Predicting Indian Representation in Paris

Discussion in 'India Professional Players' started by Airos, Aug 12, 2021.

1. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    I read your post, not disagreeing with it.

I am just saying, since LS decided take the tough/unworn path of PPBA, he will bump into situations which he can reduce otherwise.
    It is like any competitive exam setting, one need a good institute/teacher/peer group/alum to look up to etc to make things easier.

The way LS lost interest against half fit HKV (was it AE?), it still gives me chills.

2. Baddie lover

Baddie lover Regular Member

I think its because LS has been in PPBA his whole life, he's more comfortable there with his own coaches. Because of this, he doesn't want to go to PGBA. Had it been centralized centre, he may have gone with his dad. But because he has to go to PGBA, Padukone Academy may feel the credit will go to Gopi. In the past, we have seen players going to other academy, maybe in future LS will do the same.

3. Airos

Airos Regular Member

This list was posted by badmuse.
    I wonder if any of the following can become India's An Se-Young and qualify.

[​IMG]

I also notice that Vaishnavi Reddy , Rasika Raje and Shreyanshi Pardeshi who have been in top 100-150 are no longer there. I wonder how much covid had to do with their drop in ranking.

4. Baddyforall

Baddyforall Regular Member

Dont expect too much from girls. They are just average. They are not in the league of international players. Atleast not now.
    Vaishnava was injured it seems. She used to participate in every possible tour without any good result. Wasted her money . That's all. And also, their fight with Gopichand acadrmy, everybody knew about it.
    Shreyanshi does not have fast pace movement. I always thought she is a local level player. If she wants to be An Se Young , well , I dont need to say the amount of hard work she has to put.
    Tasnim Mir and Umaya farooq, I am expecting these both to step forward. But it all depends upon themselves.

Sumanth99, Baddie lover and Airos like this.
  5. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Is RBI sponsoring some of our female "not so elite" shuttlers?

Seen these ads many times during tokyo olympics. The girls are apparently -
    Rasika Raje
    Krishna Priya Kudaravalli
    Meghna Jagampudi
    Poorvisha S Ram
    K Maneesha

Of these girls, I have only seen Rasika and Krishna Priya play, and know almost nothing about the other shuttlers.

#25 Airos, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  6. Baddie lover

Some of the juniors (I'm taking time period of 2018-19) I'm looking forward to -

MS- Maisnam, Priyanshu, Sankar (need to see more of him)

WS- Samiya, Tasnim
    MD- Sai Podile, Vishnu, Manjit-Dingku

WD- Aditi Bhatt/Tanisha Crasto , Meghana Reddy ( I think she partnered with Tasnim, assuming Tasnim will prefer singles. Meghana would be given new partner)

XD- Ishan Bhatnagar/Tanisha Crasto.

In 2019 WJC, I was most impressed with Ishan/Tanisha.

Maisnam didn't do well, he lost to TPE player twice there if I'm not wrong.

Manjit-Dingku didn't play well either there. But after Dhruv/Krishna. I look forward to Sai/Vishnu and Manjit-Dingku.

Airos likes this.
  7. Baddie lover

Not your fault though. Meghana/Poorvisha was our second best WD pair after Ashwini Sikki not so long ago. They didn't do anything. That shows our depth in WD. Actually, now WD is non existent as Ashwini Sikki winning "silver" in Denmark IC is termed an achievement by PBL and BAI

Airos likes this.
  8. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Haven't seen too much of Samiya and Tasnim.
    Currently watching some of their games on youtube.

It seems Samiya has a habit of giving away quick points in succession with unforced errors.
    Tasnim, though perhaps not as elegant as Samiya, seems to be the stronger player.

9. Baddie lover

I'm keeping hopes on them solely coz Samiya and Tasnim both have won u15 AJC in 2017 and 2019 respectively .

#29 Baddie lover, Aug 14, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
  10. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Given the amount of good athletes North East has given for the country, I have to say I am excited to see them do well in badminton Maisnam, Manjit-Dinku.
    Sankar is a defence raja, his attack is very very weak.
    After Gayatri took a game of TTY in PBL, I developed hopes for her, her calm demeanor fearlessness.

11. Airos

Airos Regular Member

Samiya's u-15 asian championship was one of the games I was watching.
    She definitely has a good game. Need to work on physical strength and stamina a bit.
    While Samiya won the gold in that event, another Indian Aashi Rawat won a bronze.

