New Badminton Centre, Richmond BC

Discussion in 'RichmondPro Badminton Centre' started by madbad, Jun 12, 2006.

1. wwcbro

wwcbro Regular Member

Best put in my bit of observation...after being "dragged" in by WWC's comment:D

Did dropped in about a week ago just to hit around and I concurred with most of the observations made by others. As for the mat being less "grippy" it is all relative...If the mat is squeaky clean it will be be more "grippy" :) When I commented the mat is not as grippy...it is not that you will slide all over the place. It a million times more grippy that any wooden floor. It is a positive comment. The underpads, I feel is equal or better than C2. The back wall, well, it is there. The only other minor point is the net...the holes in the net are just the right size that if you smash into the net the shuttle will stuck there. So, another learning tool for "Why you must prepare for your smash":D
    No comment on the comparison with Cameron Community Centre, as I have never played there before.
    Other than that, I enjoyed myself and thank you to Madbad, Richard, Edward & Tim.

wood_chuck_22, Yeah the NSS 21-points I felt is great. I think as time goes, you can actually played an actual game..i.e the best 2 of 3. Exactly, it does creat a new approach to certain aspects of the game.
    wonder, if viver,taneepak,chai et al...are going to hijack this thread now:D

Pete_LSD, way to go..playing with plastic birds.:D :D :D

#61 wwcbro, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  2. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Now that you mentioned it, there were a few occasions where shuttle got stuck during our games:eek:.

3. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Yes, many thanks to Madbad, Richard, Edward and Tim for a wonderful experience.

Now now, let's not tempt an off topic discussion from you know whom :D.

I used to play with nylons many years ago. The initial feel is funny to say the least. You should try it sometime ;).

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hi Everyone

Good News! The Badminton Centre is scheduled to open on Sunday 9 July. Hours will be 9am -11pm. We have a few little things to clear up but as far as the courts are concerned, they're ready. I'm off to a meeting now and will provide an update later on. Thank you

mb

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Ha ha... one day we may be able to afford to fly you first class, you never know :D :D

6. speed78

speed78 Regular Member

Thanks Richard & Madbad for the amusive night, I would say the club was satisfactory.:) Got an idea of drop-in people....the club can provide checkered card for whoever collected ten stamps may get one free drop-in, exactly as same as those pearl bubble tea shop's favored style, I think it helps to retain the constant customers.

#66 speed78, Jul 7, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  7. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Ten stamps for one free? Hmmm, that's leave the marketing to Richard and investors ;).

8. BingoB

BingoB Regular Member

The 4th badminton centre in Richmond is going to open in September. It is about the size of Clear1 (with 6 courts) and is less than 3 min walk from RichmondPro (Minoru/Alderbridge). I think Richmond is the only city in Canada/North America that has so many badminton centres and courts.

9. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Where is this one? I don't think Richmond is able to substain all four locations but I may be wrong.

10. wing-omega5-0

wing-omega5-0 Regular Member

Student(uni)
    my coach(who is presumably opening it) told me it was going to be behind tim hortons :confused:?

11. viver

viver Regular Member

You are just a wizard. How did you know I would come here? :D

I haven't played this 21x3. In the past in our training sessions I played:
    - 15x3, server score;
    - 15x3, rally score (similar to 21x3);
    - 15x3, 1 using server score and another rally score; etc...

I think the 21x3 is not much different than the 15x3, rally score. Personally I did not like it at all. It just has to do with my playing style. In this type of game I had the most trouble against the guys that were fast with very good smashes but not so good at placement shots. ;)

12. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    Now now, let's keep this topic off this thread :D.

13. Pete LSD

Pete LSD Regular Member

Soul Searching
    You should start a new thread instead of cutting off the RichmondPro one.

14. viver

viver Regular Member

No problem at all ;). I was just letting WWCBRO know that I wasn't that unfamiliar with this system :D

15. BingoB

BingoB Regular Member

Pete LSD, mind your own business. I have some reasons I don't want to start a new thread. At the moment I just want people to know there will be another new badminton centre coming soon. As you may have noticed, the name of this thread is "New Badminton Centre, Richmond BC" and I did not write anything off this topic. If you are not happy with this information, turn your eyes away from it. It's your privilege not to see it, but it is also my privilege to write wherever I want.

16. madbad

madbad Regular Member

Hi BingoB

I think PeteLSD is only echoing the common courtesy of Badminton Central protocol of not hijacking someone else's thread. If you don't mind, please start up a new thread and we can keep discussions on both these facilities separate. Thanks :)
    mb

17. TTT

TTT Regular Member

Here's some pics...hopefully it gives people and idea about the environment there! :)

pic.JPG

pic2.JPG

pic3.JPG

pic4.JPG

18. TTT

TTT Regular Member

The name of this subforum is RicmondPro Badminton Centre. ;)
    We don't know your reasons of posting in this thread of this particular forum, so people will have to use our own interpretation and inferences, whether they are good or bad.

Oh ya, Pete LSD has the same "privilege" as you do. He can respond to your posting bascially any way he wants (subject to profanity I guess :) ). Hope you recognize that. Also, posting information in public and then telling people to mind their own business...does it make sense to you? You wanted to get the word out right...but don't you want some feedback though?

Oh by the way, there are moderators in this forum. So no, you can't really write whatever and wherever you want. ;)

19. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    BingoB,

Let me give you some suggestion, buddy.

The best thing in BC/BF is, the mods tend to give us a lot of freedom in discussion, instead of using rather robust/over-strict rules. There's no need to use a lawyer-like statement to argue about a word or a title. Whatever your intention is, it seems not-accpetable by a lot of other members in the forum, including me. If you want to introduce something new, it's always welcome to share. However, intentionally hijack other threads, it's not acceptable any time.

What do you mean by you can write whatever you want? Can I just drive the cars like zip-zap on the road, and claim, since it belongs to the public, I can do whatever I want, and others can't even complain?

Give you some advice. If you want to make friends here, rather than being the public enemy, please behave. We welcome different ideas, but we don't accept mis-behaved manners. If you want to against such rules, and still go for your "boundless freedom", the BingoB user name will be disappear very soon, I suppose...

Good luck... :cool:

#79 LazyBuddy, Jul 9, 2006
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2006
  20. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer

Great to see so many BF buddies around! I will book this place, for my next trip in vancouver for sure. ;)