Searching for a balanced racket, Not sure whether I should choose 3U or 4U

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by khalvin, Aug 29, 2017.

1. khalvin

khalvin Regular Member

Student
    Hi, I've been playing for 2 years now. I was using a Nanoray Glanz - 4U and it seems pretty solid for me but it was rather too flexible and it cracked. Now I'm in search for a new racket and I'm considering what Yonex might unveil in September which is the Astrox 77. Sounds good and judging from the YonexSneakPeeks and my personal opinion, it might be just right up my alley. What bogles me is, Should I stick with the 3U or 4U. I'm considering to get 3U since it will be a balanced racket. Any advice or recommendations welcomed.

Thank you

2. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    no. astrox 77 is being advertised as head heavy.

swsh likes this.
  3. khalvin

khalvin Regular Member

Student
    I didn't know that, Can you show me where you found that info. Would really like to check it out

4. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    IMO it is a smart move to buy a racket which is a few month to a year on the market. If it has any issues like defect, numb feel etc, you can read it here. You have also a bunch of reviews from people who played it a long time. But a recommendation without anybody who ever touched the racket yet or played it for a couple of month is for you useless. If you come from a Nanoray Glanz 4U, you shouldn't consider a too stiff and too head heavy racket. Playing 2 years of badminton is not a long time, so you should take a look at these rackets:
    • Duora 7(3U)
    • Voltric 70(4U)
    • Victor BS12 (3U)
    • Arcsaber 7
    • Duora 10 (3U)
    • LD Force (4U)
    IMO the best is to borrow one of these from friends or club mates. These are all common rackets, so you have a chance of nearly 100% to find anybody at any club or group who use one of them.

swsh and khalvin like this.
  5. khalvin

khalvin Regular Member

Student

Thank you so much for the recommendations. I'm quite sold on the new racket but I'm still quite open to ideas. In your opinion do you think that the Astrox 77 is going to be head heavy and If I were to purchase it do you think I should get 3U or 4U?

6. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    The Astrox is advertised as head heavy. The Astrox series is the successor of the Voltric series. I guess that the 77 is close to the VT70 e-tune, but nobody knows...nobody touched it yet, so I can't tell you anything that I don't know, but I'm sure that the Astrox will be head heavy and you should stick with the 4U. A 3U hh racket is too far away from your current/previous racket. IMO it's better to take small steps in one direction than to much at the same time. Also count in that I'm just a MD/XD player so I would always choose quickness over power.

7. offbad

offbad Regular Member

student
    yeah i found it on the internet. it says this on the frame.

Yonex ASTROX 2017