Li Ning comparable to Yonex Duora 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Rampax, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Rampax

Rampax Regular Member

So as the title says, I'm looking for a LN comparable to the Duo10.

I really like the feel of the Duo10 for my style, but the thing that annoys me is the whole 2 sided system they have going on. Nothing like missing the bird because you didn't adjust your swing speed when you accidentally switched sides...yeah, I flip my racket a lot.

Anyways, since LN is having a fire sale in my country right now, I figured that I would not abuse my wallet so hard especially since I don't "need" a new racket right now. Unfortunately I don't have a local store to go to to get a feel/dry swing of their rackets, so I need some opinions. I'm leaning towards the N7II based purely on the spec sheets. For anyone with experience with both the Duo10 and LN, what do you think is a good LN equivalent to the Duo10?

2. Jx_G

Jx_G Regular Member

In ArcSaber 10 age, LN N502 (N50II) is considered as a cheap version of A10 in China (it had a huge discount). As Duo10 is a replacement of A10, I think N502 may be similar.
    Since I am currently in UK these years, I have no experience on new LN rackets, so I do not know whether there is something more similar. I also do not know whether N502 is still available in your country, but I can confirm that it is not discontinued.
    The current sale in your country may caused by the re-organization of LN racket series, in the future LN's racket will be classified into different series by feature and technology like Yonex instead of simply named after 'N'.
    Also, LN is softer than other brand, so you should take this feature into consideration when comparing the spec.

3. dave010

dave010 Regular Member

I have both D10 and N7ii and no, the LN is far softer and different in feel. I don't think there is any LN racquet similar to D10.

4. Rampax

Rampax Regular Member

Yeah, I know that this sale might be because of LN restructuring their rackets. But since the only difference is only going to be a "N7II" or "70" printed on the racket, might as well take advantage.

I was worried about the softer feel of LNs so I might look into the N50II. But if I'm looking at full price, I might just consider a D8XP which I also happen to like very much. But then again, that 2 sided thing.... Maybe an Arc11

5. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    8XP is a phenomenal racket but a lot different than d10 in stiffness. Make sure you're prepared for it.

I'd actually recommend it over the arc11 personally.

Joannes likes this.
  6. Rampax

Rampax Regular Member

I didn't find the 8XP much stiffer than the D10. But to be fair, I only had like 15mins with it and the guy said it was strung BG80 at 35lbs (didn't feel like 35 either; more like 25 lol but he wouldn't have any of it). With the D10 I at least had a couple of games with it (BG65, 26lbs). Despite its popularity, I have never tried the Arc11. Actually I don't think I've ever used and Arc anything.

Unfortunately not many LN rackets around so I don't get to borrow/try.... I own a N90I and many people don't even recognize it, so I'm often looking at spec sheets instead of going off feel

7. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Yeah the repulsion from the 8xp frame is so good, it's really hard to judge it in that low of time. I wouldn't have noticed either had I not looked for it specifically and compared with DZS back to back. Not as much but up there for me. Lol at the 35lbs thing. It's always funny for me as well when people claim it in front of me since I actually play at 34. Their reactions when they struggle are just priceless.

IMO sides don't make much difference to timing. Personally never noticed even a decent increase in speed. It is noticeable but so low that it makes no difference to me. All the duora series that is.

8. Rampax

Rampax Regular Member

Yep, this guy is all about showing off. He claims to string all his rackets at 29lbs. None of them feel even close. You can even feel the softness when you press on the string bed with your fingers. But he denies this and snaps back by saying you don't know anything because the stringer is none other than...himself. To give you an idea, I was able to smash in non game situations with a "freshly strung" 35lbs 8XP almost as fast as my N90I with 2 month old no. 5 at 27lbs. Lets just say that 27lbs was already a bit too much and I'm going back down once they break.

Hmmm the fact that you don't feel much difference in the duora sides is interesting. I've only owned a few older rackets (MP21 as a beginner, AT250, MP99, and N90I) so I guess I notice differences in frame aerodynamics much more. But that being said, I've tried a few rackets in between generations whenever I can just to see what the fuss is all about and haven't been too impressed until testing some of the "newer" rackets (like 2016 and beyond). But I've also improved considerably over the last year and I can actually feel the difference between the weight, stiffness, strings, etc. can have on your game.

People on here seem to be raving about the N9II. But I'm a bit worried about the flexi racket. Haven't used one since a beginner.

9. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Not just me, all the state players that get allocated some (d10) and others also agree tbh. I notice more difference in feel than speed.

88s is worth looking into. I consider it the perfect racket (proof being I got one back after selling and have kept it for more than two weeks) and while that most likely won't be the case with others, it's always nice to have "on the list".

10. Rampax

Rampax Regular Member

Hmmm I've tried both AS88 and while they're good rackets, there just seem to be something missing for me on both rackets. The power is there for both but I can get similar results with other rackets. They have good control both at the net and the back but I've used better control rackets. And while I don't really like the feel of the 88s overall, I found the 88d to be a nice balance of weight and flex. But again, I think both rackets are good all rounders, but just that little bit off for me that I don't want to commit to them. But then again, there are people at my clubs that really up their game with these rackets so maybe I'm the one missing something lol.

11. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    Like?

12. Rampax

Rampax Regular Member

All older rackets. My MP99, the NS9900 and BS10 are all good control imo. But the thing with these rackets is that I get much less power with them than the AS88. Lets be fair though, I've only tried the AS88 and haven't had much time to really bond with them.