One racket for all disciplines - singles, doubles, mixed

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Andreas Kihlgren, Sep 27, 2023.

1. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

Do you use the same or different rackets for different disciplines?

What rackets are suitable if you want to use one racket? A racket with enough stability for singles but enough speed for doubles..

Currently looking att 88d pro and 100zz

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    When I did play all three, I used the same racquet.

As for suggestions, it's highly personal. Sticking to one model of racquet will let you understand the strengths and weaknesses of that racquet better.

s_mair and speCulatius like this.
  3. gimmeracquet

gimmeracquet Regular Member

It depends on a lot of things, as we all have different levels of skills, our abilities are not the same, and our preferences and playing styles are also different.
    With that said, I agree with Cheung that playing with one racket that you are used to the most, will make that racket the one that gives you the best games.
    If you really have to choose, then I think 100ZZ is among the best, it's more than good enough for both singles and doubles. 88D Pro is also a decent choice.
    Me personally, I would pick 100ZZ, 77 Pro, 1000Z, Duora 10, Axforce 100, Halbertec 8000, and TKFE, as very good to great rackets for both singles and doubles.

4. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

It's all personal preference, but all-around rackets like Arcsaber 11 pro, Astrox 77 pro, Ryuga 2, Auraspeed 90kii, Axforce 80 would all work well.

5. NickifiedNg

NickifiedNg Regular Member

A common suggestion would be for
    Singles and Male XD player to opt for a slightly head heavier racket just cuz that extra ommph in the shot is highly beneficial.
    While Doubles play would usually go for a even balance to headlight just cuz of the fast paced nature of the game.

However, like everyone said already. Find a racket that is most comfortable for your playstyle is probably more logical to not mess up your shot timing everytime you change to another discipline

6. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

You need really good technique / shoulder arm and wrist to get the most out of the Astrox 100zz. I got one within the first few months of it releasing and I can't play for 2-4 hours with it without my shoulder hurting.

Logically, you'd want the same racquet for all the disciples. But you could get away with having a "smashing" racquet for singles and a headlight or balanced racquet for doubles

7. Andreas Kihlgren

Andreas Kihlgren Regular Member

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I currently have 77 pro in 4u but feel it's a bit too light and flexy for singles for me personally.

I decided to go crazy and order both 88dp and 100zz in 4u. Let's see what the result is. :)

8. BadmintonDave

BadmintonDave Regular Member

For sure.

Astrox 100zz is a popular racquet at some clubs I have been at. If you really master it, then the difficult handling (defending and fancy net shots) is a weakness of the racquet you can overcome.