Shoes with Good Support

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Anant, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Anant

Anant New Member

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a new pair of shoes while playing Badminton. I've been using the Li-Ning ranger shoes for the past couple of years but I wasn't very happy with them. Their quality wasn't too good either with the stitching coming off in a few months.

I've used them for a few months with the Superfeet Green insoles but once the insole pair wore out, I switched back to the original insole as we don't get Superfeet insoles easily or at a reasonable price in my country (India).

I've been reading up and I feel that the 65 Z2M is a good option for me but unfortunately, it is not available right now at most stores (incl. Amazon). The 75th Anniversary edition or the Kento Momota editions are available but they are nearly $25-$30 (INR 2000-2500 more) than the standard edition. I don't really care about special editions and the standard edition is already stretching my budget (Standard is USD 120 - INR 8500 India).

For a more reasonably priced option, I've also considered Asics which are available and in stock for most popular models. But I've not been able to find any major reviews or opinions on Asics shoes and which model has good cushioning and support. I need good cushioning and support as I've rolled my ankle a few times and had ligament injuries on both my ankles (one while playing badminton).

Can you help and provide advice and suggestions on a good shoe (preferably, under USD 100 / INR 7K)?

Thank you

2. London_Player

London_Player Regular Member

admin
    You can try Asics Badminton shoes.
    I had used their Gel Blade series and now switched to Gel Tactic 2. Their quality of course is superior to the likes of Yonex and Lining, as they're world leaders in shoes and I found them solid shoes.

Rajesh shanmugam likes this.
  3. Anant

Anant New Member

Thank you. Apologies for the late response as I did not get the notification. Can you tell me how are the Gel-Rocket 10 and Gel Blade series? I'll check but I do not recall Gel Tactic being available in my country

4. Budi

Budi Regular Member

Try to look at badmintoncn.com on chrome & use translate feature.
    Theres alot of badminton stuff review & comment. Tho the translation sometimes abit messy but well at least you know what it mean (more or less).

Eyeing on Victor P9200CC or A930 currently. But i guest my big feet size are not widely available:rolleyes:

5. Anant

Anant New Member

Thank. Will check out the site.