[Review] Mizuno Fortius 11 Quick

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Zoap San, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Have been using Mizuno Fortius 11 Quick as my main racket for 2 months now. This racket have been super duper popular among Thai market so I decided to give this racket a chance since I have been looking for an all-round racket that is decent in control aspect.

Racket Specs
    Balance Point : Head heavy (300mm)
    Weight: 4UG6
    String: VBS 66 Nano (27lbs) and Mizuno 65R (27lbs)
    Shaft: Stiff

Initial Impression
    Holding this racket felt on the heavier side and swinging felt smooth and lighter than what I was expecting. The frame is rounded-boxed but surprisingly cuts through air very smooth. The handle is longer than I'm used to lead to a shorter shaft making this racket feel pretty stiff but it's a "smooth" stiff (very hard to describe). Paint jobs are good as expected of mizuno but I don't like the glossy finish, Fortius 10 matt finish is a whole lot better IMO.

Drives
    Very smooth and fast is my first impression when I drive with this racket. The racket felt just right through the air for me. The repulsion is good but not a speed racket great like 100X or 1000Z but it is enough for me to put pressure and generate fast enough shuttle speed to go for fast rallies. The racket itself is fast, it's felt somewhere between 88D pro and 88S pro. I can control drive trajectory very easily with 11 quick. Would say it's on the level of halbertec 8000 and Arc 11 pro level of trajectory control which is one of the best in the market. The racket does have a little bit of hold but not as much as 11 pro, more like 88D Pro hold. Only bad thing I found on this racket is that the sweet spots are somewhat on the smaller size but it's not that small though good enough for beginners to play with them but just a bit on the smaller side.

Smash
    Decent, This racket is not designed for a 1 hit killer anyway and people who choose this racket does not look for that Ryuga,88D Pro smash. If you're a power player, Fortius 11 Power is there for a reason. 11 Quick does pack some punch though. It's more like, 1 smash a net kill mid-court follow-up. The impact on this racket felt amazing, Solid and soft with little to no vibration. Basically what I wanted free-core to feel like.
    The shaft is stiff but there's a give to the shaft while playing power shot and that gives a little bit of a power.
    11 Quick will not produce you a steep smash unless you have decent technique, an all-arm smash will fly out of the court. Half smash and stick smash felt just amazing. Would say it's one of the best feeling racket in the market right now.

Defense
    Good, not complain. The racket is fast enough to return all of the smashes and that's depends on the user. The racket does help with the repulsion so back-court lift is not hard either.

Control + Net Shot
    Hands down, one of the best racket in control aspect, The shuttle goes where I wanted it to go. The okay repulsion on this racket does help on tight net shots. Drop shots are easy to play. Mid court control are great, trajectory control is the key of making me like this racket, when I normally use speed racket like HS 100X 1000Z etc. while it's easy to get behind the shuttle and hit, due to a lot of head speed I found that I cannot control the trajectory and the power of the shot well.

Conclusion
    One of the best racket in the market right now. But due to the price and a very limited availability, this racket is expensive and it's hard to find even in Japan (Went to japan 3 weeks ago and all shops I went 11Quick are out of stock). If you want a racket that's somewhere between 88D pro and 88S pro, this racket is the best racket for it. It can do everything well + good feeling racket. Any questions are welcome.

My Current Racket
    2X Mizuno Fortius 11 Quick
    Forza Precision 11X
    Victor Hypersonic
    Lining Halbertec 8000
    Mizuno Acrospeed 1 Focus (Japan released 1 week ago) Will write a review once I played with this racket a bit more.

Budi likes this.
  2. Budi

Budi Regular Member

I guest speed racket is owning the era today. Everything around speed is more heated than power one.

Btw had you ever tried its brother 11P?
    & How was the stiffness of 11Q compare to 88DP or 100ZZ.

3. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Fortius 11 Power is probably equivalent to 88D Pro but a tad bit softer shaft. I do preferred 11 Power over 88D pro due to softer shaft and softer impact feeling. But 88D pro do pack just a bit more punch in smashing power.

I would say the stiffness is closer to 77 Pro, so softer than both you've mentioned above.

Budi likes this.
  4. Raju

Raju Regular Member

Great review buddy, but the price tag is steep for this one man.
    A bit out of the topic, how is 65R string? If you have to compare it to yonex or lining range, which will be the closest.

5. pootisfoib

pootisfoib Regular Member

How does fortius 10 compare to 11? From what I’ve read there’s not much difference.

6. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

I've recently tried Fortius 10 Power and Fortius 11 Power side-by-side. I would say, Fortius 11 Power is a lot better than Fortius 10 in most of the aspects. Fortius 10 hands down got better paint and design works. But performance wise, 11 Power does alot better. 11 Power have stiffer shaft but it's still smooth, 11 power got better smash and control but 10 power got easier clears with more flexible shaft but it does vibrate a bit when playing power shots. 11 power is a tad bit faster than 10 power. 11 power have better solid impact feel.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to find Fortius 10 Quick in Thailand. I've asked my friend who've tried both 10 and 11. He said 11 Quick is a direct upgrade to the 10 Quick so it's not worth paying the same second hand price.

pootisfoib likes this.
  7. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

how does the acrospeed play like?

8. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

in my honest opinion. 800 pro 3U is better than Acro speed focus. Acro speed got softer shaft but 800 pro 3U does play better in all speed-oriented aggressive plays. I would go for 11 quick or a nanoflare 800 pro 3U rather than acro speed focus, dunno about accel though.

9. pootisfoib

Why 3u 800pro and not 4u?

10. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

800 pro 4U is too headlight for any decent smashes from backcourt, 3U version is not that heavy and very easy to play with even with 3U weight. If you can play with 11 Quick then 800 pro 3U have similar weight IMO. Played with 4U for 10-20 min, it felt too light for a back-court player. front-court player would be good with 4U but for all-round, 3U is my recommendation.

pootisfoib likes this.
  11. Kevin Han

Kevin Han New Member

Is the acrospeed 1 focus head heavy? There seems to be a lack of information on the internet but it seems more head heavy than I expect from the few reviews.

12. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

The Acrospeed Focus balance point is the same as 11 Quick (around 300mm). I think for mizuno, they distribute head weight differently.I have also tried Altius 01 Speed which they said its "head light". The balance point I measured by hand is still 300mm same as my fortius 11 quick which have the same bp but a different head weight distribution (The weight are focused toward T joint).

Fortius (head heavy) => head weight for focus toward top part of the frame therefore, head heavy.
    Altius (Head Light) => head weight for focus toward bottom part of the frame or T joint therefore, head light.
    Acrospeed => head weight for focus toward middle part of the frame. So it's medium head heavy.

I hope this answer your questions. But if my assumptions are wrong please correct me so I can better understand.

pootisfoib likes this.
  13. pootisfoib

How's the Altius 01 Speed? I read it has an aero frame, but the shaft is quite flexible. Is it even softer/more flexible than arc 7 pro?

14. Zoap San

Zoap San Regular Member

Would say it's a little bit more head heavy than 7 pro, 01 Speed fits somewhere between 11 pro and 7 pro. More solid than 7 pro, would say i preferred 01 speed over 7 pro because my smash is better with 01 speed and more of a all round racket compared to 7 pro where I struggle to play rear court with.

pootisfoib likes this.