Li-Ning N9II 3U

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Morgan.koens, Feb 25, 2017.

1. swsh

swsh Regular Member

Student
    4. Same impression with a N99 as well. I was comparing a bone stock n90 against his. Comparing my taped up setup with his is moot because then I don't have the correct impression of the subject at hand.

5. I don't think it is however I can't counter it back with irrefutable photographic evidence because I sold it.

6. True. Youtube compression is indeed terrible but you still get a rough idea by going frame by frame.

You posted a (seems like a stick smash?) smash still while if you read back on my reply I said and quote "on some shots". Why wouldn't it flex on smashes with that much tape on top?

2. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    If the rumours are true Li-ning did the N90 according to Lin Dans love for the AT700. I don't see a reason why a brand should manufacture different rackets. IMO it is a sorting out process in the QC. I agree that some LN rackets a quite flexible

In the past we had for Victor the Brave Sword 10 which came in 4 of 5 and in 5 of 5 in terms of stiffness for different regions. So your theory of producing the same racket with a stiffer shaft was also seen in a commercial model in 2010. Easiest way would be to add a longer handle on the pro rackets and indeed some pro's have G6 rackets which are not available. Due the large variance in Victor rackets we got an impression that alot off spec rackets find their way into the market. Especially BS9 and BS12 were such rackets which also turned heavier or lighter or stiffer or more flexible. Also the BS12 was as 2U availble. IMO these rackets are not customs. They are preselected/sort out and this is what I believe. What happen at Victor can/could also happen at Yonex or Li-ning, but handled different.

Never the less the argument that pros go always for stiff and heavy is not true or they all must use repaints. If I remember the Arc8DX or the BS10 or MX80 or the current DuoZS, they weren't often used by the pros and I think the reason was not to fool anybody, they decided that way.

On a logical aspect I have seen a bunch of broken rackets in the stringing booth at YGO who belong to a danish and a thai player. Winners often throw their rackets into the crowd. They don't have a magic bag and even with UPS they can't get spares during the tour. I think the supplies are difficult to master during the tour. I think the customisation is just up to a small degree instead of total different ones.

s_mair and swsh like this.
  3. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Just saw Paul posted a review of this racket.

http://badminton-coach.co.uk/9529/li-ning-n9ii-badminton-racket-review/

The content is excellent as usual, but I was a bit surprised to see 4 stars, which is pretty good but considering how generous usually Paul's reviews are, it is kind of a let down.

The main criticism was directed more towards Li Ning's pricing and marketing strategy, which may differ from one country (or continent, in this matter), to another. For example, the lowest price for a new N9ii is around 160 USD in Indonesia, while an Arc11 (the main comparison in his review) can be found at 180 USD.

4. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

I'm sure many readers were confused about the 4 stars rating like I was, giving that the review was mostly positive but then ended up with a 4 stars . I don't mind a 4 stars rating if it deserves it, but it just lacks substance to back the rating, when every aspect seems to be good to excellent, and then all of a sudden the surprise ending .

I'm familiar with Paul's reviews as well, and I know he does consider the price in the rating, but the consistency of it is a let down, giving that quite a few expensive, but excellent, yonex racquets have gotten 5 stars in past reviews, and n9ii is nowhere near as expensive compare to those racquets.

Considering the racquet price in the rating is understandable, but a company's marketing strategy should never be a part of a product review as it has nothing to do with how good or bad a product is. Company review on the other hand...

#764 Konquerian, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  5. edogaktop

edogaktop Regular Member

Exactly my sentiment

6. Konquerian

Most doubles players at our local gym like to use 4u racquets, and have gotten used to it, developing their play style on that, so suddenly changing to or trying out a 3u racquet will feel completely awkward, heavy, and slow. It will take some time to get use to it before you can really feel the strengths of the n9ii or any 3u racquet for that matter, if you do decide to continue exploring with it.

7. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I have just been handed a N7 for review. I'll take into consideration previous comments when I finally get around to testing it and writing my review.

Thanks for your support guys, it's really appreciated. Hopefully, I can slowly change the way I do things and you're happy. It's hard writing for a global market when we are penalised so much on price and the specifications on offer. I wish I lived in Asia and then it would be so much easier.

Paul

lostLore and edogaktop like this.
  8. Rimano

Rimano Regular Member

Haven't you reviewed a N7... Do you mean N7 II.

