Lee Chong Wei ( 李宗伟 )

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by tbleong, Jan 8, 2007.

1. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I hope you refrain from using such "jokes" as it is not nice and reflects poorly on yourself. :(

2. koo_fan

koo_fan Regular Member

Student
    Hey...cool down, Uncle Loh. He's a new member.
    Well, Happy Birthday. A belated one. May God bless you.

3. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    On the point of food poisoning, it was reported in Singapore that a woman has died of it after taking Indian rojak at a popular stall recently. Many others who patronized this same stall at about the same time got ill and sent to hospital. The stall has been closed while police are conducting investigations.

Compared to this case, LCW's food poisoning must be considered mild as he could still play three games of competitive badminton during the India Open. ;)

4. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Thank you my young lady. :)
    All the more our "new" member must know how to be more sporting. :cool:

5. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Rojak, more specifically the Rojak sauce, is in fact a major cause of food poisoning in Singapore and Malaysia. The reason is due to accumulation of bacteria in the sauce which is not frequently being reheated.
    India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan are infamous places for food poisoning. If you have visited these places and have not been down with food poisoning, consider yourself very lucky. When visiting these countries you should bring along plenty of yogurt pills because yogurt contains lots of friendly bacteria that oftentimes kill off the bad bacteria. Amoebas poisoning is also very common.

6. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Where did actually DLCW having his meal until food poisoning at India? Stall beside roads? Mamak stall?

U consider India, Bangladesh and Pakistan are infamous places for food poisoning. Why DLCW and his gangs didnt noticed that, and take extremely careful when go out and having their meal?

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

You can get food poisoning in these 3 countries even if you stick to hotel food and drinks. The only safe food or drink to consume is to have them cooked and boiled.
    The company I used to work for had operations in these 3 countries and I was a frequent visitor. By far the most dangerous is Pakistan. Out of the 50 plus expats in our company who had visited Pakistan, all of them had at one time or another come down with food poisoning, mainly caused by amoebas. The first time I had it was in Karachi and I thought I was going to die. What is astonishing is that our Pakistani employees who eat the same food were not affected at all-it must be their immunity.
    One of two Dutch agricultural experts sent by me to Bangladesh was so sick he had to be sent back to Holland on a stretcher without completing his assignment.
    Last year my youngest son went to India with an Englishman. My son stuffed himself with yogurt before he left and he also brought with him yogurt pills and alcohol hand swipes. His English friend disdained such silly precautions. In their second day in New Delhi his English friend became violently sick and was admitted to an Indian hospitable where he stayed for a few days on drips. He came back to Hong Kong and stayed another few days in a hospital. BTW, Indian hospitals smelled of urine in the wards and in corridors.

8. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Thats horrible.:eek: I am just planning to go visit Taj Mahal this coming october.

By the way, besides cooking ourself, is there any ways to avoid food poisoning while we visiting those countries? Maybe to visit some expensive restaurants and high class hotel? If it is really as what you've mentioned here, i think i better change my holiday plan.

9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Bring along yogurt pills and some imodium. Wash your hands as often as you can and then clean your hands with alcohol swipes after washing
    because you can never trust the water. Eat only well cooked and temperature hot foods and take only bottled drinks. Don't be deceived by posh looking restaurants because the culprit may be on the plates, spoons and knives which can look clean. I suspect I was poisoned when I had dinner at a 5-star Intercontinental hotel, which was very posh.
    I have had some degree of food poisoning in many countries like Bali, Malacca, the US, Hong Kong and even Australia but these are nothing like those you get in Pakistan and India. In other countries the source of food poisoning can be easily traced-oysters have caused me trouble many times-because if it is from last night's dinner then everyone who had the same dinner would get it. But this is not the case with Pakistan, where your Pakistani hosts are never affected and only foreign visitors get it really bad. I suspect it is a type of bug the locals are immune to.
    The Taj Mahal is in Agra and you can drive there from New Delhi or take a bus. On the way, you can have typical Indian style English tea served from a big kettle. It looks dirty but is safe because the tea is boiling hot. Take a picture of yourself having tea in a scene that has not changed for thousands of years. But don't visit the Taj in summer; the temperature can reach 46 degrees C.

10. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Thanks for your great infor...honestly, I am deliberating whether to go see WC09 this year as my part-time contract workload is less busy than last year due to construction slowdown....2 of my friends have been asking me to organize/arrange trip to India as I had done for WC05...I am always skeptical of hygiene/temperature in India and also the stadium is so small, now I probably give it a pass, but then depending on where the next WC is held, could be the last time to see TH, LCW, PG or even LD in action...hymm...

11. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

A bit off topic-Hmm..

:p...hehe, good thing there's BC and taneepak to give you a heads up, eh??..;)
    I haven't been to India, myself, but from i've heard from a couple of friends (both of whom have only lived in western type countries) who've been there and are currently there, what they told me confirms what taneepak wrote..:p..Hygiene, cleanliness-wise, they all told me "Please pray for our health and that we can get accustomed to the way of life here"..:p

I've been to Indonesia before, is India of the same type of environment also??(anyone who has been to both wants to comment)??..

Going back and in relation to LCW & the upcoming WC in India, as mentioned a few times in the other threads (India Open GP sub-forum), i hope the players (esp. those from the Northern regions of the latitude) will take care of themselves before/during their stay.

*OneToughBirdie, next yr's WC will be held in Paris. 2011 will be in London. If you want a BC get-together, plan for next yr Thomas & Uber Cups in your home country. I heard there will be a big BC get-together..:cool:

#1511 ctjcad, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  12. Amin Khalili

Amin Khalili Regular Member

Student
    So in BC cant make some stupid joke ... Damn I must stop my 'tabiat'

13. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    We are going back to MAS in 2010 for 3 weeks, might as well time to coincide with TC/UC (thanks for the tip)...with the best player playing the other side's best player, that would be exciting. Paris and/or London might do, my friends are ever-ready and wallet-ready as well, you are talking about diehard spectator sport fans (both baddy, soccer and ice hockey) here, this fellow friend of mine actually paid big bucks for playoff hockey here back when our Flames hockey team played in the final of Stanley Cup and flew to London to watch soccer...I got free entry to 2 separate box seats (I have 2 separate clients) for ice hockey but pass it up, instead I would fly-pay-watch WC05 for 7-day and eating over-priced burger in a stadium from morning till night...oh lordy, what the heck am I doing...Hahaha!!!LOL!!:p:D

14. Amin Khalili

Student
    HAHAHAHA ... OKOKOKOK .... I really must use to BC first before friend with BCer ...

15. Amin Khalili

Student
    Ouh ..thx about this information ..... Guess must speak like Uncle Loh (refer koo fan) from now on ...

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

The lad cant win it at his peak in 2008, he aint gonna win it on his way down in 2012.

Lets be realistic, shall we? ;)

17. JennyHo

JennyHo New Member

student
    You have got to be positive and have confidence!

Considering the fitness of Lee Chong Wei, I have faith that he will do us Malaysian proud in the next Olympics in London. Hopefully he can have a rematch with Lin Dan again in the next Olympics.

Malaysia boleh!!!

18. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    You are too optimistic in this case.

It's good for mas player ti have such fan like you. But be more realistic lah....

19. Zabee

Zabee Regular Member

Music Related
    do you see any potentional in the current back players ?

20. Amin Khalili

Student
    good question ........................