Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. lk2009

lk2009 Regular Member

Communication
    Agree with Visor. It's impossible to be sure of anything for the racket. But without a doubt it's adidas shoes at LD 's feet. I even saw an enlarged picture of the sole, where you can guess the adidas logo on it.

A possibilty could be that Li-Ning US and Canada really aren't aware of wich racket Lin Dan uses !

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Today, Lin Dan plays using a racquet without a Li Ning logo. There is no way that racquet is a Li Ning racquet.

3. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

Posted at the same time as my previous post. The bolded part is entirely plausible.

4. kbase

kbase Regular Member

Even Lindan wears Adidas shoes ( or using their racket ), why Adidas or Lindan wants to do that by removing the logos as the main intention of sponsoring gets defeated here.

Also, assuming that Lindan is testing Adidas racket and shoes to be true, will the current sponsor Lining allow that to happen as they had invested huge money for the players.

Also if he moves to Adidas as assumed, have they got the line up of rackets like Lining or Yonex ?

So unless until it is official, we need to wait

5. visor

visor Regular Member

We're not speculating at all. We're patient. We can wait for the official announcement, which will eventually come.

Meanwhile, we just know from our own eyes that is an Adidas QF7 shoe that he's wearing. ;)

6. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

I think that's a very valid point about if the sponsorship by Adidas is in place already, then why delay announcement?

Sports contracts can have different conditions. For example, LD may have specified that he would only like an announcement after Thomas Cup. Why I speculate this? It's because this would be the last team tournament he has to enter and to keep team spirit, he wears LiNing uniform same as his team mates. (Li Ning being the team sponsor).

Secondly, I have heard through local rumours that Li Ning has no contract with LD now. I.e. expired.

Thirdly, if it is Adidas, they do have the range of racquets. They have other racquets in the pipeline not yet released. He has been testing a new racquet for a while now. So there has definitely been a preparation phase. It's not like he signs a new contract and only then he gets to use a new racquet. Whilst under Li Ning contract, you can definitely play with other racquets - just don't let the logo of another equipment company be seen on your body.

#4426 Cheung, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  7. lk2009

lk2009 Regular Member

Communication
    You were faster than me to answer Cheung ;-)

Totally agree with the third part. I already had some of this future adidas rackets in hands, and one of them particularly seems to fit to a player like LD (really close to an AT 700 or N90).

8. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

lucky you! I haven't been able to get my hands on new prototype samples. But I have heard LD has been testing a racquet similar to his old one - something that he wants.

9. lk2009

lk2009 Regular Member

Communication
    It's help to work in a Badminton shop ;) But I guess that this new rackets I had in hand wasn't the same as LD ones. I might be few months late on those !

10. kbase

kbase Regular Member

If Adidas has got good line up of rackets as mentioned and sponsoring Lindan as assumed, then it is all good news for Badminton Lovers. More the brand competition, more the good rackets we get and if Adidas aggresively marketing their products through players, then more global brands like Nike so on might follow the suit.

11. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    Why LD keeping it a big secret?

Any guess?

12. lk2009

lk2009 Regular Member

Communication
    As supposed by Cheung, I think he's not totally free from his engagements to the CBA and Li-Ning. The Thomas Cup in May (Team event) can also explain this.

13. visor

visor Regular Member

Cheung already mentioned a few possible reasons. To not clash with the team sponsor before Thomas cup.

14. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I don't know why LD not go with Mizuno? Their shoes are quite good.

15. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Sponsorship is about business; not about 'good'. :eek:

16. Tactim

Tactim Regular Member

Nurse
    I'm surprised no one mentioned the stenciling on Lin Dan's Racket in his quarter final match.

View attachment 158011

Since we have already talked about how he is moving sponsors, he's obviously testing out his all-black racket that's not Li Ning. When players don't have sponsors, they usually leave their strings without any stenciling. I think Lin Dan is about the only person who can get away with stenciling his own initials "LD" :rolleyes: and not look ridiculous.

17. lk2009

lk2009 Regular Member

Communication
    Yeah, seems like a good point to me too, I talked about it on post #4416 totaly agree with you

18. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    I guess Lin dan for racket and shoe is no longer sponsor by Li Ning . maybe other brand already . for clothing its still Li ning .

19. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

You can't exactly sponsor the clothes of a badminton athlete. The sponsors of companies are on it (i.e. Redbull, Maybank, Yonex/LiNing/Victor) but that's only if they contribute in any sense, you can't sponsor individual clothing pieces. Meaning LiNing is still contributing in one way or another (probably shoes).

#4439 Steve the noob, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  20. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

LD's Response on changing shoes and racket

http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2014-04-18/21287125477.shtml

LD: " I am still choosing, anyhow, I want to continue on. My agent already told me about the rumors and opinions on the Internet. The most important thing is that no matter what I choose, I will play hard."

Reporter: "So, are you waiting for a suitable contract?"

LD: "Not just a contract, my hope is for a good partner in the future. Not just what you read about the fees for being the spokesperson, I look even further down the road."