Looking for doubles partner in Brisbane

Discussion in 'Australia / New Zealand' started by Laowai, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Hello,

I have been living in Brisbane for the last couple of months and have been playing once to twice a week lately. Wondering if there is anyone out there that is looking for a doubles partner? I would like to start playing competitions up here next year. I wouldn't mind having a weekly practice session or social play either. I am not a very good player, probably look at playing B grade doubles or even give A grade a shot (though I need practice!!). I like to play an attacking game but probably need to get my smash a bit more consistent.

I have a stringing machine (with an electric tensioner) so if I do get a doubles partner they will get “mates rates” on restringing. Haha.

Hope that didn’t sound too much like some online dating add.

Cheers

2. neohenry

neohenry Regular Member

Hi, I lived in Brisbane for a year in 2004. Love the place so much!

Perhaps you can check with the badminton clubs in Brisbane(http://www.qba.net.au/pages/indexp.asp?pageid=101).
    I have a friend in the Majestics Badminton Club there (u can google them for more info). They play regularly each week and do take part in local tournaments.

Pls PM me if you want my friend's contact.. :)

3. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear you liked Brisbane. I haven't been to Majestics Badminton Club. I bit too far away from me unfortunately.

4. neohenry

neohenry Regular Member

ohh.. Hopefully you can find other clubs which are nearer to you. Enjoy Brisbane! :)

5. michael23

michael23 Regular Member

Well you can put your "ad" here: http://www.sportsmatchmaker.com.au/sports/Badminton/brisbane/ :)

Though it seems the number of Brisbane people is substantially lower than other states, so you might not get any responses...