However, my hopes would go higher if they do it in the main junior events(which is u-19)
    Remember Saina won WJC and Sindhu,Lakshya won AJC - the main one - which are u-19 events.

Also keeping an eye on Tanya Hemanth who recently came runners-up in a senior IC tournament.
    Tanya is about 3 months younger than Samiya.

Samiya's senior ranking is now 184.
    In February,her junior ranking was 2.
    Tasnim Mir's junior ranking was 4.
    Treesa Jolly's was 8.
    Aditi Bhatt's was 10.
    So there was 4 in top 10 juniors.

NE isn't a homogenous group though.
    If I keep out football, then most of the sporting success is from Manipur and Assam.
    And one very rarely hears about a Nagaland sportsperson.
    Nagas themselves are a mix of 20+ tribes speaking different languages and some tribes are rather primitive.

#31 Airos, Aug 15, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2021
  12. Airos

Airos Regular Member

One more thing:
    We were talking about how venues have an effect on psychology in that other thread.
    Next Olympics is in Paris.
    Only Srikanth has won a SS title in France.

And Happy Independence day.:)

13. Baddyforall

I watched everybody's game and I would say Akarshi Kashyap has good net game but she is stiff. She is somebody like Saina.
    Samiya has many shots in her kitty but she is slow and error prone .Tasnim plays very fast and she does not makes too many mistakes.
    In 2019, Even defeated samiya who is 2 years elder than her .
    Roughly speaking Ssmiya is He Bingjiao and Tasnim in Yufei. ( This comparison is just to indicate these two in relation to errors and technique not anything else. )
    Tasnim is steady while playing.

14. Airos

Airos Regular Member

I found this- Kashyap's views on 2021 Olympics.

While a lot of people here are bashing Sai Praneeth - Kashyap makes the point that Sai Praneeth was not allowed to have either his normal coach or his physio during the Tokyo Olympics and that might have affected his game.

Kashyap is also concerned that unless India improves the system - India will not get that much better in the next 10-15 years.

While I agree on many of your points(like Tasnim is less error prone than Samiya), but some of your comparisons looked a little weird to me.

Akarshi did not remind me much of Saina. While Saina has a good net game, she also has has a fierce attack which seems to be lacking in Akarshi.

The Indian girl who reminds me most of He BingJiao is Asmita Chaliha.

Samiya is more like CYF than HBJ because Samiya has some very good strokes like CYF (who has more good strokes than HBJ).

Tasnim - is more difficult - I could not think of any current top player who has a style that is very similar to Tasnim. Tasnim seems to be good all-round player. She has a good body balance, stability and not many weak areas. The only thing is - her screaming reminds me a little of Carolina. She is not that loud though.

I really think Samiya has a lot of potential if she works on her physical aspects - speed, strength, stamina and focus. She has some beautiful strokes and a decent footwork. Not many u-18 in the world right now has that many good strokes.

15. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Very nice and honest talk from PaKa (~Hut in Telugu), respect for him.

Airos likes this.
  16. Sumanth99

Sumanth99 Regular Member

Software Engineer

I think puking and choking in OG will end when there are more players that can win gold medals, then the burden to win a medal will not be as much as it is now. Neeraj gold and Hockey bronze is a very big step in that direction. PV will play more freely in Paris'24, if athletes feel that they are not solely carrying medal hope of an entire nation.

Airos likes this.
  17. Baddyforall

I meant Akashi kashyap's movement is similar to that of Saina. Saina's movement is always not free flow but laboured. Her hard work gave what she has now. That's why I compared her to saina. See, weshould not talk about any other achievements since these girls are young.
    Angry again, I again clearly mentioned that samiya's errors are compared to He bingjiao .

Tasnim is steady and consistent. Her movement is very light and free. So , she reaches the shuttle early.

Airos likes this.
  18. Airos

Airos Regular Member

OK, I get it.
    Please don't be angry.

19. Airos

Airos Regular Member

paka means hut in telugu?

20. Baddyforall

Oops . No @Airos, not angry at all.
    When I wrote 'And again', I wrote it without gap and autospell check converted it to 'Angry again'.
    Lol

I come to your Private messages. Cheers

Airos likes this.