Suggestion for ratings, maybe have two ratings. One for pure performance and one for value for money (related to UK or any source you happen to get it from).

This way people can make up their minds for value for money.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

edogaktop, llrr, dm40 and 1 other person like this.
  9. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Paul categorized the N9II as an even balanced racket ? I definitely feel mine to be head heavy, definitely more so than the Arc11.
    A few friends of mine who plays the Arc11 all mentioned how much "heavier" the head feels N9II vs Arc11. I also have a BS11 which is considered slight head heavy and the N9II def has more heft at the head.
    Whats the definition of head heavy these days ? Do I need to readjust my thots ?

10. Konquerian

From reading many reviews by Paul, I know that he is more use to head heavy and stiff racquets, and so it's understandable why he would categorize the n9ii as even balanced (it was a surprise to me also, but quickly understandable ). The specs of a racquet can only say so much about it, and the rest is subjective. I used to use a js10, and a mxjjs before that, before changing to my beloved n9ii, and I commented the n9ii playing similar to my js10, and not as head heavy as my other racquets, but in specs comparison they were completely different . Plus, I'm also use to head heavy racquets. So to clear up the air, the definition of head heavy hasn't change, but the feeling of a racquet in everybody's hand is unique, however the actual specs and physics are constant, of course .

11. kakashihatake

kakashihatake Regular Member

Just overall heavier to swing. But, because of it's weight, a lot like counter attack is much faster due to the bigger repulsive strength. Normal play can also benefit but to me, it really take a little more preparation to hit the ball be it attack or defense.

And at my level of competitive, changes of wrist work matters a lot, a slow down a bit means unable to cope with opponents play.

So I know exactly what racket can do when I wrote my review about n9ii. If u guys have a chance try the former n9 3u, it is just completely different even with the same weight.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

12. The 'Fe' Man

The 'Fe' Man Regular Member

Student
    I have 3 n9iis, 1 is the original colourway, 2nd is the green version, and 3rd is the gold version. And the original colourway has a bp of 294, green 295-296 and gold is at 298-299..... Damn it, it seems like even machines aren't perfect... It will be abit annoying at first when getting use to the different bp of the other 2 when the string of one snaps....

13. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

After using N9 for a while now i felt my old ZF is very very heavy and hard to generate any power frm it. Anyone face similar feeling? Nt sure if its because of diff type of racket, HH and balance racket. My arm is getting used to. Balance racket now. [​IMG]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

14. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

Just got my hand on to this N9II for 2 hrs session I'm speechless after my first smash (Boom) is been a while I had such a strong smash it absolutely killed. It said 3U racket but feels more like 4U with amazing power. Defence is so good I can almost block every smash if comes directly towards me, and for front is decent it can do nice drop and cross court shoot. In speed I would say is pretty fast but I agree js10 is abit faster but not by much. I'm just please how amazing Li Ning made such a good racket even is abit pricey but is well worth every penny and it's my first Li Ning racket and I was been with yonex and victor for my life so I figure it's time for a good changed also I was glad I made a good purchase

Attached Files:

#774 Deepclean1122, Feb 5, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  15. yukming

yukming New Member

I couldn't agree more.

Deepclean1122 likes this.
  16. Konquerian

Welcome to the dark side !

N9ii was my first li ning racquet also, and it amazed me when I first tried it on the court.

17. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Funny story. Latest club league match: All three MS players (me included) from our team were using N9II (and all three lost...:rolleyes:).

One year ago there were zero Li-Ning rackets in the whole club.

18. Konquerian

Wow, nice inspiration work at your club .

A year ago, I only have Yonex and Victor racquets in my bag, but now all the racquets in my bag are li ning .

19. Deepclean1122

Deepclean1122 Regular Member

Planning to sell all my others rac
    Li Ning has changed over the years and its getting more and more popular worldwide instead just in china. As we can see in the tournament only Chinese players getting sponsors from Li Ning only but now is multicultural. They really put effort on there product and back it up with warranty. I'm sure one day they will out pass yonex and victor. Now I feel like selling off all my yonex and victor racket and stick with Li Ning only lol that would be too big of change and I'm sure it will take times.

20. Thehoilord

Thehoilord Regular Member

Hello everyone im interesting in n9ii and n90iv can you compare this 2 racquet for me pls. Thankyou