Malaysian Open 2008 - Day 3 - Jan 17 - 2nd round

Discussion in 'Malaysia Open 2008' started by george@chongwei, Jan 16, 2008.

1. winnie

winnie Regular Member

wey.. shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    hahaha dun worry the crowds r being extremely supportive at ccm/cce..
    they jz abit harsh towards ah koo n ah tan for their not up to the level's performance.. even me as the supporter also feel abit frustrated.. hehe ops..:p hopefully cce can level up la.. ccm have pleyed extremely well this time in MO

2. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Kendrick Lee Yen Hui is 23, born October 8, 1984.

He is currently ranked 24th in the world whereas Chen Jin is ranked 4th.

Recently he has beaten not only CJ but also Sony Dwi Kuncoro (6), Boonsak Ponsana (12), Yeoh Kay bin (21), during the last Korat SEA Games 2007 and Przemyslaw Wacha (14) (Poland) during the Dutch Open in October 2007.

Kendrick was actually the World Junior Championships Runner-Up in 2002. So he has the potential to be a top player. But as he had to do compulsory military training, which we call National Service or NS for short, for about 2 plus years when he reached 18 years of age, his badminton training was kept on hold. He also sacrificed his Polytechnic studies to concentrate on badminton. Subsquently, he has trained full time under a Chinese coach initially and now under Indonesian coach, Asep Suharno, who also trains Ronald Susilo, his senior and more illustrious teammate, now ranked 19 in the world.

It was Kendrick who led the Singapore Team at the SEA Games 2007 and won silver for both team and individual events. Ronald had not recovered from a recent injury and therefore could not play.

You can find out more about Kendrick from the Wikipedia website:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Yen_Hui_Kendrick

:)

#1302 Loh, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  3. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

Thanks for the long info. I saw the videos of K Lee of SEA, very good. But he was not so good against TH at the final. So I assumed he would have difficulty to beat JC. But I guess he's on the way up. Chn has another guy called Gong Weijie, whom Chn did not appear send to play in MO 08, is as good as CJ. Maybe Chn should let him play MS too in the future.

For CJ and Gong Weijie match at 2007 China Nat'l Championships:

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51265

4. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Not necessarily for some of them. They dont do well, next tourney not in action. With all the bashing, from all quarters, goes spiralling down.
    Well... some of us gotta be the supporting voice in the midst of all the criticism they get.

And :D, go sleep also cannot sleep lah, without knowing the result, some of the other BCers can attest to that.
    And I'm not that passionate, didnt even go stadium to watch them play mah.

And, he, he, best of all, eagle got cruise control;), I've always been a night eagle.

Winnie - I think the label "jaguh luar"(champion outside country) will stick with KKK/TBH

#1304 eaglehelang, Jan 17, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  5. Birdwood

Birdwood Regular Member

I don't know if any comments of you or other supporters to the pair will be heard by the coach or make any difference :confused:

Go to stadium means can't type message on computer for BC forum so you have to chose one.

6. eaglehelang

LOL, + facing PC can also get work done. Save $$$ to go watch , 3 in 1 deal ;);). Our fastdrop & Huang fly here & there to watch them, that one I call really passionate.

7. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Maybe we should look at why the local home crowd booed KKK/TBH??

TBH ... before he won that AG/AE, I feel he was a much down to earth chap. No dyed hair etc.

As for the homeground thing, if you find your own backyard tough, Beijing is only gonna be much more tougher. Over there, they aint gonna hand you that Olympic gold.

8. eaglehelang

Apparently, they also booed at LCW and other players.
    For Msian players, homeground is tougher crowd than overseas(this you also know). When they are behind, still in the game, their own countrymen boo at them.

China fans still supported their players even when their players were behind in points - on homeground and overseas. Can hear on tv shouts of "China team, jia you!".

BCL in France was behind LCW 4 to 5 points, can hear loud shouts of "BCL, jia you!"

Anyway, fastdrop has been to all of the SS last year, he would know better.

TBH - it is already known gets nervous and pressured with all this - he doesnt like all the attention.

9. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Well, being a professional sportsmen/women is no walk in the park. There are always gonna be pressure and demanding fans etc etc. But a true and worthy champion will be able to rise above all that.

Maybe we should accept the fact that KKK/TBH were bundled out by a better pair than say they lost because the local crowd were too demanding.

As for TBH, the lad just got to step up to the plate and not let pressure etc get to him the next time, if he wants to be a true champion. As for the attention, he got no choice cos I doubt BWF will empty the entire stadium each time he takes the court.

10. eaglehelang

Lars/Jonas according to BCers in the stadium played very well. In post-match intv, said Lar/Jonas targeted TBH as the weak link for the day.

What I mean is the booing & jeering part makes matters worse, already tense, more panic. They gotta learn to overcome loh.

Nahhhh, BWF no need empty stadium, :), TBH just need to program his mind to think crowd booing at opponent, not him.
    It took LCW a couple of years to cope (not 100% yet too) with all that - The crowd also booed at LCW in 2nd set match with Wacha. LCW fought back with big margin & won in 3rd set.

11. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

Whether Lars/Jonas picked on TBH solely or not, they won. They were the better pair. KKK/TBH lost to a better pair. The crowd, traffic jams in KL, Lingam tape etc etc or whatever Malaysian thingy got nothing to do with their defeat.

Booing and jeering happens in every sport.

12. eaglehelang

Booing & jeering part - not as much against own team. Boo for opposing team happens a lot - for the sports I watch at least. Already said - they must learn to overcome loh.

Lars/Jonas said that statement in The Star intv, and said that it was the reason they managed to win, meaning it's a factor TBH have to watch out & improve - nervousness & all.

13. badMania

badMania Regular Member

LOL...looks like u are once again sucked into the never-ending debate :D

14. eaglehelang

Got free time while waiting for highlights at 12.30 am, 15 min more, he ,he.
    AND downloading the vid Ants uploaded.

And I see your attention shifted to OG thread. All this while, with all the debates you still didnt know Hafiz with private club, ha, ha.

#1314 eaglehelang, Jan 18, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2008
  15. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Okay, okay..

..i missed that one; inconsiderate of me..:p..But the rest of the KLers and BCers, from those other countries & not working on Saturday, shouldn't have any excuses not to follow & watch the M'sia Open..:p :D:cool:

16. Pemuda

Pemuda Regular Member

I say again booing and jeering is part and parcel of sports. Happens in tennis, football, rugby, basketball, badminton, etc. Again I repeat, all professional sportsmen/women must learn to deal with it.

Good on Lars/Jonas for doing their homework. Fair play to them. They were the better pair.