Kim Ki Jung & Kim Sa Rang

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by Giga01, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hi Fans : Just to check Is Kim Sa Rang still using MX 80 ? Thanks

2. Heong

Heong Regular Member

Yeah he is. He used it for the finals today and semi-finals.

In the earlier rounds he was also using the new MX90.

P.S: Although the Kims lost today, I'm confident they'll be able to defeat Ahsan/Hendra another day. They're both exhausted and Sa Rang had a very bad back injury... not to mention the Indonesians didn't let them get into the match.

3. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Thanks Bro ... MX 80, I think he should drop the racket, i don't know why he should drop a winning MX 90 racket !

4. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    For all of those who are discussing the suspensions of LYD and KKJ, is it not suspicious that despite KKJ/KSR playing together in the entire year (total of 18 tournaments) that KKJ accumulated 3 missed drug tests while KSR did not? Just seems very suspicious if it really was BKA's fault not managing to contact the players b/c they were at tournament or something.

I don't suppose there is same suspicion towards LYD though.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

They do a lot of promotional stuff like exhibitions, and play in different club teams than their regular partners...
    Also, the WADA doesn't test every single team member every time they come around so it's quite possible that they wanted to test KKJ, LYD and a few lower ranked players in one go, with LYD/YYS and KKJ/KSR being absent and the others present...also you don't know if KSR, YYS, KSH haven't missed one or two tests as well, after all they're only punished after the third missed one...

#45 j4ckie, Jan 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  6. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Next I predict Yoo will partner Kim Sa Rang , after their both partners are banned.

7. krazn

krazn Regular Member

Does anyone know what shoes Kim Ki Jung is wearing in the 2013 Hong Kong Open Final??

8. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Well. Bronze again. I wonder what the result of the final would have been, had Kim Sa Rang not gotten injured. I hope he recovers well.

9. visor

visor Regular Member

They were injured in the QF?

In any case, Kim/Kim's mental strength is their weakness as the match wears on.

#49 visor, Sep 1, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  10. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

I saw Kim Sa Rang stand and talk with some coaches, and a official before the Semi-Finals begun. It looked like something might have happened, looks like that was indeed the case. According to http://www.badzine.net/news/worlds-sf-–-world-1s-cruise-to-the-finals/32017/
    Kim Sa Rang will have surgery in a months time. I hope it's succesful and that he will be able to recover nicely.

11. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Kim Ki Jung's Wedding picture (early of May 2015)

Kim Ki Jung Wedding 2015-05-04.jpg
    Just stumbled upon the wedding picture of Kim Ki Jung and his beautiful bride (sorry, unable to find out his bride's name), presumably held on this early (03 !?) of May 2015.

12. visor

visor Regular Member

Wow, pretty impressed by their underdog wins over FuNan in Korea Open SF, and Ahsan/Setiawan in QF.

Particularly KSR, who has one of the best front and mid court intercepting and cut-off plays around. Yes, he may make some occasional mistakes but overall he forces a lift if not an outright winner.

As a pair, their smashes are not the most powerful, but they are deadly with their accuracy in causing weak replies which can be killed. Their defences are quite creative and solid as well, although not to the level of Korea's number 1 pair Lee/Yoo.

What really stood out was the Kims' mid court flat play and blocks and pushes are very effective against the opponents they won over. But some how they weren't able to overcome Lee/Yoo in the final... perhaps due to being overcome with "respect", or maybe due to their seniors extensive experience with their game so they knew how to counter them.

#52 visor, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  13. visor

visor Regular Member

14. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

When watching the Final game, I thought that Kim/Kim had more creative shots and were more entertaining to watch. Lee/Yoo were very consistent and basic. That style has its merits, but isn't really exciting for the viewers.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

yeah, kim/kim could have made it very close or even won it, if they did not have the slow start in both games where they were some 8! points behind at the interval

16. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

I think that Kim GJ seemed nervous or kind of out of sync. KSR did pretty well in his defensive placement shots and his front court interceptions. Lee/Yoo were just more steady and calm

17. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Received the bad news that both Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang have withdrawn from Thailand grand prix gold tournament together with Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol. This make it no representatives for Korea at all in MD department.

18. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

this news already come out last week, slow...

19. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    What a great tournament for the Kims!!
    Congratulations for winning the China open ssp event.
    Well deserved.

They are finally back top the worlds best md pairs. They are one of the most exciting combinations. KSR can do everything with his racket, he is so quick and has such great reflexes. I think they are not as good as Lee/Yoo or maybe even Ko/Shin in the defence but they are always looking to counter attack or block instead of just lifting. And KKJ has such a great cross stick smash (or is it a normal smash with a way shorter movement?!) which adds even more speed to their attack in combination with always taking it early!

Korea looks so good in MD!

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I cannot help it but agree that Korean MD is back yes back to the best performance. Last time people used to talk about Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong the ranked no 1 pair good performance. Yes the Koreans are back. Then there is also Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol. Now even Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang can reach the finals of a super series premier tournament. This is really good. So to sum it up Koreans now have 3 good MD pairs. Although I know that it is impossible for this 3 pairs to play in 2016 Olympics as only the best 2 can represent their country, I certainly hope that this 3 pairs will continue to do well. Currently the Koreans are unbeaten in MD department. This is clearly a good sign. Hope Korean MD will continue to do well in the coming tournaments. All the best and good luck.

TheNotorious likes this.