N90iii replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Dlee, Oct 4, 2023.

1. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Hi all,

My partner’s n90iii is on the brink of breaking so she is looking for a replacement.

A 3U, even-balance, medium stiff shaft and a fat head/sweetspot would be ideal.

Any recommendations?

2. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    Well the N90iv/900b calibar would be the one as per your specs

Dlee likes this.
  3. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

Ta Vivek

We have both the n90iv and 900b and she found them a little too stiff for her liking.

She is looking at the tectonic 7 boost as it appears to share very similar specs (stiffness and BP) -> got a combat version in the meantime which has lovely feedback on the stringbed but again a smidge too stiff for her (like a goldilock bear ha!)

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.
  4. Vivek Bagadhi

Vivek Bagadhi Regular Member

Doctor
    I get that you are talking about the plain Tectonic 7 which is a boost variant, has a med flexible shaft and as per what I know it is available in 4U. As you said she found even the T7C stiffer, she might want somewhere around a medium to med flex in stiffness. Tectonic 7 would fit but that is a 4U weight class racquet.

If you are looking specifically in Li Ning then do look into the boost models or the new axforce 80, Halbertec 8000. And I guess she might like the Halbertec the most.:D

5. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

That is a surprise; I assumed that all boosts are 3U and the combats were the HH and stiffer versions of the boosts for those of us who like the rear court but confusingly it might not always be the case.

I think she will stick to the tectonics for now because she does like the 7C -> she will probably use this for ladies matches where more firepower is needed and switch to the normal 7 (when/if they are back in stock) and use that for mixed :)

Vivek Bagadhi likes this.