My 2nd trip to VAN - Feb, 2005

Discussion in 'Canada West' started by LazyBuddy, Nov 8, 2004.

1. viver

viver Regular Member

LB,
    I waited until late when you were dead tired to engage you in the game. According to my reading - I borrowed the glasses from Goku (Dragon Ball) and checked that your energy level was about 25%, and waited for the right moment to attack ;):D. Even then your smashes were not easily to return. Good job LB, the rate you are progressing, I am afraid the next time we meet it will be us who have to do the running. :eek::eek:

2. Break-My-String

Break-My-String Regular Member

If my brain cells recall correctly... it was a lift to the mid/back-court in which I was thinking "don't hit my partner, don't hit my partner"...umm oops...sorry Pete LSD's for the ricochet! :crying:

Hey 604Badder, remember when I teamed up w/ you... after we clashed, I thought..."HEY, I have an excuse to get that AT800OF"...but as it turns out...sorry about your lost!:crying:

Gee, it must be the Internet, just like TV, I look a few inches taller and a couple of feet wider! :D

Yup, LB shows-up at Collingwood with breakfast for champions, (oatmeal?) cookies and water! :D I had to tell LB, "You didn't come to here to socialize! Get on the court! :D :D :D

Hey ViningWolff, it was great to meet you! The first game we had together, you were warming up your booming smashes to my backhand, I thought, maybe I should trade-in my racquet and get some hockey goalie gear on just in case! :crying:

Later on when we were on the same side and your knee injury was kicking in, I must have felt some "sympathetic pain" because my injured (operated-on) knee started to have the same sensation! :crying: :crying: :crying: Good luck on your surgery!

For me... it was a fantastic nite of badminton! Great games, great company, and great pics, thanks Wood_22_chuck!

Have a safe trip home LazyBuddy!

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    :D :D :D I should have squatted lower.

This knee injury is getting in the way of enjoying badminton. Due to the intensity of the games and number of hours on the court, I have been taking 9 capsules (900mg each) of flax-seed oil and 3 capsules (1300mg each) of CSCM.

4. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    Dang forgot to bring my camera again. Last evening dinner with Lazybuddy. He chowed down a [size=+2]HUGE[/size] sundae consisting of two (or three) scoops of ice-cream for desert :D

Was really fun, LB. Looking forward to your next visit over :)

-dave

5. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    The waitress was very surprised. LB has my full respect by finishing that huge sundae ice cream and cake!!! I had to get help from others to finish the huge mud pie - shame :eek: . :D :D :D

6. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    So, seems I made up my lost in VRC by super performance on the dinner table? :eek: :rolleyes:

7. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Man, just could not even keep my eyes open at that moment. Guess just 4 hrs of sleep after 5-6 hrs of baddy (especially the late ones against master Viver and WWC) really killing me.

I had to say sorry to all my partners for the 1st 1-2 hrs, as I simply could not run at all. There were easy games I should perform well, but simply can't move. Maybe next time... I will show them some the "real LB moves". ;)

8. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    We returned our effort by consuming excess energy. We should invade VRC now!!! :D

9. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Lol, u sure the reading was not "-25%"? :D You are being modest, as I still need a lot of work on my skill and endurance. And I am sure, for the next 10 yrs or so, if we play again, I still need to drag my legs and run for life. :p

10. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Finally, the van buddies took me easily on Monday night session. Or, more likely I forced poor Peter doing all the running. :D

A bit sorry for the young lady I paired up with at the beginning, as I perfectly backed up my alias of the "lazy" portion... :rolleyes: even though, she's quite competitive and willing to win. Maybe, next time... :p

11. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Hey maybe you will impress her dearly next time ;) . She is quite a hard hitter. :D

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    It was my pleasure to run around but I was too burned out to be effective :crying: .

13. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    ooo. Sounded like fun. No more pics??? Come on!! We want to see more!! Or at least me :D:D. Maybe in a couple of years time you'd see FEND.'s visit to Van - Feb, 20**. :D:D:D

14. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student

Why a couple of years?????? Come later this year or early next year!!!

You know that Vancouver BF'ers will come out in force to welcome you (i.e. play until you drop :D ) That you can count on.

#194 604badder, Mar 30, 2005
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  15. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    LOL. Hopefully I can start a trip in less than 10 years. Trying to reach my retirement from work age ASAP!!! I'm still a poor student you know!! And it'll take me a fair bit to build from my one room empire :p

16. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Yeah, I was really selfish to insist the collingwood session on him as I didn't want to waste the last drop-in slot on my soon-to-be expired saving coupon:eek:. Would have accompanied him and shared the baddy 'hangover' if it weren't for work:(. Sounds like the collingwood ladies really dug his gentlemanly conduct;). The guy's mojo was working overtime that day:p.

17. Anatolii

Anatolii Regular Member

yeah! nice photos :D. great smiles :). it's so fascinating to read all that above. & i'm now somehow inspired to go improve in my badminton. :eek: :D

18. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    All good things must come to end...

Well, it's a cool somber morning when we left at 5:30am for the airport. LB will be leaving behind the good times at around 8am when his flight will depart for Vegas before another long flight back to NY. At the drop-off point, we shook hands and exchange hugs as though we're old friends for the longest time. With our final farewell said, LB's 2005 Vancouver baddy vacation trip officially concluded. He jested that he'll be back in two weeks' time, so I guess he hadn't had enough. Methink next year's challenge will be to devise even more effective means to torture poor LB:D. I can't wait to get back to training for that purpose;).

Anyway, we love having ya LB. Take care and come back to Vancouver soon:)!

19. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Have a good and safe flight home.

It was fun having you out here and it seems that there were a number of friendships being built.

20. 604badder

604badder Member

Full time badminton fanatic, and student
    See you next year LB!!! :D