Li Ning No. 1 String - Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Charlie-SWUK, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Its not 66um. Just the regular 66 hahaha

2. Charlie-SWUK

Charlie-SWUK Regular Member

N90 sycophant
    5 more days ;)

3. Ludwik

Ludwik Regular Member

Wow. Thats a really short life span. How long will LN 1 lasts?

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    fixed. :D:D:D

5. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Depends how picky you are. I can ruin a set in about 2-3 weeks.

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

That happened to me twice in my match last night - hit one so hard it got a round of applause but I kind of ruined it by looking straight at the racket:).

7. visor

visor Regular Member

I've tried both, but that prize goes to Gosen GT5.

8. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    I honestly never had any moments with No. 1 where I actually thought the sound was amazing. I actually have way nicer hitting sounds with BG85. GT5. I will know tomorrow. Shame No. 1 never grew on me. I thought it had potential. But the way it died off really sucked and completely knocked it out as a string I would ever consider using. Didn't seem to bed in very well for me either even after 2 months. Damn thing kept sliding when I hit full power. It wasn't ZM annoying but halfway there for sure. And I had it at 28/30lbs so that's no excuse.

visor likes this.
  9. WS_00

WS_00 Regular Member

Thanks for the inputs and i finally strung my js10 4u with LN1 @ 26lbs.
    it is really perform better than NBG98 in every aspects. (control, repulsion, slippery and etc)
    The sound.... OFMG i just love it!

10. WS_00

WS_00 Regular Member

Duplicate post

11. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

NBG98 @ 25.5lbs with a turbocharging N9. Planning to go up to 26lbs (or maybe 26.5lbs) with NBG98 but li-ning #1 seems tempting. Any recommendation on how high should i go for it to drop to 26 (or 26.5lbs) without my racket breaking in the early stage?

12. Charlie-SWUK

N90 sycophant
    Just try 26. 25-27 is hard to go wrong with on this string.

13. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

What are your thought's of LN1's durability relative to NBG98? As a previous comparison, I have been on NBG98 @ 31/29 (mains-cross). My current decision for my next string is between LN1, LN5, BG65Ti and BG80P. Personal preferences for repulsion and durability as skilled stringing here can be an issue, it would be nice if the string lasted longer between restrings (most stringers here use 2/4 point crank machines and typical tensions don't go north of 25-26 lbs).

Thanks for posting that string review chart by the way DinkAlot, it was really helpful for me as i'm new to badminton :D

14. eric213

eric213 Regular Member

Will do once my NBG98 are broken. Thanks!

15. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    I've been playing with the LN1 for a little while now, and I played with the BG80 again the other day same tension, and I still think I prefer the BG80. Can't beat that rough texture and the crispness off the racket for me.

16. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

May I ask what tension your using? I've seen annecdoctal evidence around here that Yonex strings play particularly well at high tensions (north of 31 lbs) ; conversely they seem to receive mixed reviews at low-average tensions.

Apparently, there might be an issue with string and batch quality too. Would you mind sharing what country code and color those strings you tested were?

For example, I have no idea why Li Ning #1 in yellow is recommended over the other colors, perhaps its down to the fact that the yellows are used primarily by the chinese national team so they have tighter manufacturing parameters though this is beyond conventional logic ...

#436 pepe54, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  17. decoy

decoy Regular Member

From what I've read on here about colours (this applies to grips too), in general lighter colours are better than darker. Which makes sense, darker colours would require more pigment to achieve the colours, where as lighter ones would be less, so you have less "stuff" on the string

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

visor likes this.
  18. Razor-BladE

Razor-BladE Regular Member

Personal Trainer
    Nothing too high! Just 12kg (~26.5lbs).
    I bought from MBS and I've actually received two different lots, some 'assembled in Singapore' which comes in a purple packet and others 'made in China' in a black packet (I haven't used these lot yet). I bought several different colours; yellow, white, pink, purple. Haven't paid too much attention to the colour tbh, but some have felt crisper than others, can't say which ones though... I'll be more aware with my last few packets and get back to you.

19. pepe54

pepe54 Regular Member

Cheers for sharing the info guys, much appreciated!

I was actually planning on purchasing some LN no.1 from MBS but now i'll be reconsidering - thanks for the deeper insight :D Was wondering why MBS's prices of LN strings were significantly lower than a quick look around, we seem to have stumbled upon the answer.

Any recommendation for a LN no.1 color besides yellow? MBS currently only stocks LN no.1 in white.

@RaZoR - Apparently the JP coded strings are purported to be the best, they sell for nearly double too ; however, I am really curious as to whether these JP strings are justified or not.

What put me off my own NBG 98 experience was the fact that it broke due to freying - am hoping for a better experience with BG 80P next as it uses a vectran core as opposed to the usual "high intensity polymer" stuff. The LN strings looked unique in that they are supposedly heat treated with a better weave pattern.

#439 pepe54, Sep 27, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  20. xeoreg

xeoreg Regular Member

I have been using these LN#1 strings for a while now @24lbs and they feel great, I've fully converted over from ZM62F/BG80P. My #1 strings are from MBS and they have always been in the purple colored packet for me, and they were always made in Singapore. This included several colors including blue, yellow, orange, red and pink. Bought different batches at different times and the new stock also have a different Li-Ning authenticity scratchy sticker. Local stores here (Sportchek) carry the black colored packets with the old authenticity scratchy sticker. The strore's own pricetag covers the manufacturer serial so I never noticed that those were made in China - thanks for pointing that out!

I have however never seen a purple colored #1 string, only seen it for #5.