Li-Ning outsole quality

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by DinB, Aug 1, 2019.

1. DinB

DinB New Member

Hi, I have been using Li-ning ranger speed (AYAN017) shoes for around 3 months. First impression is the grip of the shoes was very good, I would say it is one of the strongest point of the shoes. However, after a couple of months, the outsole wears off very quickly and the shoes unfortunately become very slippery.

For information, I weigh 70 kilos and play 2-3 times a week on average. I clean the outsoles with damp cloth every time when I return home. The outsoles of my other shoes, the Asics gel blade 6, which I also use for almost 6 months now is in a better condition.

So is it just me or Li-ning shoes have durability issues, especially in terms of outsoles? The "Bionic gloove grip" technology which Li-ning promotes felt really good at first, but seems like they don't really last that long at all.

upload_2019-8-1_12-19-43.png
    upload_2019-8-1_12-19-6.png

2. Okaharu

Okaharu Regular Member

Very well known issue with LN translucent outsole.
    LN have acknowledged the problem themselves and have been tweaking the formula after each gen.

Worn 1 Ranger and 2x Ranger 2.0 as my main shoes for the past 3 years and can attest there's the slightest improvement. Nothing worth noting tbh.

Haven't tried their latest 3.0 or 4.0 to know for the better.

DinB likes this.
  3. kurty

kurty Regular Member

ah long
    i just purchased a ranger 4..

yes, i too find li ning shoe having this slippery issue despite no worn or so.

i like their shoe as its wide and suitable for flat feet like myself but...
    before each game, i will clean the sole with soap and left to dry..
    however.. there's really no grip.. the sole kinda shine.. i guess harden?

i'm not sure if its the wooden flooring that we are playing but it seems, i'm the only one having this issue..
    can't stop well..

but my wife's li ning cloud, seems to be doing very good even after 2 years