New Arcsaber 7 Pro?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Rammler, Jun 4, 2022.

1. ice man

ice man Regular Member

Tried this racquet, strung with BG80 at 25lbs, my usual setup.

My go to racquet is the auraspeed HS 4U, BG80 25lbs.

What to say… when held in hand, felt very much like my auraspeed HS, when dry swinging too, but when playing, it just feels soft.

Very close to the auraspeed HS power wise and manoeuvrability wise, but less lively… it’s kinda hard to give pace to the shuttle, the hold time is there, but I didn’t had this impression with arc11, one of my all time favorite.

To me it’s a good racquet for someone who plays with nanoflare 700 but wants more power, or someone who likes soft feeling racquets

After one hour, was eager to pick up my auraspeed, and was happy to sell it…

2. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    It seems that many of those who use the Astrox 88S Pro changed to the Arcsaber 7 Pro. Even Rui Hirokami who just won the Indonesia Masters with Yuna Kato changed from the Astrox 88S Pro to the Arcsaber 7 Pro.

I'm tempted to try the Arcsaber 7 Pro to understand why those who use the Astrox 88S Pro before decided to switch to it.

3. Signature

Signature Regular Member

The pro's version of the racket may not necessairily be the same as the store version.

ucantseeme likes this.
  4. akatsuki2104

akatsuki2104 Regular Member

Has anyone tried the Tour version?

5. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

I have the tour version although I am currently waiting for it to be restrung as it is still got factory strings

First impressions though are that it is much more flexible than rackets I usually use (AX88s, n90iv and BS12)

Easy-access to power so long as my swing is not too fast -> not used to the timing

Personally prefer this compared to the 11 pro

pootisfoib likes this.
  6. akatsuki2104

I have the 7 pro and love it over the 11 pro. I was just wondering if the 7 tour has a little more weight on the head compared to the 7 pro (as I saw some youtube videos measuring the balance point and the tour was slightly head heavier than the 7 tour)

7. Dlee

Dlee Regular Member

ckyew has done a nice comparison video between the pro, tour and play for arc7 where he found the tour is very slightly head-lighter

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  8. neverdien

neverdien Regular Member

Can you please do a quick comparison between the 11pro and 7pro?
    I am tempted to jump on the train, just need a little push...

9. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

There's 2 videos comparing 7 pro to 11pro on the second page of this thread

neverdien likes this.
  10. NickifiedNg

How's the racket like since it's been out for some time. Has there been a change in perspective. Revisiting this post, I'm looking into buying on to test it out.

11. akatsuki2104

It's still my main racket (sometimes switching to the nf800). It's such an easy racket to play with, super control. It does lack a bit of power but my style of play doesn't rely on smashes.

12. NickifiedNg

I'm wondering for the NF800 should I get the 4u or 3u.

13. badmintonpog1

badmintonpog1 Regular Member

Wannabe
    I managed to get a new JP-coded version of the Arcsaber 7 Pro months later for 165! It's quite different from what I'm used to with the 88S Pro, being less head heavy & more flexible. I honestly quite like it. Leaning towards rackets that are easy to use & are user-friendly. Like Arcsaber 11/7 Play/Pro...

Bit difficult to get smashes in but that is based on my technique. But everything other shot goes to the other side of the court with ease. Might get another one.

14. akatsuki2104

I'm so used to the 4U weight i couldn't play well with the 3U version so for me, it's the 4U all the way. I feel it is a bit head heavier than my arcsaber 7 but not by much. Just what it is needed for the extra oomph that I lacked. The feel are quite different though. The arcsaber is softer, more on the control side, the nf is more direct, stiffer, harder to play

15. DinB

DinB Regular Member

I have a rather strange take on this racket. From the profile, it seems to be a manœuvrable, user-friendly racket. After a couple of sessions, I'm starting to doubt this. This is a true balanced racket, almost head light. I don't think there are many rackets like this anymore in the market (maybe the 1000z is one?).

Most categorized as balanced are actually slightly head heavy. My main racket now is the 11pro, which I feel is a bit stiffer but also a bit head heavier. I think for most players, a bit of head weight is the key to manœuvrability. Net shots, drop shots, smashes are much easier to control. Late shots are much more forgiving.

A true balanced racket like the Arc 7 pro provides none of that. It gives you speed, but probably nothing else. You need to be VERY strong to be able to generate power from this racket. I tried playing singles with it. Absolutely horrible experience. I was unable to hit good clears to the rear court, whereas I had none of that issue with my usual Arc11 pro. No wonder the pros using this racket are people like Dechapol (the Thai XD back court player). I wonder if this racket profile somehow contributes to harder smashes if you are already strong (like the 1000z). It probably allows for faster swing speed compared to head heavier rackets. But again if you are a casual player, it's not very user-friendly.

I don't even know how to categorize this racket anymore. It's something contradictory: A fast, light, but not very user-friendly?

raven1121 likes this.
  16. akatsuki2104

It's the complete opposite for me. I find it really user friendly as I can do everything effortless except for my smashes but that's my techniques, not the racket. You have to be really relaxed and smooth. If use with "brute force", it won't indeed get anywhere

17. DinB

DinB Regular Member

Told you my take was "strange" :D. It's my opinion on true balanced/head light rackets. To give you a background, my main rackets are "speedy" rackets like Auraspeed 90s, BS12 SE, N90IV, strung with 25-26lbs. Recently I shifted to Arc11 pro which I had to adjust quite a bit but in the end it felt ok. With all these rackets, using "brute force" like you said would be useless. My point is this: with my current technique, with being "really ralaxed and smooth" in mind, my other rackets perform better than the Arc7 pro in almost all aspects. Perhaps the Arc7 has the advantage in speed, but my other rackets come very close, or perform even better, especially the Victor rackets, due to the sword frame. In general, I think Yonex frames are really lacking in design and innovation compared to its competitors.

akatsuki2104 likes this.
  18. akatsuki2104

Yup, it really depends on personnal taste/technique. You make me want to try these Victor speedy racket though !

19. ice man

ice man Regular Member

I don’t agree with the assumption that it’s lacking in the power department, I started again to play with this racquet and it gave me a way better impression. To the point I ended my season with it as my main racquet.

I’m using 4U even balanced racquets and from those I tested over the year (auraspeed 100X, HS, 90k2, nanoflare 700, 800) it’s the most allround out of the bunch, you can do whatever you want with this one, even the smash is good, and it’s a delight in singles as long as you don’t want it to be a one hit power play racquet

20. Sensates

Sensates Regular Member

Interesting take. I'm more interested in speed rackets nowadays after using Astroxes for a while and realizing my problems are mostly defending, not attacking. These days I prefer 100zz to Arc11Pro as I find the saber not as stable (could be the string?-exb63)or fast. The 1000z looks like the one I should try next, but the amounts of broken frame here not very encouraging.