share pictures of your stringing machines!

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by kwun, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

I believe it's because they are patented.

2. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Reality points the other way round. As far as I'm informed, the round grippers are not very fancied amongst stringers. That's why Tennisman is offering the Gamma machines modded with a linear gripper system optionally. I'm pretty sure that it's possible to mount a whole Gamma tensioning system on a Superstringer machine with a bit of handyman talent. The big question is how big the impact of this effect in reality truly is and if it's worth the money and effort.

Looking at the ping frequencies when I still had the drop weight (with a standard linear gripper), they ended up in a range off +-5 Hz between several jobs on the same racket with constant string setup. And I've never taken any special care about the end position of the gripper during pulls. I would consider that as a sign that the results are very precisely repeatable.

Regarding the round gripperd being patented - they seem to be around for many years which should exceed the effectivity of any copyright or patent.

3. arundeep

arundeep Regular Member

Badminton coach, SAP consultant
    Well, I do not have any gadgets to measure pings or pull (yet :) ). But, I think straight gripper offers ease of use, so it should be preferable.
    Regarding the variation of pings, my theoretical guess is the credit goes to law of averages. On the whole racket, every time gripper would end up at different position for each string. This would average out to similar amount of variation in each racket. Thus making the overall racket seems consistent. I think here the point is to take away a variable, which is added by design. e.g keeping everything same, including machine, if I change a gripper, it should not cause effect on my racket bed, be it may 50g or 500g.

4. Kaelhdris

Kaelhdris Regular Member

To measure the ping you can use a smartphone with the free CarlTune app.

5. arundeep

arundeep Regular Member

Thanks, will try. I think with this discussion we (atleast I) learned something about the design and its effect on dropweight machines. Not sure how this can be put in use by manufacturer (some if not all).

Now, time is to let someone share photos of new machine :)

6. Baddyman#1

Baddyman#1 Regular Member

1)Is the 6/12 daptor for the tennis included in the kit or you have to buy them separately? Same go for the badminton is it included?

2)i notice u tie your load spacer with a string?

3)i am thinking of buying the t70 from tennisman without the weight or wise to save on shipping cost and buy the wise locally. It is still 360 turntable with the wise installed? (any extra spacer used and is it included already as standard spare part)?

Appreciate and await your feedbacks. Thank you in advance.

7. arundeep

arundeep Regular Member

Don't have any place and probably table for my machine(yet). It was really hard for back and tiring working on the old setup. managed to build a simple table to gain some height. It almost feels like no effort at all now. What a difference it makes by having proper height to the machine. happy back, happy me :):)

machine-table.png

8. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

Great idea. Just be careful not to pull the machine from its throne when you tie knots. :)

But having the machine at the right height is awesome. Me and my back were so happy after we finally got a proper stand for it.

9. arundeep

arundeep Regular Member

He he, Yes, I try t make sure of that. Otherwise it will fall on my foot :D. But I will try to make something that the foot are not on top of the table, but create some grooves, so they sit a bit inside and do not move/slide across the surface. It is an ongoing process apparently.

s_mair likes this.
  10. arundeep

arundeep Regular Member

Finally 2 projects came together. To make grooves to avoid sliding of the machine on the top.
    2nd to make a simple cardboard based drawer for the tools :) No fancy, but good enough for now to keep the tools away from strings.

IMG_20180801_200819-2.jpg IMG_20180802_115209-2.jpg

Babar, s_mair and decoy like this.
  11. SweString

SweString New Member

My contribution :)

IMG_20180815_135508.jpg

Super85, llrr, tjiew and 2 others like this.
  12. s_mair

s_mair Regular Member

SweString likes this.
  13. SweString

SweString New Member

I'm on 30 rackets now. Mostly Yonex 2 pice pattern. :)

14. Konquerian

Konquerian Regular Member

@s_mair I finally got my stand for my s90 .[​IMG]

15. Konquerian

16. kaffars

kaffars Regular Member

Geologist
    I take it you got the updated version of the wise tension head? So how does it compare I saw you ask in your thread.

17. Konquerian

Actually, I'm using the series 12, which is the previous version of the current model. I started that thread to ask members who might already be using the new series 14 for feedbacks, but still no comments yet.

18. Baddyman#1

That looks nice! Is there already pre drilled holes underneath thats provision for the stand?

19. Konquerian

Yes, all the necessary holes are pre-drilled already, and also holes for the feet of the stand. I just swapped out those plastic feet with caster wheels.

It does look very nice. I tried to find something locally first, but couldn't find anything nearly as nice looking as the matching superstringer stand, so I pull the trigger on ordering the stand with Dirk, even though the final price was much more expensive than any of the stands that are sold locally.

20. Baddyman#1

@Konquerian that awesome all pre-provisioned. I can't wait for mine to arrive.
    Im going to make a custom bracket that's longer to move the wise further out also if possible lower the bracket so i dont have to install the spacer disc and have just amble room for the mounted racket handle to clear the gripper.