Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. visor

visor Regular Member

looks like the 90 min match with ld was just like a warm up training match for lcw, as he took down cl in straight sets... ;)

2. josellechris

josellechris Regular Member

Bank Employee
    The World No. 1 LCW is back!

3. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Amazing LCW! Beating both LD and CL in the same tournament in China! Simply fantastic.

4. Tantrum

Tantrum Regular Member

Want to watch the match again!

5. sh_shashi1

sh_shashi1 Regular Member

Student
    This victory is a game changer for LCW. I think he has reversed the game for RIO. Had he won against CL in any other match would not have meant much. The fact that he outclassed a prime CL while the other day he toiled for 91 mins is a sure sign teller . CL was not even challenged in any game earlier and he was completely fresh. If only LCW can tackle is mental scars he will be unstoppable till he wants.

6. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    well well well...

7. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

Still... Its only one tournament. Although this win goes a long way towards healing his self esteem

8. Shuttle Flash

Shuttle Flash Regular Member

Badminton Player
    image 2.jpg
    Lets us all laugh hard on this!!!

9. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Save your laugh for future tournaments too...

10. shooting stroke

shooting stroke Regular Member

Professional / Badminton Coach
    Congratulation Datuk LCW

What is the most important outcome about him winning today is not because he is the only 3rd Malaysian player to do so on Chinese soil, in the single department other then Wong CH and his wife, Datin WMC for this past 2 decade but, this victory has able to give him a massive mental and moral confidence that he still has all the qualities to beat both LD and CL despite all critics he received about his performance and age after his long suspension.

Winning the CO SS while beating both LD and CL on his route to victory maybe is not as glorious as winning the WC or Olympics or the Asian BC, the only 3 major tournaments that is still not present in Datuk LCW resume however from analyzing Datuk LCW game plan approach against all the players he is confronting, especially against LD and CL, Datuk has now able to plan a more efficient style of play that can give him a higher opportunity as a winner by executing the right shot at the right time.

Hopefully Datuk can maintain such performance and if he can continuously maintain his style of play as what he is doing now and Datuk will be the the player to beat and the most major threat to LD and CL in Rio in their effort to maintain China legacy as the current nation with multiple Olympic gold medalist badminton singles winner in Rio later.

My advice to Datuk, don't be so hype about winning the the CO to much, continuously maintain your health and physical fitness, revise the all the key points that makes you a winner and focus on strengthening on this area and since i can guarantee that CL and LD will learn from their defeat as it can give them a significant moral impact as their defeat occurred on their own home soil, Datuk must always remain mentally focus and believe that when the time has come to confront them again in any SS tournament and especially in Rio, similarly like them you also has all the qualities to beat them again.

SS

11. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

What is there to laugh hard on? I think you are the one who is laughable. Why ridicule a player for something so innocuous and natural as losing a match? What's your motive, a sales gimmick ? What proof do you have that he went home without a shirt, just based on the picture on the right? You're treating us as 5-yr-old kids.

Does it mean the next time LCW lost, not just to Lin Dan or Chen Long, but to ,say, another qualifier in a SS tournament like what happened to him earlier to Heo Kwang Hee - you are going to do something like this to him, or worse ?

There can only be one title winner in any one tournament, does that mean all the rest should feel ashamed of themselves and be subject to ridicule ? Who will ever want to take up professional sports or any competition for that matter? What does the spirit of sportsmanship mean to you ?

12. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    Are the LCW/LD and LCW/CL matches on YouTube yet? I'd really appreciate being linked to them.

13. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Lee Chong Wei's world ranking should go up a massive one place with this win.

14. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Awesome win against CL. Very surprising outcome indeed. I was not expecting him to win at all given the record thus far, CL being on home soil and on form and that LCW having had increasingly tough last 3 matches before the final so must have been tired whilst CL had far shorter matches. This is a massive win for LCW and and extremely well deserved one.

I have not seen him play this well for a long time. I do not recall seeing any (although there must have been a few) unforced errors from LCW - how many times did he hit long of the base line or wide? He was also very calm, quietly confident but more importantly, he didn't get complacent when ahead.

I love the way he was so patient with his attack and the precision and perfect timing of his lifts to prevent CL attacking. He gave CL very few opportunities to attack. He and his coaches have clearly been doing their homework.

Well done LCW. I hope you go on to win a few majors with this new style of play.

15. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Chill down. I believe he doesn’t mean to disrespect CL. It was just for fun, although I can hardly laugh at this.

16. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

I think some recent defeats have made him become fearless and willing to accept defeat more than when he held #1. It was a huge pressure on him and now it was somewhat removed and he can enjoy playing badminton more. It's good for him and for the sport.

17. ownz.uno

ownz.uno Regular Member

My trust for LCW is paid handsomely :D

Whatever people said, he always our national hero.

18. Rob3rt

Rob3rt Regular Member

Congrats on winning China Open 2015 by beating CTC, JOJ, LD and CL.

19. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    He beat the 6th seed, 2nd seed, 3rd seed (Olympic Champion) and top seed (World Champion).

20. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    100likes.. when it rains it pours