[Review]Tantrum 200

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Xushi, Feb 3, 2010.

1. Xushi

Xushi Regular Member

being a teen haha.
    So, you've heard the talk, seen the reviews and now you've come to check out my full written review on what I think about the T2, because really, there aren't any comprehensive reviews about it.

Ok so just some background info about the racquet.
    It is a 3U G2 racquet, 88-90g, 285+-5, strung at 24lbs.
    (And my previous racquet to be a Woven 8a)

Fortunately for me, my racquet is one of the lucky few to actually be ON SPEC.

Warmup:
    The first thing I noticed when holding this racquet is the unbelivably good feel to it. The feeling is really, really solid, but also at the same time bears little weight to the feel.
    Adapting to this racquet took a little bit of time, approximately 20 minutes, but after that it cleared/smashed well, and was very "control" intensive. Swinging it was light, manuvreable and responsive to my shots.

Main game:
    After completely testing it, I have noticed a couple of things about the T2.
    The most obvious of these is the sweetspot of the racquet, I found this racquet to be quite unforgiving. If you don't hit in the sweetspot, then basically you get a semi-dead hit. The T2 will only smash well if you can get the sweetspot.
    If you are going to buy this racquet, and you are intermediate or below then I seriously recommend putting the tension on or below 24lbs.
    Other then that, the control and feel are amazing =).

I recommend this racquet for a semi-beginner/intermediate (or above) player.

Pros:
    -Excellent feel
    -Excellent Control
    -Good stability
    -Nice paint job =P
    -Good power IF you can get the sweetspot
    -Feels quite light
    -Should be at least $50 dollars more
    Cons:
    -Stability could be improved
    -May rely on sweetspot
    -May be unforgiving

Rating:
    Control: 10
    Feel: 10
    Power: 8 (for a intermediate), 9.5 (for good technique)
    Stability: 8-9

Overall: 9
    Best part about this racquet is that it will force you to improve on bad technique, because you will notice it in the power.
    I absolutely, positively, recommend this racquet.

Feel free to critique this racquet. =)

2. Erique

Erique Regular Member

I just got a Tantrum 300 and I totally agree with your review, the other racket I have is Woven 7, the Tantrum 300 is like a tamer and user friendly version of Woven 7.
    Thanks for your review.

3. okieoutie

okieoutie Regular Member

IT
    I absolutely agree with your review. I asked/commented on the small sweet spot in the forum at one point. Personally, I find the T200 a bit too light, being 4U. I prefer a bit more weight, like my Woven 9A.

4. gapperonduty

gapperonduty Regular Member

hey guys,

what's the difference between the T200 and T300?

and why would having the weight at 88-90 be considered 4U in okieloute's hand?

and to OP: could you give some kind of comparisons between the T200 and W8? I am thinking of picking up both and would like to be educated on both rackets from you since you are using both!

thanx thanx!