Korea Open Super Series Premier : Day 1 (26-Jan-2011)

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open / Korea Open 2011' started by miksss, Jan 25, 2011.

1. mr.bulutangkis

mr.bulutangkis Regular Member

Do you know why CHN split their two MDs?
    I am not sure if the only reason to give Zhang Nan more concentration in XD (assuming Xu Chen/ZHang Nan is temporary)

2. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    i am sorry if my post is repeated as i made error in my first reply and i don't know where is it now? can not see it apper in the thread in case it appears two places. sorry for that.

i try typing it again.

i don't know either why CHN lack in strong men pair when compare to all other categories and other peer countries.
    similarly in other sports, their women sport are more dominant. of which the good men sport they have, they are in individual event sport, and not a team (more than 2 players) event.

this is true for e.g. their men soccor is much below japan, korea, middle east team but their women is of par or a little bit better than other peers.
    and all true in other team sport e.g. hockey, volleyball, water polo (may only except basketball??) but their individual event like gymnastic, diving, table tennis, their men player are par to women.

my notice is CHN is better in individual event and women is more dominant and they are better in small ball (against big ball) and they are better in hand-play sport (against foot)

any one notice of this and can it tell anything about the nature of them? this is just a remark and not intend to offend of any kind.

what do think about this observation?

3. junliug

junliug New Member

In China, local governments fund athletes early in their sports life before they enter the national team. These local/provincial governments are competing for the count of medals. So imagine you were a local government, would you prefer to fund a soccer team consisting of 22 players than a badminton player? Remember either of them can net you only one medal.
    As to your second question, Chinese women are more dominant because in china, women have equal opportunity to participate in professional sports (they have equal pay, equal training conditions, and other stuff), and more importantly, today, women's sports are still way less competitive than men's

4. majyun

majyun Regular Member

junliug did indeed give a very brilliant post! It is definitely easier to find funding for a single player rather than a team, not to mention the potential of gold medals they might produced.

About the female sportmen, I am also inclined to think that there are more sportmen than sportwomen in this world(except maybe in gymnastic and dancing?). I could be wrong though.

5. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    Well explained. And welcome to BadmintonCentral, junliug. :):):)

In China, the difference between the women's and men's in sports is not that far apart. But in other countries, like in Malaysia, Indonesia, etc..., we find a BIG DIFFERENCE between the women's and men's strength.

#505 chris-ccc, Jan 26, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  6. bura836

bura836 Regular Member

accountant
    dear all, my purpose is for academic matter only.

your following remark are also true but yet it is not completely explain, i think.

at country level, the level of standard should rule and bring up all sports. your reason on funding is true but then should it be true for other country as well, but the chn men team (meaning play together) always weaker when compare the same with peers countries.

in thailand the public criticize that we good in playing or doing individually but not good in team work, i am agree in this remark but not in thai sport i think. it is more true in working than working for thai. this remark make us improve and try harder in team work and it is better in thailand.

there should have some reason (or not) e.g. the brazilian they are so brilliant in almost team sport eg. both men and women soccor, both men and women indoor and beach volleyball, etc. the russian and eastern europe are good in gymnastic.

also look at this, the south east asian sport called "sepak trakaw" (three player each use leg and foot to play over net like volleyball), it is dominated by thailand and malaysia ever since and after it is introduced to asian game ten year ago, nowadays the uprising countries from east asia in women is chn and vtn but in men team is korea and japan. the funding issue could not explain well.

and so on to wonder why chn is only weak in men double badminton for decades as i always hope to see and fully cheer them.

7. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    even if zakry is to partner tbh or kkk,it wont be any better
    try to throw zakry,fairuz,ong and hoon to fight those younger pair in bam,then u know where they stand
    this two pair might be ranked 6/7 in the internal battle;)

u sure they are our 2nd?try to check world ranking,not even the 5th;)

kimchi chigae,bibim bab,doubokgi:p
    or maybe korea bbq:D

8. chris-ccc

chris-ccc Regular Member

Professional Badminton Coach & Badminton Promoter
    In Thailand the public criticize that we good in playing or doing individually

Perhaps some players are not happy with how their National Associations set things up for them.

Have a read of this thread located at;

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/for...yers-going-Professional&p=1612223#post1612223

9. undeadshot

undeadshot Regular Member

Zakry/HTH are the lowest in my list of this regular backup pairs. MHC/TWK, Fairuz/OSH, CPS/LKW and GWS/TKS should be about the same level... but of course it all depends on whether Fairuz plays up to form.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i dont think zakry/hoon or fairuz/ong can beat any of the 3 pair u mentioned

11. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

A few members did mention before that in CHina the talented ones go for MS 1st, if they dont make the cut or not good enough for singles, then switch to doubles