Mohd Ahsan / Hendra Setiawan

Discussion in 'Indonesia Professional Players' started by Licin, Aug 31, 2012.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

IDK man, it's hard to judge for me as of now. FHF has that 2nd OG, but he was less successful on the regular tour (although Hendra didnt win much when Jung/Lee were active, either). While he remains one of my personal favorites, I fully understand why someone would put HS ahead of him, that basically comes down to how you value different achievements and that's never going to be objective.
    HS winning a second OG Gold, also with a different partner, would make them equal in that department and then all the other achievements of Hendra's would outweigh Fu's even for me.

I'm not strongly attached to any of these rankings (nothing will change what players I enjoy watching, and my personal favorites don't need to be the best for me to like their badminton), but I like discussing them and seeing other people's views and criteria. Just don't make them stupid. ;)

2. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

ya, it is great to see many players with different style, attracting their own fans and also sometime influence the way their fans play badminton. KKK's flamboyant frontcourt play, LYD defense, JJS/FHF/Ahsan/Kido power smash, HS change of pace, Kevin quickness. even playing style varies among countries. this is what make MD so entertaining.

so now i just enjoy whatever match HS/AH is playing, until i find another pair to support.

3. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

I recommend Wang/Lee, found them very nice to watch even from the beginning. WCL certainly has an eye for the court, one of the few MD players who I saw using aggressive clears from the back, and with success. Also uses flat lifts from the mid court to the same effect, often creating big attacking opportunities for his pair, if not outright scoring.
    Chia/Soh can be quite entertaining as well. Personally I'm curious whether Watanabe will continue playing MD after Endo retires, and if so, who he'll partner with. Certainly has the potential to be one of the most enjoyable players to watch as well, really creative.

lodoss likes this.
  4. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

or maybe the up and coming Carnando/Marthin. after HS/AH retire, they could be Indonesia no.2 pair, jumping over Alfian/Ardianto who have a disastrous 2 weeks in Thailand.

5. Nine Tailed Fox

Nine Tailed Fox Regular Member

Wow.. Mohd Ahsan was spitting fire today. Back court, front court.. He was chewing them up.

6. konak

konak Regular Member

He should.:cool:

his wife gave birth to their third child yesterday.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  7. Nine Tailed Fox

Triple Daddy = Triple Power

8. BojepJoe

BojepJoe Regular Member

Unemployed
    Apparently his firs final was Singapore Satellite 2002, with Joko Riyadi and lost to another INA pair

lodoss likes this.
  9. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

10. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

even though they lost in the final, but i feel that they are getting better as the weeks passed by. now the objective is to stay healthy, keep on training, and if possible, play in tournaments to maintain the match sharpness.

11. Nine Tailed Fox

Is it a match up issue with Lee Yang/ Wang Chi Lin? Third consecutive defeat against them.

You decide.

12. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

LY/WCL definitely played very well, but i dun think AH/HS will have less confident when meeting them again. Ytd, they also ended their 0-3 record against Choi/Seo. The only pair they still trying to crack is their fellow countrymen MG/KS, i think.

Nine Tailed Fox likes this.
  13. MilaRedkani

MilaRedkani New Member

Runner up for Ahsan/Hendra is a remarkable achievement considering their age and the injury Ahsan had last week. Kudos to Lee Yang/ Wang Chi Lin (added to new fav :)) who played tremendously well today after a nervous match in the Semis.

Best of luck for Daddies for next tournaments, always enjoy watching them playing :)

14. Yoji

Yoji Regular Member

With LCW & LD retired , AhsanHendra is the oldest pair player in the badminton competition now, their average age is older than Vittingus i believe, who is the oldest MS player it seems.

Lets hope they can play for many more years. From QF to SF to F , looks like they are getting better. To me its just like 2018 when they started their partnership again so i thought its gonna be tough because they are 3 years older now.

15. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

I think they were surprised how well they been doing since partnering again in 2018. Capturing WC19 was a real surprise to me, and probably to them, which gave them hope to do well in Tokyo20, as a closure to their glittering career.
    I certainly hope they will continue playing beyond this year but I doubt so. Maintaining their form is not easy, with age on the wrong side, old and new injury, and family commitment.

16. extremenanopowe

extremenanopowe Regular Member

Chief Coach. The best and still active.
    www.extreme-power.org or xtremexn.blogspot.com
    Ah san needs to smash more to keep winning. Else its tough.

You notice ahsan killer trademark smash shot on 2nd smash to the backhand after 1st smash to the middle? Cool ;)

17. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
  18. fufu27

fufu27 Regular Member

his shoe as not as expensive than yonex right? but it work very well on my foot. so, choosing victor are good choise .

19. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

The group look dangerous for the Daddies. Korean pair has proved difficult with a mixed or negative H-H record. Malaysian pair is rather less consistent so this match could decide whether the Daddies qualify to knockout stage. :(

20. lodoss

lodoss Regular Member

good start in Tokyo. stay cool and healthy.

#1100 lodoss, Jul 24, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2021