Need help to play Badminton in Schaumburg, IL, USA

Discussion in 'USA East' started by sands, Apr 5, 2017.

1. sands

sands Regular Member

Service
    Hi Guys

My name is Sanford. I will relocating to Chicago in a couple of months. I probably would live at in Schaumburg. Heard of Egret Badminton in Schaumburg, IL.
    1. How is Egret Badminton as a place to play. Some genuine feedback will help.
    2. Does anyone know if they provide courts on an hourly rental basis. If yes what are the timings?
    3. What is the hourly cost?
    4. Are there any other Badminton Exclusive places to play in or close around Schaumburg, IL besides Egret Badminton?

I have been playing in Badminton for the last 10 years. I need help in joining a group that plays badminton regularly in or around Schaumburg, IL.

Thanks for your help
    Warm Regards
    Sanford

#1 sands, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  2. Leo Yoo

Leo Yoo New Member

Sanford, did you get any feedback from somebody? I am visiting Schaumburg and will stay for a month. I am also looking for a court and players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. snoptro

snoptro New Member

Egret is my favorite badminton club/gym in Chicagoland so far.

1. It's is a badminton-only gym. Nice tournament-grade mat flooring, 9 courts, open everyday. Gets busy some days during certain hours but they have a pretty good system: Hang rackets by the court (no double-racking!), and wait no more than two games. Generally high level of play, and good diversity here.
    2. Are you interested in private rental? If so, they do do private events from time to time. Otherwise, it's all open play. Weekend is less restrictive (come alone as you wish), but on weekdays they generally ask that you come in pairs. The only time they're closed to the public is during tournaments and of course holidays.
    3. $10 walk-in. Play all day if you wish. You can also purchase a membership (makes sense if you go more than once a week), or punch cards (saves you around 10%).
    4. The only other badminton-only clubs that I know of are Midwest Badminton in Naperville (out west) and Shannon Pohl in Vernon Hills (way up north). For mixed-use gyms, there's also YMCA in Oak Park (Tues 8pm-10pm, Thurs 8:30pm-10pm, Sun 1pm-3:30pm), Jessie White park district downtown (Thurs night), Chinatown (Ping Tom park), McKinley Fieldhouse (south), etc.
    Extra: They also have restringing service, a pro shop, and a couple of ping pong tables.

bestindigital likes this.
  4. RiceMonster

RiceMonster New Member

I'm visiting in a couple days and was wondering how the "open gym" concept works. How do you decide when would be good to go? Here in the UK there are dedicated sessions with specific times to attend a club's open night.

In this case when would be a good time to go and play at Egret?