Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

Yeah probably. I ordered my N9 from Malaysia and my N90iii from Thailand (still waiting for both to arrive) so you're right. No sign of it at all in GBR over here. No idea about the rest of the western world. If you guys REALLY want, I'll post up my thoughts if no one else has when I get to try mine

2. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Yeah, you are right. Basically the N9 and F9 are really similar, but the N9 weight is a little bit heavier. Something like between the F9 and C7 rackets.

Smashes with this thing is a beauty while drives and clears are crisp. One thing though, you need to get the timing right - in one game alone, I had four mishits in a row :rolleyes:

Sad to say that N9 is the closest thing to my fave F9 ATM, however my shoulder was very sore the next day due to the extra weight. Had to part ways with the racket.... Oh well.... :(

3. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

DSC03011.jpg I got my new rackets, just strung them but probably won't have time to do a review for awhile... I like the new paint jobs though, the N50-3 and N55-3 they mixed in sparkles on it lol....

#2123 Jasonvan, Jul 17, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2013
  4. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

How does the N50III compare to the N9 in terms of real-life specs? Is it more flex or stiffer?

5. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Wow.... 4 Lining rackets in one shot... Good to you ....
    I will patiently wait for your review then. :)

6. Boggieeiggob

Whoa nice! Saved me from doing any reviews ;D enjoy your racquets mate

7. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

You're very welcome to give us a review too ;)

8. Boggieeiggob

LOL no thank you, I'm very in-sensitive to most things now I use a training racquet. I only REALLY feel the flex now so whatever I think won't be much and it won't come accords very well either

9. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Just a quick initial thoughts on the rackets as I managed to get in about three and a half hours tonight... In terms of head heaviness it's N90-III, N9, N50-3 and N55-3... Now the difference between N9 and N55-3 is not that much though... In terms of power, I actually got the most out of the N55-3 and the least out of the N9... Now this is probably just personal preference and technique so just keep that in mind... I'll probably play again next week and see how it goes but this is what I come up with initially....

10. Accordaz

Accordaz Regular Member

N9 and N50-3 over N55-3 in Head Heaviness? :eek:
    Do you own a N90 for comparisons?

11. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

No I don't have a N90 currently so can't compare... The other three are actually very close to each other in terms of head heaviness, I was sorta constantly switching between the rackets as well but that's what I remembered...

12. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    I didn't actually get to play with his collection, but I agree with his results just swinging them around. Compared to the N90, the N90III feels very comparable and I really liked the way it felt in my hands. One thing to note though is that they completely beefed up the T joint so that there's next to no head flex upon a smash. It's similar to the N80 design and of the Carlton powerblade tour in that they have a pointy protruded edge rather than a blunt flat one. It also extends a little on the shaft. I didn't like the N80 because of this very reason in that it felt more like a rod rather than a catapult. From what I can tell, it seems like Li Ling pushed this N90III out for the masses and not so much for improvement. I can't see lin Dan sporting a racket that has his own tattoos in the design lol. It is by far much better than the N90II and will be the N90 replacement which I find to be incredibly hard to obtain the original. There are 3 versions of the N90 First Gen with only the very first being the best. I will make a thread outlining the differences in the 3 versions soon.

It does look really nice and I will probably pick one up just for kicks. Hard to find rackets that are head heavy, overall heavy and stiff now a days.

#2132 Optiblue, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
  13. DannyYan

DannyYan Regular Member

Human
    " Hard to find rackets that are head heavy, overall heavy and stiff now a days."[/QUOTE] what about vtzf?

14. decoy

decoy Regular Member

what about vtzf?[/QUOTE]
    I wouldn't call z-force overall heavy just based on the fact that it has a semi iso head. It felt quite light compared to say a. Voltric 80 which isn't really in the same class as the armortec 700 and such.

15. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

ZF is actually just as if not heavier than the VT80, but just doesn't compare to the N90. That thing is both head heavier and overall heavier, not as stiff though.

16. Optiblue

Optiblue Regular Member

I just show up
    That was the first true head heavy racket launched by yonex in a long time since the at700 and I own 3 of them. It's actually not crazy heavy but the most head heavy. Balance point is off the charts on that one. Swings faster and with more head heaviness to make up for overall weight. It's an interesting racket and I took to it fine. N90 is in its class all its own and for those that uses the At700 will know why. It literally has no equal to date as there's zero gimmicky technologies. Majority of players simply can't use heavy and head heavy which is why companies stopped making them. To have new rackets on the head heavy chart I'm at least thankful as I had to use at700 for many years.

17. demolidor

demolidor Regular Member

The Adidas McDonald racket [​IMG]. Forgot what it's called ... AdiPower Force? Though I have not seen it listed anywhere so far ...

18. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yep, adipower force is right. They're pretty careful with it though - apparently their inner circle testers haven't been so enthused by it :D Didn't even give us a version to test at the demoday -.-

19. Mike1337

Mike1337 Regular Member

20. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

Yes the N9 is flexible, actually the third gen LN's are generally on the flexible side of things... But the F9 also is a flexible racket and the same goes for the N50-II so that's not surprising at all...