My day at the Singapore Indoor Stadium(Aviva Open, Q-Final)

Discussion in 'Singapore Open / Malaysia Open / Chinese Taipei Op' started by Xanify, Jun 9, 2006.

1. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

So, I reached the stadium 45 minutes late and saw BCL playing against some guy who I don't know. :D Anyway, after Bao Chun Lai quickly dispatched the guy who I have no clue was, I went for a quick snack and went back to see the MD, Malaysia VS Indonesia. I made a quick bet with a friend that Indonesia will win. Indonesia prevailed and I won 5 bucks. Then, the next highlight of the evening will be Ronald Susilo against Peter Gade. RS put up a good fight during the first set but was quickly brought down during the second set and lost two matches in a row. Then, the Singaporean viewers looked for a consolation prize. The MD. Singapore was playing against Denmark and the first match was already won. Denmark changed its strategy and started playing more aggresive shots and turned up the offense. They took the second set and on the third set, the two doubles teams fought valiantly against each other and it came down to 22-22. Denmark prevailed and the audience, applauded Denmark's victory, and the Singaporean's fighting spirit. Another good match was CH against Hafiz. CH displayed his arsenal of deceptive shots and wrist flicks. Hafiz put up a good fight but lost the rubber match. Overall, I had an awesome time and am seriously looking forward to the Semi-finals tommorow.

2. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

Oh, and ermm, I got a cool new shirt. XD

3. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Oops, I got 3 shirts, 2 t-shirts and 3 shorts. Feeling so very guilty now. Got to punish myself with bread and water diet for the next few weeks. ;)

4. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

is all the goods in massive discount?

5. badMania

badMania Regular Member

You can get a T-Shirt from S$15 onwards. I nearly bought one myself...but finally decided to save on the money and buy a WC jersey later on :D

6. Xanify

Xanify Regular Member

I wanted to get one of those Yonex wind breakers that look so cool but they were so expensive. And no. No massive discounts. There were a pair of pants that were being sold for 30 bucks. Japan-made they said.

7. elwin81

elwin81 Regular Member

wow, that is cheap.
    are u going to WC in Mardrid?
    I might go............

8. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    The VeryCool shirts are selling for S$50. I saw those VeryCool shirts selling for S$70+ in Queensway and Sportslink before. So I grab the VeryCool ones. :D

9. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    during the last few days at the stadium , Verycool stuffs is actually being sold at 15% lesser than then normal price that they put.

10. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    Don't forget you also grab the signatures of all the cool lady players for free you - devil of a man from the East! :cool:

11. EastDevil

EastDevil Regular Member

What job?
    Oops... you got me. haha :D