MACAU Open Grand Prix Gold 2015 (24th-29th November 2015)

Discussion in '2015 Tournaments' started by CLELY, Oct 25, 2015.

1. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

It's during their junior days. WJC 2011. This Hiren is just 1 year younger than Srikanth. Not a 'very' junior one. :)

2. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Of course not, he's already 27 y.o.

The lesser-known TPE player Kuo Po Cheng outplayed Jonatan Christie at game 1, 21-11.

3. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

One game all for both Christie and Kuo PC, the Indonesian took second game 21-12, lop-sided game 1 & 2, we'll see the real battle on deciding game.

4. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Sun Yu stucks at the moment, continuing poor performance as she downed to former Asian Junior champion Aya Ohori, 16-21 / 18-21.

5. udin_udik

udin_udik Regular Member

Jonatan finally won in three games! 21-12 in deciding game.

6. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Wow, Aya Ohori straight sets Sun Yu! Well done miss!

7. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

And hope JC can win this tournament!

8. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

After watching Adrianti firdasari playing, i must say even a 10 year old girl can play better than her. Chen yufei did not play at all, but firdasari simply gifted 6 points on a stretch. I switched off. Chen yufei serves, Firdasari smashes it on to the net or smashes it wide or clears it wide etc. No 3rd shot at all. <br>
    <br>
    Well done Firdasari

9. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Chen Jin also coach Chinese youngsters here, thought he only manages the elite players.

10. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Yuhoo this pretty lady has finally turned heads.. Way to go

11. nilesh123

nilesh123 Regular Member

student
    Oh my my Bhai itni bezati :D
    If I am not wrong she has way past her prime?she was injured or something and was away from the circuit for a considerable phase?she was never very good too no surprise..

12. Baddyforall

Why Tan kim her is in Macau Open along with Madhumita Bisht ? Only indian singles players are here . No doubles. Then why?

Oops. Just now saw Jwala/Aswini's name in the draw. Anyhow, 1st round exit is confirmed.

#92 Baddyforall, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

What a turnaround match between last year runner-up Vincent Wong against one of INA promising stars, Anthony Ginting at last two games, second set Ginting managed good lead 11-6 then Vincent Wong crawled back to seal this game 21-15 and at decider, the HKG player had healthy leading, 11-1 before the young Indonesian slowly catched up and the match ended with 21-16 for 11th seed victory.

14. Baddyforall

Wow. Top seed MD from china is out of the tournament. Defeated by unknown Malaysian pair. I never seen Tan playing doubles before.

15. blabl

blabl Regular Member

For your information I manage to watch this whole match live and indeed I was so shocked with the results. I thought I was dreaming. First of all I am a great supporter of Liu Xiaolong / Qiu Zihan so I purposely watch this match to see how both of them win. Then I get a shock of my life. Both lost.

I did some research online. Then I found out that Tan Kian Ming is a former MS player. In the middle of this year he started to switch from MS to play in XD. He played with Peck Yen Wei in XD for 3 times and already won 1 silver and 1 bronze medal.

Next he started playing in MD for the first time with Teo Ei Yi recently and won the bronze medal. Then he partnered Low Juan Shen to play in MD for the second time. Then I checked that he has no ranking in MD as this is his first time playing in MD with Low Juan Shen thus needs to play in qualifying rounds too yesterday. Wow this is indeed an upset. He is also a young junior player.

16. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Today is the day of the underdogs indeed.

First Lai Pei Jing / Cjow Mei Kuan who both only play in WD for the second time won their match over Du Yue / Li Yinhui. Wow then I checked and found out that they have no ranking in WD at all. Both only started playing in WD recently and already won the bronze medal playing together. So for this tournament can they go far?

Another surprising win comes from Tan Kian Ming / Low Juan Shen who won against a highly ranked player Liu Xiaolong / Qiu Zihan. This is their first time playing together and both already won over a highly ranked player. Tan Kian Ming and Lai Pei Jing will also be playing in XD later for the second time. Then Chow Mei Kuan and Tan Chee Tean will be playing in the XD for the first time later. So Tan Kian Ming, Lai Pei Jing and Chow Mei Kuan will have to do double duties. Will this make them tired? Hmm...

So far the newly formed Malaysian XD, WD and MD have been showing god results.

17. Espírito Santo

Espírito Santo Regular Member

Terrorist
    Wow, what a huge upset and surprise, look like Malaysia have new hope in MD.

18. blabl

blabl Regular Member

The next question is can the newly formed XD Kim Jae Hwan / Kim Hey Rin also win their match later?

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Yes Malaysia now have a new hope in MD. The main reason is Tan Kian Ming. He is a very good and versatile player. I remembered he is a good MS player and won before medals in MS. Then this year he is told to switch over to play in XD recently and stop playing in MS. Now he is told to double duty and play in MD and he played well too.

20. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Anyway congratulations to Low Juan Shen / Tan Kian Ming for winning their match over a highly ranked player and also congratulations to Chow Mei Kuan / Lai Pei Jing for winning their match today.