Lining rackets feel more "lively" than Yonex?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by mew1838, Aug 12, 2020.

1. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

I just got my Aeronaut 9000c and have spent some good time with it. Coming from Arcsaber 11, it definitely has more power and control from overhead shots. Both strung with Bg80 at 26lb, I feel more vibration from the lining if I hit anywhere but dead on the sweetspot. The racket in general has more feedback than the Yonex. Is this the general lining characteristic that people talk about or does the Arc 11 just have the best dampening system among high end rackets?

2. random123xxxx

random123xxxx Regular Member

in my opinion, the newer technology the yonex implements on their rackets sort of have a better holding feel for better control. even arcsaber has it. so I guess you can say that yonex rackets are generally more of a control racket as they try their best to minimize vibrations and now because of wanting to minimize vibrations, they invented the "holding feel" so that lesser vibrations will be experienced, giving users a more comfortable and pleasant experience. yonex rackets have also been very stiff and has a very solid feel which lining rackets don't have. i couldn't comment on which brand's racket is livelier as different rackets have different feels...

one question, can you please review the aeronaut 9000c?? i had been thinking of buying it but not sure if it will be worth it

Sent from my CPH1877 using Tapatalk

3. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

Which racket are you coming from?

I switched to the 9000c after using the arcsaber 11 for a year. Previous rackets were all Victors (BS12, BS LYD, MX80, TK7000).

I play 50-50 singles and doubles, and I was looking for more punch in smashes than my arcsaber 11. With the arcsaber, it was a super easy racket to use and I especially excelled in net play and defense. It's not as fast as the braveswords, but I find those rackets too fast and ruin my timing a lot. Another observation worth nothing is that my drops were a hit and miss with arcsaber 11. It didn't have enough head weight for me to feel the shuttle on drops.

Switching to the 9000c, it has more headweight than arcsaber 11. The BP difference is around 10mm. Stiffness is too close to call but I think 9000c is a taddd less stiff. I don't enjoy head heavy rackets like Voltrics. I find the TK7000 overly head heavy and it wasn't a balanced racket at all. With the 9000c, the extra headweight doesn't bother me. Many people here have stated that it swings fast for it's weight and I agree.

so I think overhead swing speed of 9000c == arcsaber 11 but with the extra weight, it makes every overhead shot punchier. Smash is definitely more powerful.

Drop shots and slices are what the 9000c excels in. I couldn't believe the accuracy and angle I was about to pull off. I get the feeling that I play excellent shots once the shuttle touches the racket, which is rare because drop shots is my weakest game area.

When it comes to defence, I have to put a bit more effort than the arcsaber 11. More effort needed but the smash returns tend to go further to the backcourt. Need more testing on this. I'd give the arcsaber a slight edge in defense but not impactful enough to make up for the other areas.

Now the main con so far....My backhand is almost completely off with the 9000c. I'm hoping it's a timing issue that will go away after a few uses but so far, you do feel every extra gram with backhand strokes..

#3 mew1838, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    pootisfoib and Sumanth99 like this.
  4. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

As a side note, the 9000c is by far the best looking racket in the market. No YY racket compares in design.