Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    no, usually if you ask Justin politely, he may translate a bit for u!!!

2. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

What if he scolds me back,then i have to ask you ???.....

3. Devendra

Devendra Regular Member

Student
    [MENTION=86374]Justin L[/MENTION] [MENTION=122561]Nine Tailed Fox[/MENTION]

I don't think we are seeing Lin Dan winning any time soon.

He has just given up on Badminton, he wants more to me a model cum celebrity cum entrepreneur. Badminton would need much more time, but above all, it will require focus. You don't win an Olympic if things like your future underwear brand, other commercial initiatives, changing your club, and possibly starting a modeling carrier are distracting you.

4. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    if he scolds you, i will scolds him. If he scolds me, i will scolds you. If you scold me, i will report this matter to kwun for resolution.

5. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Lin dan is following the foot step of David Beckham and Ronaldo .

6. Nine Tailed Fox

what if kwun scolds all of us....

7. Nine Tailed Fox

Even with modeling,Underwear Selling and loads of other off court activities,i think he can win China Open and Olympics.......You have to look at the draw of China Open and HKG open....in China Open,it's basically a free pass to SF unless he plays a whole new level of ****...A LCW clash in SF which i expect him to win......against CL,it is getting personal more and more and clash of ego....In HKG,he won't get pass QF........Destination Dubai,expect a Semi final result from him..........

All-England.....Things should get serious from here.......

In Olympics.....i really can't see anyone except CL beating him......the occasion is too big........Also,it's China against the world in medals tally...so,even more motivation for him and responsibility.....
    ...He knows what a third gold can do to his status and even to his Business......

But,don't expect any big trophies this year except China Open,,,,,,You know,in China,even at 30%...he is very difficult to beat

#6547 Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 28, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  8. Nine Tailed Fox

Two ultra flops entire their whole career.........

9. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    I researched your query and found that atleast 81 people have won 5 or more Asiad Golds. The badminton record of 5 is held by Christian Hadinata and the overall record of 14 is held by shooter Wang Yifu.

The total number is more than 81, because complete details are not listed for all countries in wikipedia. I only found athlete details for China, Korea, Japan, Malaysia, Iran, Sri Lanka and Indonesia through my initial search. If India, Taipei, Kazakhstan, Uzbekstan etc. details are found the final number might exceed 100.

10. Nine Tailed Fox

Thanks,In Men's Singles,it is held by Lin Dan.........

Also,Christian Hadinata played two events(MD and XD).....

#6550 Nine Tailed Fox, Oct 28, 2015
  11. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

according to
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Hadinata

Christian Hadinata has 2 Asian Golds, MD in 1978 and XD in 1982.
    What are the other 3?

12. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    1974 XD (with Regina Masli)
    1978 MD (with Ade Chandra)
    1978 MT (with INA)
    1982 MD (with Icuk Sugiarto)
    1982 XD (with Ivana Lie)

Infact even the link you posted mentions 4 out of the 5 at the bottom expandable thingies under External Links

#6552 Fan123, Oct 28, 2015
  13. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    i don't think i am going to say anything. i don't want no infraction!!!! :crying:

14. Nine Tailed Fox

Lin Dan - A Brief History

http://badmintoncrazy.com/lin-dan/

One of the best reads about Lin Dan.Loved how he says,he didn't look special to me at all in 2003,LoL....

15. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Ok, here goes (as I happen to have some time for it):

This week Head Coach Li Yongbo's son Li Gen attended a celebrity event and he invited Xie Xingfang to the show, and together they made some big disclosures.

XXF said her relationship with Lin Dan at home is one of "attack and defence cooperation" , adding, : Lin Dan is the manly type but towards me he's rather gentle. He courted me, we are equals, he manages what he earns, what I earn I keep, when I don't have enough I get from him."

On his original intention attending the event, Li Gen indicated,when he was an athlete he already preferred singing, and hoped to sing on stage for everybody. The multi-talented Li Gen went on to play the piano and sang a tune at the same time, winning the approval of the audience.

Li Gen also demonstrated his badminton skills on stage, hitting a shuttle at a glass panel creating a 5mm hole. He admitted his father cum coach LYB is very strict wit him. " I was naughty when young and liked to run out to play, and later was caught by my coach. He reported it to my father who said I must be punished and subsequently I was punished twofold. Others only ran 40 rounds,I had to do 80."

With such a stringent (Head) coach, how did XXF and LD's romantic relationship come about ? XXF said with a smile:" Man and woman paired up for training won't feel tired then. At that time, we (XXF and LD) were in the second team, skills not up to par, we would arrange to train together. Moreover, there's a regulation in the national team, you don't fall in love if you're not world champion."

Li Gen hurried to explain:" Actually not so, we've many who became world champions after falling in love." XXF added on:" Right, otherwise you can only go underground, secretly."

At the event, XXF recalled the scene where LD presented his first gift to her:"What he gave me was a pair of shoes. I found it hard to understand, generally, men give shoes hoping the women to run, right? Perhaps he meant for me to run faster."

The thoughtful Lin Dan also entrusted XXF to send his well-wishes:" Li Gen, we went through a period together at the national team,but you chose a new career, hope you can do even better in your singing career , let even more people like your singing."

16. Nine Tailed Fox

Thank You Justin,really appreciate your efforts.No wonder there are so many lovers in the Chinese team.But how does XXF earns,is she a coach or what???????

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    XXF is not a coach la. LYB will not have both Zhang Ning and XXF as coaches in the same team!!

XXF did help organize the Asian Games 2010 and WC2013, both of which were held in GuangZhou..

18. Nine Tailed Fox

Ah!!!!!!! her pretty face must be the source of income then,may be her voice too........

19. Fan123

Fan123 Regular Member

Professional
    When you are married to Lin Dan, do you really need to worry about source of income?

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Good find. His write-up of Lin Dan ends in 2013, wonder what he might say of 2014 and this year. Just think, Lin Dan was only 19 years old when he began winning tournaments, Denmark, Hong Kong, China.

To me, Lin Dan is the greatest not only because he is the most celebrated and winning the most coveted titles,objectively speaking, but also for the way he played, his badminton prowess, his superb technique,consummate skills, subjectively speaking. Not forgetting his extraordinary mental toughness, of course.