Peter Gade vs. André Agassi!?!?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by Hasse, Aug 10, 2001.

1. Hasse

Hasse Guest

Re: Huh?

Hi OJ,

What country are you from? Is this sport going on anywhere else than in Sweden and Finland?

Myself, I am from Sweden, and I am actually planning to go to Gothenburg myself and see if I can challenge anyone. I used to be a decent badminton player and I have spent time with all the other three sports as well.

2. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    The Finnish are the best racket players(!)
    Check it out on www.racketlon.com! They won everything in Racketlon World Open 2001.

3. Robbie

Robbie Regular Member

IT
    Racketlon in Gothenburg

Hi,
    Any of you racquet addicts entering this competition on the 3rd-5th November?

Robbie

4. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    Between Agassi and Gade, I would bet my money on Gade anytime..

1) He will definitively have better stamina and wrist for the squash event..

2) I have no idea who of them would be best at table-tennis.. But my gut-feel says Gade.

3) Agassi would beat gade about as much in tennis as Gade would beat Agassi in Badminton, would be my guess..

/Twobeer

5. morewood

morewood Regular Member

Sounds like a good way to smash your wrist up, Badminton and Tenis are very diferent games. (As are squash and table tenis).

6. martin8768

martin8768 New Member

sudent
    hahah i will own at this sport!! hahah, im on my home towns competitive tennis team, i play badminton(duh:p), i own a tennis table and i play everyday(i really own) and i can play squash(not great) but i will win 3-1 probably haha:p:p
    add: i can change between a badminton wrist, tennis, squash, table tennis wrist :)

7. Californian

Californian Regular Member

SystemicAnomaly is correct, although I think it was earlier than that--like the late 70s. It was called Rackets and appeared on the CBS network. It came about after the success of the Superstars competition. Rackets featured top players from each of the racket sports--tennis, badminton, squash, racketball, and table tennis--playing each other in the sports other than their own. The idea was to find the best all-around racket sport player. It was held for only two years. The same Indian squash player won both years, and maybe that's why it lasted only those two years.

Bjorn Borg was the tennis representative for one of the years. Danny Seemiller (unsure of the spelling) represented table tennis. Morten Frost was the badminton player the first year. I guess his English wasn't good, because they didn't interview him--they hardly even showed him. The second year, they got US champion Chris Kinard, who was able to be interviewed. I don't remember how the badminton players did overall. Borg won the badminton competition the year he was in it. I remember hearing that he played badminton recreationally.