Left Rotator Cuff Tendonitis, Play with Right Arm?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by BirdieDrop, Oct 9, 2019.

1. BirdieDrop

BirdieDrop New Member

I was recently diagnosed with left rotator cuff tendonitis. I saw a physiotherapist and she says I will need ultrasound therapy. At the appointment I forgot to ask her whether it is ok for me to play badminton. I'm right handed so I will be using my right side to play badminton. My question is whether it's all right to play badminton using my right arm while my left shoulder is injured? Have you ever been in this situation? Is it ok to continue to play on your good arm? Thanks in advance for your response!

2. wjsutanto

wjsutanto New Member

Professional Employee
    Hi mate, I'm also right handed and seems to have the same problem with you with my left rotator. I never got it checked to the doctor, and i can play just fine as it doesn't affect my play that much. However, my left rotator always feels hurt a little after playing for 3-4 games. Perhaps even though i use my left arm for balancing only, the tear on the tendon act up a little too.

But this is just my personal experience and I don't know how severe your injury is. I suggest you call your physio again and ask her to be safe and sure.

Cheers.

3. ralphz

ralphz Regular Member

you need to ask yourself certain questions to do some really basic troubleshooting.

Bearing in mind that you are right handed.

does your left rotator cuff ever feel worse after badminton?

do you have any idea what might have caused your left rotator cuff issue?

do you have any ideas what exasperates it?

Think about what positions your left arm being in causes you pain. Does badminton involve it being in any of those positions?