Malaysia GP Gold 2009 Final China XD will play dirty

Discussion in 'Malaysia GP Gold / Philippines Open 2009' started by polis, Jun 27, 2009.

1. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Gosh, calm down mate. You might pull something getting all worked up over this.

What you should do first is search the Forum and read the general workings of Team CHN in a tournament. Then you'll understand why every incident involving CHN v CHN players is treated with suspicion.

Again I'm in no way implying the injury is fake. I've read somewhere though that it was an ankle injury but she got her thigh wrapped at courtside. Just didn't match up for me.

2. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    ZB/MJ would whip them anyways...there isn't any reason to suspect they would lose.

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am not a fan of the Chinese badminton team because of LYB. He is too arrogant but I do support some individual players esp those who have left the national team. As for the games involving CHN vs CHN, there is a rule that they will go all out in the first game and whoever lost will play tamely after that and be eliminated so that the victor won't have to exert themselves.

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

This is not just from this match alone but many, many other previous incidents when it's CHina vs China . Thus, in the finals thread, someone mentioned 'boy crying wolf' thing. Look around the forum, you'll know.

Which means : previously china players have given walkovers or retired when vs team mates. THe very next week they can play fine, when they are supposedly injured. In previous incidents, there were eye witness account of the supposed injured player still training after giving walkover .

So, by now, whether Zhao YL's injury is real or not, very few will believe it, especially since it happened at 5-5 of 1st set.;)

5. jasonmarc

jasonmarc Regular Member

I was at the stadium....hmmm...it show no sign,..just suddently ZYL went to inform the judge that she needed medical treatment....and was announced w/o after that.......

Most of the fans in the stadium...were not satisfied with the w/o.....all of them thinks that chn.....have done it again..........:mad::mad: to prepare MJ for the later WD.........;);)....

6. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    Wow, LYB is truly a genius indeed. He can instill such fear and suspicion even when he isn't there. Pretty soon, the LYB experts can read LYB's mind by the different ways he wears his cap, the different ways he crosses his leg, etc.
    MAS Open titles are such an important goal for him that he has to resort to this elaborate scheme. Thanks for pointing that out to me, i totally missed that.

7. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    This has been discussed in previous threads, some BC forummers even went to talk to some of the CHN team contingent on this issue ..........

The "injured" players' acting skills, though, have yet to reach academy award level.

8. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Dont pretend you dont know, you were here when those observations were made by BCers with insider info.
    AND : you misunderstood, we were explaining that whether it's planned or not, nobody will believe ZYL really injured, since Ma Jin had to play WD later. So coincidence one. ;) This kinda things has happened often (too often perhaps) when it's China vs CHina.
    If MJ/Wang playing in WC, then the WR pts will come in handy.

Titles not that important to you perhaps, you didnt hear the disappointment in the GD SPorts commentators when mighty China didnt win at least 3 titles in INA SS, esp WS & WD.

9. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i must had missed those insider info.

My view is, if i'm ZYL, i would not risk compounding my injury, no matter how innocently small it is, just before the WC event. Regarding saving Ma jin's energy for the WD final, if u look at the PAW picks, most have already chosen mj/wyl beating ceh/wpt before the match. If pawers believe this before the match, i'm sure lyb would believed that too. Of course, you point is well taken as well, without facts, nothing is 100% certain.

10. abedeng

abedeng Regular Member

Occupying Tall Buildings
    Yeah, well obviously no one from CHN squad is going to have a statutory declaration released to the public domain on this. :p

11. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Bets are not valid if there is injury involved.. that is what i was told.

12. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    My question is since people are SO FAMILIAR with team China's "tactics", then why didn't the "GENIUS" organizer of this tournament put the WD match first before the XD match???:confused::confused::confused: or was the organizer trying to set it up in a way in hope that they could tire out Ma Jin first prior to her WD match against the host Malaysia?:rolleyes:

All in all, don't blame team China whether this injury is valid or not... blame the GENIUS tournament organizer. LOL

13. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Assuming it was a team drama, I wonder how the 'injury' would have played out if the Women's Doubles had been scheduled before the Mixed Doubles :p

14. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    bananakid, after seeing the similarity in our latest posts, I hope someone doesn't insinuate or allege a conspiracy of thought :eek:

15. bananakid

bananakid Regular Member

business owner
    Yeah... seriously, anyone with half a brain would have figured out to put the WD match first before the XD match, if they want to prevent a "true or not" injury or any kind of withdrawl.

One more thing that I question about this crappy tournament... isn't the whole point of hosting an additional tournament in Malaysia is to "promote" badminton? Then why in the world that this tournament is only broadcast in so few places, and even with "news report" in the middle of the broadcast???:rolleyes:

16. cooler

cooler Regular Member

i forgot to tell you, LYB had it arranged to go that way too. He is such a genius, maybe 2nd only to Kim Jong-il*.

*On his first ever trip to the golf course, he shot 38-under par, including 5 hole-in-ones! This is reported by the government controlled media. He routinely shoots 3 or 4 hole-in-ones every time out. N. Korean media also reports that Jong-il bowled a perfect game-300, on his first time out bowling!

17. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Damn, that man is a genius. Perhaps his fellow genius bananakid could have invited him to organize the Malaysian Grand Prix Gold.

Or perhaps he could have invited the self-proclaimed "most interesting man in the world" from the Dos Equis ads currently running on TV :D

18. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Crappy? In what way?

19. panasonic_chai

panasonic_chai Regular Member

way before the match started, someone already created this thread .. and at 5-5 1st match, ZYL got "injured"!
    haha so dramatic.. again chinese players are better actors/actresses compared to their court skilll thanks to LYB the great film director of badminton world :)

20. markchan

markchan Regular Member

Crappy................becos LCW won....:D