MP44 or MP66?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eMaAEgs, Nov 18, 2005.

1. eMaAEgs

eMaAEgs Regular Member

I want to get a head-light racket and these 2 models seem to be quite similar. Which is a better choice?

2. TheGr8Two

TheGr8Two Regular Member

MP66 is 1cm longer; I'd go for that if I were you. Head-light rackets tend to be less powerful, so the extra length will you a bit.

3. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Please reply to this post if you purchased a MP66, I am very interested in a review :)

4. other

other Regular Member

Student
    http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14759&highlight=mp66

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25704&highlight=mp66

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17261&highlight=mp66

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20369&highlight=mp66

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19814&highlight=mp66

"gessle's review"
    Specification of my MP66SP
    3UG4 / strung with BG66 (Pearl White Color) at 23lb / One layer YONEX Overgrip (Black Color)

Here is my review...

Power - 8/10
    Head heavier racket would generate greater power at ease. But always can swing faster during executing smash when using lighter racket. Feels great during smashing... would not get my arm tired out easily... However back court clears need more effort to be put in due to its head light balance

Control - 8/10
    Great... shuttle goes where-ever i want it to be... however still adjusting to execute tight drop shot

Accuracy - 10/10
    Wallow eh... deadly accurate shots during smashing in single game. Netplay is also improved since the feel of the shuttle and swinging speed is higher

Appearance - 9/10
    Nice color scheme!!!

Durability - ?/10
    Unknown. However since this is my most expensive racket (always on budget)... i would not use it with unfamiliar partner during double games

Conclusion
    Great racket for single n double games. Returning smash is easier to due higher manoeuvravility. The racket is not too light or too heavy. Feels just right. Definitely would get another one as back-up if got extra money. However if u want fastest smashes, better get stiffer and head heavy racket.

5. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Thanks Cooler for showing up those links (I already read all of them ^o^). It was a misunderstanding of my post above, actually I meant that I would love to read one more review of the MP66.

6. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    Cooler? :confused: You mean other? :rolleyes:

7. ak6210

ak6210 Regular Member

student
    MP66 is a pretty good racket. Not really a head light racket as stated on the racket. Smashing can be powerful. one thing i do not like is the handle is short (shorter than AT 800)

8. eMaAEgs

eMaAEgs Regular Member

My experience is more or less the same as other's. MP66 is indeed a great racket for me becoz of its excellent manoeuvrability. Drop shots, net shots, even smashes can be easily done with it...but u have to hit really hard while doing back court clears...
    ...or U will be hit really hard by your opponent :D

9. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Regular Member

Sorry !!! I meant Other of course.

But thanks for your opinion. I think I will probably go with the MP66

10. other

other Regular Member

Student
    i'd have to say that the mp66 is definiately head-light. my mp66 roughly has its balance point between the P and the O of the "mucle power" graphics on the shaft...i'm guessing that the "muscle power" is written at the same place on all mp racquets?

yeah, the at800 handle is great:)

ps if the mp44 is a normal length racquet, i'd go for the mp66:D

11. Midget_Boy

Midget_Boy Regular Member

Student
    MP-44 and MP-66 are both long racquets. It even says "LONG SHAFT" on the shaft of MP-44. It is a longer than standard racquets, but shorter than other long racquets, ie. MP-100.