Li ning n7 ii review? has anyone tried it?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by DaiLo, Feb 21, 2017.

1. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Hx800 - the so called hollow feeling is real

2. regularAl

regularAl New Member

Will try N7II today or next week. Currently playing with Apacs VP (with 24 lbs aerosonic). Only MD and XD, more of a control player. Will let you know the impression(s).

3. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    I didnt feel much power at all from smashing with Yonex Arcsaber 11 compared to my Li Ning N7ii Setiawan Edition. Then again, its the Setiawan signature. I never hit with N7II original but I have hit with N7 1st gen. Arc 11 is easier to get a good smash than N7 1st gen and N7ii Setiawan. Its just the smashes, when done right on the 2 N7 variants, is alot more powerful than Arcsaber 11.

4. 7un4tran

7un4tran Regular Member

Mechanical Drafter
    Sorry for late answer. N7 1st gen is less aerodynamic and more unforgiving in the delivery of the smash. It IS however easier to control and do great touch shots. You need to be super relaxed for the smash to be at full benefit. "Less is more" like coach Paul Stewart would say, would be the best discription. I have the N7II Setiawan edition and I dont know if the original is any different since I never hit with it. But the N7II Setiawan is definitely easier to smash and backhand clear with. Its ever so slightly more flexible and around the same head heaviness. Roughly 302mm with only base grip for both rackets. However N7II Setiawan feels like the weight in the head is around 3 to 9 o clock area of the racket head while the N7 1st gen is around the T Joint. Hope this helps

5. Spawny

Spawny Regular Member

Once I finish my session today I will give a brief review on the racket as I just only purchase it recently, please standby

6. Spawny

Spawny Regular Member

After spending 2 session with the Li Ning N7ii (Setiawan), I can now provide a brief review on the weapon.
    This could be the stiffest racket that i tried from Li Ning, I can definitely feel it during stroking and it's definitely stiffer than my N9ii.

Control
    Probably where this racket excels, because of the stiffness it's easier to place the ball on the court and net play is quite good with N7ii

Attacking
    Lesser than the N9ii, but if you have a good swing you can really smash well with this racket as with any other racket. There is weight on the head which helps during smashing but I can't tell if its more HH than the N9ii.

Defense
    Racket is quick in defense, but require a little more wrist power compare to the N9ii as the stiffness doesn't let you drive the shuttle way back unless you generate a little more force from your wrist.

Overall summary I would summarize about the racket, if you prefer a stiff racket from Yonex and would like to try a Li Ning racket than I would recommend this over the N9ii. I feel that that the N7ii will also suit players that plays in front of the net a lot rather than back court, at back court I would recommend the N9ii instead as the flexible shaft will allow you to smash harder and doesn't wear your arms as much as a stiffer shaft.

In short I'm quite satisfy with the racket and my initial thought that the N7ii will be similar to the N9ii but its definitely feels like a different racket

Peace out

Junye and dtjovan like this.