's dreams and wasted talents, not to mention funds and time wasted on organizing the MSSD and MSSS by various parties at school, district, and state level (to organize these, each student in each school in Msia must pay RM2 annually), isn't it beneficial for our country this way? We can tap from a continuous and inexhaustable reservoir of gifted and talented players year after year.....

If these tournaments are not organised, how one is going to gauge its standard against other players? Without these tournaments, one WONT even know where they stand among their district players and state players. Why talk about nationals?
    BJSS accepts talents every year, and if this continues, i dont think talented players will not be wasted and having their dreams crushed.

4. shygirl

shygirl Regular Member

Student, future employee
    Just a comment.

Everyone has their point of view. I have seen many players, last time, even though they are not in BJSS, they could give a very tough fight, and even could beat those BJSS players. It is not impossible although they have full time training. I must admit it will be difficult to beat them, but still, not impossible.

I think what avidshuttler is concerned is that he, as a player, who played quite well in MSSS, could not play in MSSM. As a player, I think this should not be a reason to demotivate him to continue training in badminton. On the contrary, he should be determined to trained harder so that he could qualify for next year's MSSM, even to beat BJSS players to qualify for that.

Just trying to convert his dissapointment to a kind of motivation.:)

Determination is the key to success.:D

5. avidshuttler

avidshuttler Regular Member

student
    A very special thanks to Joanne, Badgiler, NRTmember and Shygirl for your concerns and motivations.
    After listening to their encouraging words here, i realise now that i should not let this bad experience influence me further.

Hidup badminton!

6. avidshuttler

student
    Oh oh....i ve missed out thanking abang mmnoor.....is it abang or have i address mmnoor wrongly?

Anyway thanks.

7. shygirl

shygirl Regular Member

Student, future employee

hopefully you really get motivated. maybe next time your face will appear in the newspaper as one of the star player? :p (if i noe ur true identity:D)

8. jrmanu

jrmanu Regular Member

hey

wei where are u training now ? your the aaron guy right

9. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Getting thrashed on court.
    There is a reason why people choose nicknames you know. ;)

avidshuttler, your Hidup Badminton sounds a tad sarcastic. :p Correct me if I'm wrong.. But anyway, in the end it is your decision. Make the right one! Hehe.

I'll be leaving Selangor end of this week.. none of you happen to know of any social badminton groups in Kedah, do you? I'm not sure whether I'll have to hang up my racquet in Kedah or not.. :(

10. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    LOL Joanne !!!
    Dun wry...kedah is a state of badminton players...u dun needa hang them...just tag ur rackets along...lol

11. shygirl

shygirl Regular Member

Student, future employee
    yeah, I think Kedah has more good players than Selangor. It's a state of badminton also!:D

12. blessing

blessing Regular Member

yo.. all d abest Joanne.. i hv hung up my racquet here.. jux play when i go back to my hometown.. =)

13. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Lol I decided to bring my racquet along to Kedah after all. Whether I can find a group or not is a different matter altogether..

Blessing.. you're in Selangor.. can find sooo many groups to play.. just ask ZhiWeiz to lead you around. ;) Thanks hehe.

14. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Lolz...
    haha...bring la Jo...maybe u will get ur fame in Kedah !!!
    XD

15. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Fame my foot.

Anyway as luck would have it I left my racquet in my dad's car. :crying:

Have to cari for one now.

No one here from Kedah..? :(

16. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    Have your dad courier your racket to you, it dose'nt cost much.
    Don't let a racket be the reason to miss your badminton game. Try Citylink, my company in KL use Citylink and you can get your goods the next day anywhere in West Malaysia. You be supprise how fast you can get it.:)

17. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    Hmm...yeah...Jo...dun give up...

Ur a good player u know...

18. avidshuttler

student
    Hi Joanne, here's wishing you all the best in Kedah!

19. Joanne

Joanne Regular Member

Sorry for my extremely late reply. I bought a racket here, haven't had a chance to use it yet here though.. seem to play only when I go back to PJ. *sigh* Haha. I'm doing my utmost best to find a way to play/train though. Thanks for your advice :)

Thanks Zhiweiz and Avid! =)

20. ZhiWeiZ

ZhiWeiZ Regular Member

Student
    What racket u bought from there???
    Sounds cool to me...

Ah...finally this thread is alive again...