Need recommendation on budget friendly racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Cloudx, Aug 27, 2023.

1. Cloudx

Cloudx Regular Member

Hi guys, I'm currently using Yonex 77Pro as my main racket. Im looking to get a backup racket which will not burn a hole in my pocket, so I could use some recommendation from you all.

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

2. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

What are you looking for in a racket. If you want something similar to the 77pro why not go for a cheaper alternative 77play performs equally as good. Or maybe a used 77pro or OG77 if you feel like you're comfortable with the racket

3. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

The string in my NF1000z broke recently and I went to using my older racquets while I waited for it to get restrung.

Did a day with Astrox nextage. I played terribly. Did a day with Nanoray800. Did even worse. Did a day with the (nanoray I think) iSpeed as I felt it deserved a second chance because I hated it after playing 2 games with it originally.

Also did a day with NanoFlare800lt, and it still isn't great for my elbow.

Why am I telling you all this? Get racquets that are the same. Or extremely similar. You'll enjoy yourself more. And if you can get a racquet you love that is suitable for both singles and doubles, even better (I use Astrox100zz for the rare singles games I play).

If you are planning on getting a 77play like the above user advises, be aware it might not have every exact specification that the pro has. I am looking on getting a NF1000z play, but am very aware that is it more flexible in the shaft.

4. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    +1 for looking for a second hand 77Pro

5. Kwarevo

Kwarevo Regular Member

77 game or play

pootisfoib likes this.
  6. Nyamsus

Nyamsus New Member

To put it simply, go get the 77 Play. You will thank people who recommended it.
    I am using both 77 Pro and Play myself.

7. clashvij

clashvij New Member

Even 77 tour will be 50% cheaper

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

8. BadmintonDave

The coach who leads the Junior Saturday group I coach at talked to me about racquets when I said my NF1000z broke this week.

An Apacs representative had let her try a bunch of racquets and she was super impressed by the Apacs Stardom 800 racquet. I had a swing of it myself while the children were busy and I didn't hate it.

Annoyingly there isn't anything online about the spec, only that it's for intermediate and higher players and £35-£50. Felt very slightly head heavy and she described it as "hitting them out without even trying on clears".

A Facebook post describes it as medium flex

9. BadmintonDave

You don't have to be an arse.

The Vsmash page will never appear on the first page of google results, it's not even my local currency £.

The official apacs webpage I found only had the 80 models. Not the 800.

I buy all my racquets from direct badminton. The page doesn't even allow you to select up to 35lbs of tension for restringing it.

10. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    vsmash isn't in my local currency either and it was the 4th result down, i linked the official apacs page, i even linked to a UK page considering your stated location, and nowhere on this thread was your tension or shop preference detailed as a prohibitive factor

happy smashing.

11. BadmintonDave

You stated I posted incorrect information. The racquet can go up to 35lbs. Direct badminton don't have that information on the page is my point.

Thanks

12. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    lol ok, really don't know what you're on about... your incorrect information was "there isn't anything online about the spec".

this is getting worse, bye.