Mizuno WaveFang SS2 new March 2018 Release.

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by runnflyfish, Mar 28, 2018.

1. runnflyfish

runnflyfish New Member

Hi everyone,
    Although, I have been reading numerous discussion on this forum. This is my first post and I just wanted to share a new pair of Mizuno WaveFang SS2 badminton shoes. They are the newly released version for March 2018.
    I bought them from Shuttle House in Osaka over the weekend and they arrived 3 days later in the US.
    I've been using Mizuno Running shoes for a decade so I ordered the same size and they fit perfectly.
    Here is a video of it

jamesjjj and pcll99 like this.
  2. BadmiCat

BadmiCat Regular Member

Great review, runnflyfish!
    Now I have some questions:
    1. Where did you buy it and how much it cost? (In PM if you do not share it here)
    2. How the cushion and grip?
    3. How wide they are?
    4. General impression after some games?
    Thanks! :)

runnflyfish likes this.
  3. runnflyfish

runnflyfish New Member

Thank you BadmiCat.

I bought them online from shuttle-house.com a Japanese badminton store in Osaka Japan and have them shipped to San Francisco USA. It costs me about 12,500 Japanese Yen with shipping included.

The width is 3E and it wraps the front of my feet like a pair of socks with the right amount of space for my toes. The heel part is snug and supportive as well.
    The shoes feel grounded with a tad of elevated heel which I like and the pair weights at 658 gram @329 gram for US10 or JPN 28cm.

They just arrived yesterday and tonight is going to be my first time wearing them, so I'll update you on the grip.

I tried Yonex new 65Z Wide in the same size but they felt stiffer with too much extra space and didn't wrap my feet as nicely as the Mizuno. The Yonex seemed a minuscule larger than the Mizuno as well. However, the Yonex size JPN 27.5cm fits well in term of sizing but still too stiff and didn't have that blanket feeling. If I were going to buy the the Yonex 65Z Wide I would go with the 27.5cm Wide because the 28cm Normal and Wide would be too big.

Comparing the cushioning, I think the Yonex 65Z Wide have better cushioning than this Wave Fang. However, the Mizuno Wave Fang is better than the Forza FT. Although, I like to jump smash and have mid 40's knees I don't think I will need extra paddings for now. Besides, I've got some Dr.Scholl paddings to use if I needed them.

let me know if you have more questions about the shoes. I'll try to answer them.

BadAtGoodminton likes this.