my new Alpha Shuttle Express

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Apr 4, 2009.

1. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Oh that, you have unscrew one of the mounting columns and adjust it until the shoulder supports are in the right place. It's a pain compared to a regular machine but you get to do it. :crying:

2. ph_leung

ph_leung Regular Member

I fix things
    I've gone as high as ~37lbs (manual prestretched). As mentioned by Pete, you can effectively shift the support positions by adjusting top and down position.

3. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Thanks for the comments, I feel a bit stupid for not realising that the top an bottom positions could be adjusted to change the position of the side supports. Will have to give that a go. Certainly gives me confidence that you have strung to 37 lbs. Way too high for me but good to know. I do want to try a high tension stinging job but the racquet would be essentially unusable for me and I don't want to risk breaking a racquet.

4. yanansi

yanansi Regular Member

hi, would you mind tell that how long is the screw attach to the side support(white) and what size it is(the diameter of the hole which it sit in). thanks

#84 yanansi, Apr 8, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  5. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Yanansi,

I have taken a photo of the side support when removed from the stringing machine. I will attach the photo soon if you are still interested.

Also, out of interest, do you think it would be possible to modify this stringing machine. Would the stringing machine be big enough to handle the wise? Could you put on a fixed clamp? That would be pretty cool.

6. yanansi

yanansi Regular Member

hi Laowai
    please attach the pic please.

about the modification, i need some measurement from you for example the Bar and the distance allowed on the bar by the turntable.
    IMO fixed clamp base is impossible right now. i dont think that the bar supporting the turntable is strong enough. if you really need fix clamp, upgrade to revo4000 maybe an option.

let me know and i will provide the dimension of my wise.

7. Laowai

Laowai Regular Member

Here's a photo of the side support-

[​IMG]

The pound has dropped relative to the AUD so a wise tension head would not be that expensive. Still I think I am just dreaming.

8. yanansi

yanansi Regular Member

thanks for the pic m8