Lee Chong Wei Lost >___< T__T

Discussion in 'Olympics BEIJING 2008' started by sirjoe1, Aug 17, 2008.

1. bad_fanatic

bad_fanatic Regular Member

Day dream about being a Pro Badminton Player
    I think LCW did a great job. I think in badminton, winning the silver is the worst feeling the three medals. The reason is, you have to win to get bronze or gold. But you lose to get silver.

But I'll take that silver if LCW doesn't want it.

LCW is under as much pressure as Lin Dan. He's like the first Malaysian Men's Singles that stands a chance to win the gold. Plus he's beaten Lin Dan in the 2 previous encounters. People just expect him to deliver, so the pressure is immense. Over I think he did more then excellent.

2. yen_saw

yen_saw Regular Member

Engineer
    Yeah LCW made it to the final, at least it is not an all chinese MS final it which would have been a boring final. LD has been playing well through out the entire tournament beating everyone in straigth set, so an out of form LCW losing in the final can't blame anything. We just hope he has given his best in this sport.

3. hyun007

hyun007 Regular Member

To me, Lin Dan, Lee Chong Wei and Lee Hyun Il were about the same category.

In this final, I have to say Lin Dan is at his best and push himself at least a few levels above those 2. I have not seen him as speedy as this olympics for quite some time. You can see Lin Dan really wanted it so badly and giving 101% from the first point till the end with that incredible burst of speed and anticipation.

LCW was totally outpace. Although LCW did made some unncessasry unforced errors but Lin Dan did squeeze more errors out of LCW. I think LCW were caught out in surprise of the speedy pace by LD and at lost on how to play against him. Just look at LCW's face, very dead, shock and can not find an answer.

Anyway, I was one of those predicting LCW to win, but the final, I have to say LD does make LCW looks like an amateur. I am eating humble pie now. Congratulation to LD.

4. Badmintan

Badmintan Regular Member

Lin Dan Sleepless before the game

Actually according to this article and others, Lin Dan was kinda nervous and didn't sleep well, worried about how to beat Lee Chong Wei.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=olymp/news/news.aspx?id=4173060

http://thestar.com.my/sports/story.asp?file=/2008/8/18/olympics/22112564&sec=Olympics

Surpringsly he played an almost perfect game and have greater speed.
    I guess he turn to drugs...so that he can move so fast. But hey, it's legal the drug he took was natural....adrenalin rush from lack of sleep.:)

5. taufik-ist

taufik-ist Regular Member

it administrator
    lee cong wei couldn't beat 'himself'...

btw

congratz to Lindan

6. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Lin Dan had Mao Zedong as his talisman whereas Lee Chong Wei had only "Malaysia Boleh" to cheer him on. No wonder the match of he century was so one-sided.

7. markham player

markham player Regular Member

medical
    To me, LCW looked like an "orphan" in the MS finals whereas LD was cheered & supported by so many thousands of fans inside the stadium, no wonder LCW was "losted" & didn't know what to do next & do nothing, i.e. home turf advantage.

8. suehuei

suehuei New Member

student
    Tsk tsk

you too underestimate our player.
    well yes Lee may not have won any major tournaments before, but the fact that he once won against Lin Dan told him nothing is impossible.

We have faith in him just like you did in Lin Dan.
    Lin Dan may have all the factors he needed to win, but Lee Chong Wei has also made himself worthy to get the 2nd seeded title. Why do you think nobody has taken that title then?

You words are harsh Im afraid so.
    We still very much proud of our hero who earn us the Silver in Olympic.

Remember Lin Dan was trashed by Susilo last Olympic, which is not even near quarterfinals. =D

They are just enjoying games on the court and putting in effort to make the impossibilities come true, isnt it.

-huei-

9. sirjoe1

sirjoe1 Regular Member

-
    well lets face the facts shall we.. LCW lost.. and Lin Dan was superb =P

current ratio of winnings WINNING RATIO - (Chong Wei LEE) 3: 8 (Dan LIN)

10. suehuei

suehuei New Member

student
    Yes Lin Dan deserves the Gold this year =D

11. zspeed

zspeed Regular Member

Well LCW did something that havenot been done for a long time ie to get 90% of Mal to stay glued to the idiot box for 1 hour even a by election campaign had to take a back seat :D THANK YOU LCW

12. venkatesh

venkatesh Regular Member

editor
    It all boiled down to who wanted the gold medal the most. Obviously, it was Lin Dan. Lee Chong Wei lacked aggressiveness, perhaps because he's more of a stamina player, where longer rallies suit him better. But with the new scoring system, the match favored Lin Dan more.
    I'm disappointed because I expected a longer match.
    Well, Lin Dan was on a roll that night.
    CONGRATS!!!

13. pralinescream

pralinescream Regular Member

yea, considering everythg lee c w must be congratulated.

1) he was truly played by li yongbo n lin dan.
    as i mentioned b4 last time, lin dan purposely lost to lee c w in thomas cup to lure him into trap, thinking dat he is actually close level wt lin dan and got chance.
    summore evryone (except the smart ones) think dat lee c w is able to beat lin dan. so this put great pressure.

now lee c w and his clown coach, misbun and also malaysian ppl fall easily into trap. like rat into mouse trap.

2) lee c w managed to bcum world no2 and 2nd seed in olympic, so he richly deserve his silver medal.
    - considering lee c w is lacking skills, brains and high quality team-mates to spar and also a mediocre coach who never won anythg significant in his life.

he did his best and we must b happy for lee c w for getting Silver.

C W Boleh!

14. DivingBirdie

DivingBirdie Regular Member

student
    LD maintained an unimaginably fast pace throughout the match...and he refused to be absorbed into Lee's game. LD always took initiative and launched merciless attacks. In short LD did great. And he showcased his supreme physical attributes too...

at least that's how i see it...i agree that LD should receive credit for handling pressure perfectly..

15. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    1) If LD is so far ahead of LCW, why the need to trap him? Just demolish him every single time.

2) Yes, we are happy for him. He was miserable in the final, but his silver was won beating high-quality opponents.

16. giant

giant Regular Member

student
    this time final LD vs LCW is the match i expected to watch..but the performance of LCW is not as wat i expected...GOD..too much pressure make him give so many points to oppponent..anyway he stil the best..

17. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Pemuda you didn't tell us you have a twin brother!! ;)

18. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

yeah, how dare he didnt tell us about his twin brother???:D:D

19. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I thought his twin is "adumrep". :D:D:D

20. DaveC

DaveC Regular Member

IT manager, Lifetime Badminton Player
    Hey everyone, all the comments given here is Great!.

Whatever we all have to say, the facts remain that LD did win by playing a class above LCW.
    I never was a fan of LD but we can see that he outclass LCW to win the Gold.
    When he reach 20points, the classic thing he did was to turn and wave to his home crowds to reserve their cheers for the next point. He knows that he is going to force his next point with a smash to seal the Gold.

What I can say for LCW is he have already done his best, reaching the final was an extra ordainary feat. But LD was performance was way beyond his own achivement.

LD was top form and even if other players were to meet him in this final, I would say that they will be trashed the same way LD trash LCW. I saw LD play Sony during the World Championship, and Sony manage to match LD at times in both sets but finally lost the game to LD. The way LCW win Sony with straight sets in the semis, Most of think that LCW would give LD a tough fight in the final. But LD prove to everyone he is better than we expected.

We Malaysian are Proud of LCW's achivement, and our hats off to LD for showing us what is World Class badminton.