Malaysia Boleh Spirits

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by Dato A, May 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    How long? can beat malaysia record or not?

2. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Malaysia Boleh!
    The phenomenal growth of Malaysia under the leadership of its fourth prime minister Datuk Seri Dr Mahathir Mohamad has brought about a patriotic sense of achievement amongst its people.

The Government has led the way to show that Malaysians can excel in whatever they put their minds to, and this, in no small way, has produced a society that tries to outdo itself (sometimes at ridiculous levels, if truth be told) in the endeavours it pursues. Embodying this spirit is the slogan "Malaysia Boleh!" which loosely translated means "Malaysia Can Do It!" How this slogan came to be the "battle cry" of a nation is rather sketchy but the general belief is that it was the slogan used by a health beverage in its marketing campaign in the 80s.

It caught on and soon cries of Malaysia Boleh! were heard, first only at sporting events like the Commonwealth Games and Thomas Cup Finals, then later everywhere else as it was embraced wholeheartedly by the people as a means to push themselves to endure and accept challenge, to set targets, to excel. The "Malaysia Boleh!" spirit has since produced many achievers and achievements, and has been a cornerstone of the success story that is the new Malaysia.

3. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

seems like now DATUKSHIP is really priceless now:mad::mad::mad:
    even shah ruck khan got `DATUK` now..:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    is Malaysia insane already??:crying::(
    malaysia apa pun boleh:crying::rolleyes::eek:

4. koyeng

koyeng Regular Member

executive
    Why it is so annoying to you about the Malaysia boleh? Are you so frustrated for our failure in some of our target such as Olympic and Thomas cup? I'm not a big fan of Dr.M but the spirit of Malaysia Boleh is really a brilliant idea. To set a goal in such a high benchmark is good even so it is sound ridiculous.

I have a friend during Middle school who was always day dreaming and ambitious to be a millionaire before he is in his 30s. He was from an average family. Later we saperate as we go to different university and college. We were rarely meet each other, later in 2003 he tell me when we accidently meet that he want to quit working and selling unit trust. Every one around, family and friends are mocking on his plan. But with guts and spirits 'Boleh' he quit he's job and do what ever he belives in. Last year I meet him again driving Merc CLS. He told me he own a porch to but didnt occationally drive it. I dont really know is he a millionare yet but he sure got big bucks in his bank account.

I got other friend who is as ambitions as he is. Unfortunate he never take a step like my other friend use to. When he want to start a buisness and ask family opinion, they say, dont go for it! you know how many people has suffer from bankrupcy? And he listen, and he obey and he.. well.. he working as an engineer in one of the factory in malacca with salary 2.5K a moth in his 30s. Play safe, no risk, but not succesfull either.

Last two month my company has sent me and other staf for a short motivation (within 2 days). I thought it will be boring as hell but actually it has make me think in a different way from now. I remember the trainer as one of the candidate to came to him and raise his hand for 45 on the air. He ask the participant to think his hand as strong as a steel, as hard as a stone (with eye closed), and then he pull the participant hand. No matter how hard he tried the hand had never go down. And later he ask the participant to think his hand as soft as a cotton as light as a feather. Then, by usint just two fingger, he pull the participant hand down. So easy. I see the palm of the participant and I know he try as hard as he could to figth the force, but then because of his mind set his hand became so week.. only by mind setting. When we think we cant do an so be it. We will not do. If we do we will fail. I know why Dr M made the tallest building, international KLIA, F1 sepang, just for one simple reason, to change malaysian mindset. We actually can do. I dont know how many got influence by it but atleast some people got inspire by it. Even it is only to some people, it is still an achivement. Man on a moon is a great example also. After the American astronault land on the moon is has turn a huge interest among American student to study on astrology, rocket technology, and space scient. If we thought like we did today, we would think space project is such a waste. But remember the impact on those youngster.

I see some people achivement because they belive and they do it hard. Dato Nichole David is a good example. She remain the world No1 for a several years already. I, in my 30s if want to be a state badminton player as a benchmark. May be I will not success. But the great effort on doing it so may has higher up my skill, I bet I can beet any intermidiate level and won some small tournament. That is an achivement.

God give us same pair of hand, same head, same brain.. its up to us how to use it.

5. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    Maybe u will be the next:D

Good Night Datuk George:D:D

6. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    waaaa... that's the spirit of malaysia boleh. ;)

7. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    An 'accident' happened in Malaysia......

Attached Files:

8. drifit

drifit newbie

PM
  9. lelynx

lelynx Regular Member

Do you know why the Mayor of KL have to spend 1.3 million for oversea trips?
    1. To earn more point on MAS Frequent Traveler !!!
    2. To get idea why they have to change the name of Jln. Alor to Jln. Kejora
    3. Because he is a *damn-good* mayor doing his job

Yup... Malaysia BOLEH!!!

10. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    maybe they were shooting the movie 'SPEED 2' :p

11. george@chongwei

dato, i think this were already happened in MALAYSIA quite sometimes already, right??

12. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    doesnt matter. Just to share only....:D

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    agree...and someone suggest to build wall at sabah and sarawak...he think tat the great wall of china can defend china from mogolia and huns century ago...:mad:

14. Dato A

Dato A Regular Member

GENERAL MANAGER
    U have to consider who's the man behind This Mayor....

15. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

My friend, you need to know that you have a stake in Malaysia as well. Your rights as a citizen is guaranteed and written in stone in our Constitution. In short, you are no 2nd class citizen. Allow me to quote Martin Niemoller;

When the Nazis came for the communists,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
    I remained silent;
    I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
    I did not speak out;
    I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
    I remained silent;
    I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
    there was no one left to speak out.

After 51 years of independence, it is a shame to see us being divided along racial lines. There is no such thing as one race is more superior to another. The same goes for religion.

16. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Lets us be frank about the chances of a non-Malay becoming the Prime Minister of Malaysia one day. If Obama could do a "US Boleh" why not Malaysians like drifit or some Malaysian with the name of Mohinder Singh or Tan Ah Lee do a real "Malaysia Boleh"? If not, then all the "Malaysia Boleh" is just a mirage.

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    today...mas pm say:everyone can(be the nation leader from minority)...say only...cheh...
    if u are in mas...u will know how difficult to materialis WHAT u said...:rolleyes:...1stly...we have isa to take care of u...:p

18. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    In the US, the Constitution allows it, and the people voted for it. In Malaysia, does the Constitution say explicitly that it is ok? And will the people allow it (voting)?

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hmm...we have differ system...erm...if the president of umno wins the parlimen seats...then he will be mas pm for sure...:(...

20. george@chongwei

yalor..talk only...cehh!!!:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.