Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大 ) / Yoo Yeon Seong ( 유연성 / 杻延星)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by event, Sep 12, 2013.

1. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong will be playing next week in Japan Open super series followed by Korea Open super series. Just wonder what medal they will get. Gold, silver or bronze orbit could even be no medals at all. Lets just wait and see.

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

There is no bronze medal for superseries i think.

3. indrg

indrg Regular Member

There is no rule that every single tournament must give medals. SS gives out 1st and 2nd winners the prized money/bug check and souvenirs like flower, cute stuffed toy or plaque.

Only World Championship, All England and BWF SuperSeries give out medals?

4. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Lee Yong Dae hell bent on becoming world champion.

The star newspaper

12th August, 2015

JAKARTA: Lee Yong-dae is fed-up of never being a world champion.

To date, the South Korean has three silvers and one bronze in the men’s doubles at the World Championships. He also has a bronze in the mixed doubles.

Yong-dae is more successful in the mixed doubles though, having won an Olympic gold in Beijing in 2008.

The 26-year-old is now eager to break his jinx with Yoo Yeon-seong at the ongoing World Championships at the Istora Senayan.

And he believes it’s his lucky year.

“Yeon-seong and I did not have the luck to win it in Copenhagen last year. In the past, I didn’t mind not being the champion.

“Now, I want it badly ... that’s why you see that I am very serious on court,” said the two-time All-England champion.

“Yeon-seong and I have prepared very hard for these championships. The competition is very close now, but I want to win the world title this year and the Olympic Games next year. Then, it will be complete for me,” added Yong-dae.

5. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The articles above are taken from the star newspaper publication. Serious things to note is that Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong are going all out and have practiced very hard right before the tournament even begin to win the gold medals. However, it was a dream not to be when both only won the bronze medals. To add salt to the wound, both didn't even enter the finals this year compared to last year 2014 WC whereby they have entered the finals and won the silver medals. Korea MD performance in last year 2014 was extremely good with Ko Sung Hyun / Shin Baek Cheol winning the gold medals, Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong the silver medal and Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang the bronze medals.

However, sad to say this year Korea MD performance in the WC is extremely poor compared to last year 2014 performance. The defending champion in year 2014 lost to Goh V Shem / Tan Wee Kiong in an embarrassing manner in the second round thus dashing their hope to win the gold medals. Then Kim Gi Jung / Kim Sa Rang also lost in the second round. Hopes are high on Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong to bring back the much needed gold medal after both their team mates lose in the second round. However, once again it was a wish not to be when the world ranked no 1 player lost in the semifinals.

As a conclusion, I have to be honest and frank to admit that Korean MD is definitely on the decline and Korea can no longer proclaim that they are the powerhouse in MD anymore. Therefore something must be done seriously to solve this issue but till now I don't see much changes. Perhaps changes in the BKA management and also changes of coaches in the BKA may help. Korea certainly need the service of a good coach like Park Joo Bong to improve but then sad to say he is not coming back to help Korea. That is the sad scenario in Korea now.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Re your article,... so, is this supposed to be sly sarcasm or what? The WC is already come and gone a month ago, and we all know that it was not his lucky day... ;)

7. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry and no offense here. I just put this article here to explain why they are not able to win the gold medal in WC this year. It is certainly not a sarcasm. No point of being sarcastic at this moment. Just to explain about their erratic form this year. Anyway on the brighter side, both will be participating in the Japan and Korea Open so I myself is eager to see how well they will perform this time. No worries. Cheer up. Smile.

8. blabl

blabl Regular Member

On the brighter side of the day, I have read an article about Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong expectations for this coming Japan and Korea Open. Both mentioned that they have already put aside and forget their poor performance in this year 2015 WC and both also promised that they will bounce back with a better performance in Japan / Korea open. Both admitted now they are working hard and training very hard to win the gold medals in Japan and Korea Open. Both also believe that they still have what it takes to win the gold medals in super series tournaments and Olympics 2016 next year as both at are ranked No 1. The article is not written in English hence I didn't post the article here.

9. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    If both are able to constantly change their strategy during play, no one will be able to take them. Their current game plan have been sturdy in detail and counter many times. This is not entirely their fault. Every player will conform to a playing style or pattern, if you would like to term it, that is comfortable to him/her and easily understood by his/her partner.

To change now and start something new will cause confusion and have happen before to them. It takes many different opponents/practice method to train for and time is not on their side and a luxury with back to back tournament, training, etc.

10. EvoCopter

EvoCopter Regular Member

Technical Manager
    On the matter why Park Joo Bong is not returning to Korea to undertake coaching, "we" know why but protocol dictates that this should not be discuss openly in any forum. He did coach for a time and never look back after that. Will he be able to turn thing around immediately?, Perhaps. However, a high percentage of success is dependent on the player on court that day.

11. indrg

indrg Regular Member

If the price is right, KBA can get PJB service. Koreans are known to be patriotic, never die attitude. I am sure PJB is long to come back and become the man head coach of Koreans national team.

12. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    I'm too young to have watched PJB play, but I've seen a lot of his stuff (training, tv and matches) recently and he seems like a very nice and knowledgeable guy. I'd love to see him back in Korea to revitalise the MD and the whole set up.

13. indrg

indrg Regular Member

PJB & KMS was the king of Korean MD. They lost to INA's Tony Gunawan/Ricky Subagja. They never lost to the chinese esp. LYB/TBY at the 80/90?

I watched Korean Variety show where PJB/THW played LYD/YYS and they were very good. The game took a 3 set for LYD/YYS to beat them.

14. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
    Yeah I watched that one with LYD and YYS. Absolute class.

15. indrg

indrg Regular Member

16. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    who feels that Lyd / jjs was better than lyd/yys

17. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I wouldn't compare. The play styles for both pairs aren't very alike.

18. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    what i meant was not results but like their Matches. I feel i enjoyed JJS matches more than YYS .but ya maybe i should not compare

19. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    I also enjoyed JJS matches more but there are two things to note. LYD was better than he is now imo. He was faster, more consistent, more powerful and anticipated better at the net. He was far more creative and confident than he is now.

The competition today is also arguably more challenging for LYD (no necessarily better) as they have certainly learnt how he plays and many are equally good in fast flat play.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

There style of play is the same for both lee yong dae / too Yeon seong hence the whole world can already predict their style of play thus making it difficult for them to win now.