Lee Yong Dae ( 이용대 / 李龍大 ) / Yoo Yeon Seong ( 유연성 / 杻延星)

Discussion in 'Korea Professional Players' started by event, Sep 12, 2013.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I thought Yoo is sponsor by Victor ?

2. junclot

junclot Regular Member

yys is better than ko in below aspects that makes him a better partner to complement lyd's style of game
    1) 1st 3 shots in serve & return, superbly consistent, extremely rare to see yys/lyd having unforced error as compared to to ko or kim/kim
    2) defence
    like lyd, yys can return some of the smashes that seem doomed and dusted, esp those that at around the body area, not so for ko...
    3) net play & kill, needless to say, yys is more consistent

PS: i also notice recently lyd likes to take the rear court and smash instead of actively looking to be at the front, in a lot of situations where actually both yys and lyd can take the rear and smash....lol not sure why is lyd so confident of his own smashes

3. junclot

junclot Regular Member

lol dont u find JS YYS extremely similar to ar FB in color & design? or isit just me

4. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    It's just you. That colour has been used by victor on other items like shoes and clothing for some time.

5. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Matches perfectly with those shoes, was it the 9100's?

6. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    Yes, I'e not used mine for a year though.

7. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I believe Jetspeed YYS is that color due to Yoo like lime green and blue .

8. leejunlong999

leejunlong999 Regular Member

student
    ya.BS LYD was also lyd favourite color

9. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  10. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Found this on Yoo Yeon Seong FB so I have decided to post it here.

새벽 3시에 깨서 시차적응 못 하고..국수 한사발...맛있다~~~ㅎ

深夜3時に目が覚め時差適応できず…麺を一杯…おいしい~~~笑

12189755_525109227655956_2334429899888998427_n.jpg

11. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Found this too so I have translated it first before posting them here.

CLASS ACT

Lee Yong Dae (left) and Yoo Yeon Seong have a stranglehold on Men’s Doubles at the moment.

Since the resumption of the MetLife BWF World Superseries last month, the Koreans have reeled off a stunning series of victories in Japan, Korea, Denmark and now France.

In the celebratory aftermath of yesterday’s triumph at the Yonex French Open 2015, the athletic and energetic duo admitted even they are amazed at this run of success – but quickly added they don’t want it to stop.

So other Men’s Doubles pairs, beware – Lee and Yoo are gunning for more glory!

12. event

event Regular Member

blabl please choose what you post in this forum. You have just posted the entire text of an announcement about a scholarship for overseas study for players retiring in 2015, which Lee and Yoo aren't. Then you have every single detail about the Korean contingent for the World Juniors, kids 10 years younger than Lee Yong Dae. 100% irrelevant.

13. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Sorry I understand what you are trying to say. I just found these two excerpts or news from Yoo Yeon Seong FB hence I just posted it here. Sorry if there is any confusion caused.

14. visor

visor Regular Member

This is so fast and furious that I almost forgot to breathe throughout the 5 min video...

[video=youtube;rRvWVVJl7LA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRvWVVJl7LA[/video]

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Initially I was debating whether I should wrote or pen down anything here or not but finally decided to do so.

First of all to be honest I am extremely disappointed with their performance yesterday. To be honest sometimes we all felt as if he has been doing too much for Korea. All this while in Korea it is like the pressure has always fall on their shoulder to being back the much coveted gold medals in tournaments. It is like MD is like Korea only hope to win the gold medals.

Bur we all know it is never easy. To be honest Lee Yong Dae / Yoo Yeon Seong didn't play well at all. Imagine it how many times I saw Lee Yong Dae kept hitting the shuttle to the net to my outmost dismal. Then the worse part of all is Lee Yong Dae also kept sending the shuttle out of the court. Ivalso felt that both the Koreans played under so much pressure yesterday and both also didn't play to their level best. Both seems nervous most of the time.

I felt that both are just not in the right mode to play yesterday. Imagine both the Korean MD lost to the Russian MD yesterday. Who would have thought of this? Definitely not me. Imagine a world ranked no 1 player lost to Russian MD? Definitely an extremely poor performance.

But then of course I am extremely sad to see them lose. I am not here to give them any excuses. I know a lot of their fans will surely be extremely sad to see them lose to the Russian MD yesterday. But then both of them are just humans and it will be very difficult for them to win their matches all the time. It is never easy but both succumbed to pressure and lost yesterday.

To be honest I felt so sad to see both of them lost yesterday that I cried. I know how disappointed his fans would have felt. However here I am pleading to all his fans to give them time to stage a better fight and make a strong come back before Rio Olympics 2016.

I sincerely hope and pray that both can do a better job in their next coming tournaments.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

I hope that both of them will be able to win more gold medals in tournaments.

#536 blabl, Mar 12, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  17. pjswift

pjswift Regular Member

LYD gets nervous under pressure, hence the net hitting errors, especially during closing stage. If he wants to win an Olympic gold, he has to train with a first class mental coach to help him stay calm and focused.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

You are right here. Lee Yong Dae needs to learn to be calm. If not it is going to be so difficult for both of them to win in future tournaments.

19. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    Yeah it was not the best performance from LYD and YYS. The main problem in my view was that they did not work hard enough to keeping the shuttle low. They are very good at flat play but kept having to lift and because the Russians had a strong and steep attack, it was quite difficult for the koreans to deal with given their deep stance.

But to keep their flat play going, they needed be faster with better quality shots. LYD was just too predictable at the back and had no really sting. Also their attack wasn't quite up to scratch. YYS didn't seem to be able to smash at full power as he usually does.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

A recent and entertaining exhibition match between Lee/Yoo and Kimx2 from a great angle. The usual incredible defence, with behind back, no look, double action fake shots etc galore. :)

blabl likes this.