New dunlop branded rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by azharinor, Jul 20, 2005.

1. azharinor

azharinor Regular Member

SAP Consultant Analyst
    Recently, I went to sport shops and came across dunlop brand rackets. They look pretty good and I thought of buying one of them. They are about 6 or 7 different types of rackets from the cheapest to the most expensive.

I know that they are all new brand rackets but did not get more info from the shops assistant. I tried a google search for at least a website for it but not much info surfaced.

Has any bought this racket? Please share your story.

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    if i'm right (please correct me if not..) i think dunlop is the parent company of carlton, slazenger and head. Seeing as head and carlton are quite big brands, head and dunlop are epsecially big in tennis (altho babolat seems to be making an impression - anybody see andy roddick's racquet at wimbledon.. couldn't believe a badminton brand doing so well in tennis)

they could be building on the brand base there. wouldn't surprise me if the dunlop racquets are old carlton models...

3. Trance

Trance Regular Member

Student ;)
    I have an old Dunlop Boron Graphite racquet from about at least 16 years ago. It's pretty good. Excellent control and maintains very good string tension. The problem is a lack of power. I'm not sure whether all Dunlop racquets are like this, but with the one I have, it is still usable.

4. adidas_lee

adidas_lee Regular Member

Regional sales manager
    Dunlop racket

Hi,
    Have u seen one of the old Dunlop wooden racket before. They are the first manufacturer of early batch of wooden rackets, which u need to use wooden clamp frame to ensure they dont warp during storage. Dunlop produces these rackets at the same time, there was another brand called Silverbird? So, Dunlop do have experience in mking rackets but later they seem to discontinue their production.
    Only Wilson came out with Nano technology earlier than Yonex.
    Adidas Lee;) :p